jquery-ujs has already been loaded!(application.js)

Fahim Patel

Nov 26, 2012, 10:58:23 AM11/26/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js than i am getting error in console.

 Q1. What is use  jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than why we need jquery_ujs.js ?

########application.js####################
//= require jquery
//= require jquery-ui
//= require jquery_ujs
//= require_tree .

getting error in firebug console shown below:-
Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!
 Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
 TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function
Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting error below one
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found  - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"

Thanks

Fahim Babar Patel

Jim Ruther Nill

Nov 26, 2012, 6:53:08 PM11/26/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 26/11/2012, at 11:58 PM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi ,
I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js than i am getting error in console.

 Q1. What is use  jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than why we need jquery_ujs.js ?

It is needed so that links that have remote: true and is not a get request will include the authenticity token when you click it. Search for jquery_ujs

########application.js####################
//= require jquery
//= require jquery-ui
//= require jquery_ujs
//= require_tree .

What gem provides jquery-ui?  It may already be loading ujs. You can look at this gem of you want to use jquery ui
https://github.com/joliss/jquery-ui-rails

getting error in firebug console shown below:-
Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!
 Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
 TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function
If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.

Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting error below one
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found  - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"

Replace :defaults with 'application'
Thanks

Fahim Babar Patel

Fahim Patel

Nov 26, 2012, 11:56:33 PM11/26/12

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:23:48 AM UTC+5:30, jim wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On 26/11/2012, at 11:58 PM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi ,
I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js than i am getting error in console.

 Q1. What is use  jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than why we need jquery_ujs.js ?

It is needed so that links that have remote: true and is not a get request will include the authenticity token when you click it. Search for jquery_ujs

########application.js####################
//= require jquery
//= require jquery-ui
//= require jquery_ujs
//= require_tree .

What gem provides jquery-ui?  It may already be loading ujs. You can look at this gem of you want to use jquery ui
https://github.com/joliss/jquery-ui-rails
In dummy project  i do //= require jquery_ujs in app.js and there is no error message shown.

getting error in firebug console shown below:-
Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!
 Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
 TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function
If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.
Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting error below one
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found  - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"

Replace :defaults with 'application'

I include  <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> in one of dummy project  and there is no error is showing in console.

Did i am missing any thing which create problem in javascript files?

Jim Ruther Nill

Nov 27, 2012, 12:38:42 AM11/27/12
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

In this case, I'm not sure what's wrong.  when you say app.js, do you mean application.js? Or do
you have another js file by the name of app.js?

getting error in firebug console shown below:-
Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!
 Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
 TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function
If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.
Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting error below one
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found  - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"

Replace :defaults with 'application'

I include  <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> in one of dummy project  and there is no error is showing in console.

Did i am missing any thing which create problem in javascript files?

I'm also not sure about this one.  Newly generated projects dont use the :default directive (do you call it a directive?).
They use 'application' which is the reason why I told you to change it to 'application' because it is trying to load default.js
Thanks

Fahim Babar Patel

visit my blog at http://jimlabs.heroku.com

Fahim Patel

Nov 27, 2012, 2:09:59 AM11/27/12

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:09:11 AM UTC+5:30, jim wrote:

[...]

Its application.js .

[...]

yes , i include  :default from my side for testing it whether it give error in console or not ?
And there is no error in dummy project.

But when i include in my previous app it give same error
NetworkError: 404 Not Found  - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"

Fahim Patel

Nov 27, 2012, 5:40:04 AM11/27/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com