select_tag issues with rails3

amvis

Feb 27, 2012, 11:01:54 AM2/27/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Just i used the select_tag in the rails3 for the country selection option. But  when i click on that ,i didn't give any option. here is the code which am used.

Is there any problem with this ...?

Thank you
vishnu

Colin Law

Feb 27, 2012, 11:08:07 AM2/27/12
On 27 February 2012 16:01, amvis <vgrkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just i used the select_tag in the rails3 for the country selection option.
> But  when i click on that ,i didn't give any option. here is the code which
> am used.
>
>          <%= select_tag( "<option
> , :class => "span2" ) %>

Yes, you have got it all wrong I am afraid. Have a look at the html
it is generating and you will see the problem. Have a look at the
docs for select_tag to see where you are going wrong. Whenever
something is not working it is worth looking at the html.

Are you sure you should not be using f.select rather than select_tag?
You should use form_for whenever appropriate rather than form_tag.

Colin

Colin

> Is there any problem with this ...?
>

> Thank you
> vishnu
>

> --

gplus.to/clanlaw

Colin Law

Feb 27, 2012, 12:13:22 PM2/27/12
On 27 February 2012 16:45, amvis <vgrkr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Just i used the select_tag in the rails3 for the country selection
>> > option.
>> > But  when i click on that ,i didn't give any option. here is the code
>> > which
>> > am used.
>> >
>> >          <%= select_tag( "<option

>> > , :class => "span2" ) %>
>>
>> Yes, you have got it all wrong I am afraid.  Have a look at the html
>> it is generating and you will see the problem.  Have a look at the
>> docs for select_tag to see where you are going wrong.  Whenever
>> something is not working it is worth looking at the html.
>>
>> >Are you sure you should not be using f.select rather than select_tag?
>> >You should use form_for whenever appropriate rather than form_tag.
>
> This is just i tried..
>

>> <%= form_tag(:controller => "home", :action => "create", :method =>
>> "post") do %>
>>
>> <%= label_tag("City") %>

>>      <%= select_tag( "<option value=1>c1</option>
>>
>> <option value=2>ctnry</option>
>>
>> <option value=3>cntry</option>
>>
>> <option value=4>cntry</option>" , :class => "span2" ) %>

Are you asking for more help or what? Did you check the html output
You will easily find examples of how to use it.

And as I said you should be using form_for and f.select anyway.

Colin