ruby server chrashes

roelof

Sep 14, 2012, 3:23:06 PM9/14/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When I do rails server it chrashed with this ouput : http://pastebin.com/DJ21qC5h

Anyone a idea what is the cause of this problem and how to solve this ?

Roelof

Tom Meinlschmidt

Sep 14, 2012, 3:49:38 PM9/14/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
try to reinstall your json gem

tom
> --

Tomas Meinlschmidt, MS {MCT, MCP+I, MCSE, AER}, NetApp Filer/NetCache

www.meinlschmidt.com www.maxwellrender.cz www.lightgems.cz

roelof

Sep 14, 2012, 4:11:40 PM9/14/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Maybe a stupid question.

How do I reinstall that gem on ruby 1.9.3 ?
Can I do gem uninstall json and then gem install json.
And do I have to do bundle install ?

I have used rvm to install ruby 1.9,3.

Roelof

Colin Law

Sep 14, 2012, 5:10:05 PM9/14/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
See
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5916
I think the problem is that you have not got a consistent build of
gems (different ruby versions or something). If you get rid of the
gemset and start again so that all the gems are re-built you should be
ok,

Colin

Frederick Cheung

Sep 15, 2012, 6:15:31 AM9/15/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
If reinstalling the gems in a clean gemset doesn't work then It's usually an environmental thing, for example if you use macports its sometimes possible for one version of a library to be picked up while compiling ruby (or a gem) but a different version is used when ruby actually runs. Unfortunately working out exactly what is wrong is a bit hit and miss

Fred

roelof

Sep 15, 2012, 2:53:28 PM9/15/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Doing all the steps again did the step.
The only thing I changed is before I made the gemset I entered ruby use 1.9.3

Everythig thanks for the help

Roelof