Setting image

Avi

Jan 17, 2013, 5:27:00 AM1/17/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I am uploading an image from disc. While choosing the image I want to show that image on the UI.
How can I do that?
I am using paperclip gem.

Thanks,
Avi

Ashokkumar Yuvarajan

Jan 17, 2013, 8:13:51 AM1/17/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avi,

Good Day,

Follow this url, very simple. Use it and enjoy.

Thanks,
Maddy :)

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference"

Thanks & Regards
Ashokkumar.Y
ROR-Developer
email : ashok...@shriramits.com
Shriramits

Jim Ruther Nill

Jan 17, 2013, 8:38:05 AM1/17/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
before html5, i think this is not possible since javascript shouldn't have access to your
file system.  what you can do is upload the image first then show a preview after.

Thanks,
Avi

visit my blog at http://jimlabs.heroku.com

Avi

Jan 17, 2013, 8:52:53 AM1/17/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
The requirement is:-

When we click on the button to choose the file, after choosing, the image should be shown in the ui in IFRAME or something.
Not sure how to do that...

Jim Ruther Nill

Jan 17, 2013, 9:49:37 AM1/17/13
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Avi <aavinas...@gmail.com> wrote:
The requirement is:-

When we click on the button to choose the file, after choosing, the image should be shown in the ui in IFRAME or something.
Not sure how to do that...

this is a shameless plug but you can look at my blog if you need help in doing this