तिङन्तरूपकोशः कश्चन

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Feb 22, 2015, 3:05:19 PM2/22/15
to संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH, bhAratIya vidvat pariShad भारतीयविद्वत्परिषद्, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com, giri...@gmail.com
नमो नमः।

श्रीमता गिरीशमहाभागेन तत्सहोद्योगिभिश् च http://sanskrit.jnu.ac.in/tinanta/tinanta.jsp?t=45 इत्यत्र प्रकाशितानि (~४४० धातूनां) तिङन्तरूपाणि अधुना stardict सञ्चिका रूपेणोपलभ्यन्ते।

Example outputs:
Looking up "जग्मुः" yields:
From jnu-tiNanta

जग्मुः

गम्लृ (गतौ, भ्वादिगण, परस्मै, लिट्)
 जगाम जग्मतुः जग्मुः
 जगमिथ जग्मथुः जग्म
 जगाम जग्मिव जग्मिम

Looking up गम्लृ yields (nearly) all lakAra-s.

Android phone screenshots: http://goo.gl/BKsgAo http://goo.gl/YqkoBh

Installation using the improved https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sanskritcode.sanskritdictionaryupdater app is simple if you have an android (version 5+) phone .

Vishvas /विश्वासः

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Feb 25, 2015, 10:52:18 AM2/25/15
to संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
​+sanskrit-programmers​

Looks like the dictionary updater crashes with Android 4.4.4 on Nexus 4. It would be great if this issue can be fixed. This would be so useful! I downgraded recently from Lollipop version because I had too many issues with Nexus 4.

I know of this issue ( https://github.com/sanskrit-coders/stardict-dictionary-updater/issues/1 ), but am ​completely befuddled by it. I am including all the recommended libraries, yet we have this missing class. Looking on the internet has not helped so far. If someone has any solution, please let me know.

Any pointers to an alternate way to install this dictionary file would be useful too.

​Here are instructions I had written down earlier, which include a workaround​

​​Ubuntu Linux:
Install goldendict with:
 ​sudo apt-get install goldendict .

​Android:
* Install the goldendict app. (The paid version is worth it - you will be able to use as many dictionaries as you like. Further, it is more stable than colordict - as of 2015.)
​* To install dictionaries, there are several strategies:
​** You can use an app such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sanskritcode.sanskritdictionaryupdater to install some common dictionaries in one shot.
​** You can use the Colordict app to install dictionaries (instructions are provided here - http://www.aupasana.com/software/stardict-android ). Sometimes, this method is known to fail. Goldendict will pick up dictionaries installed by this method.
** You can install the dictionaries is by downloading the XYZ.tar.gz files, and extracting them (using an app like ZArchiver) to the corresponding SDCARD/dictdata/XYZ folder (which can be created using a file manager app such as TotalCommander).

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Mar 1, 2015, 7:53:27 PM3/1/15
to संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
​+bcc: सुधीः, हरिः।​

Looks like the dictionary updater crashes with Android 4.4.4 on Nexus 4. It would be great if this issue can be fixed. This would be so useful! I downgraded recently from Lollipop version because I had too many issues with Nexus 4.

I know of this issue ( https://github.com/sanskrit-coders/stardict-dictionary-updater/issues/1 ), but am ​completely befuddled by it. I am including all the recommended libraries, yet we have this missing class. Looking on the internet has not helped so far. If someone has any solution, please let me know.

​I've pushed a fix​ - an update should be available in the play store in about 12 hours.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Mar 6, 2015, 6:29:56 PM3/6/15
to संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com

I have found many a times while re-indexing the app crashes and there after only re-installing and fresh downloading helps.

​You're probably talking about Colordict - I remember having the same experience. I have had no problems with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.goldendict.android , which I now use - so I have no incentive to reinvent that wheel.