don't persist a model on condition

1 view

Victor Stan

Oct 4, 2011, 1:45:26 AM10/4/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi, does anyone have some suggestion as to how I would NOT persist a model if some condition/attribute check of the model instance is true?
The condition would be some method I run using before_save or similar, and i would like a method within the model to set some parameter of the model which would render it not saveable (no error or notice should be triggered) -- if it was a new instance, and would delete an existing instance of it from the DB.
Using ActiveRecord.

Thanks

Colin Law

Oct 6, 2011, 4:52:37 AM10/6/11
On 4 October 2011 06:45, Victor Stan <victo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, does anyone have some suggestion as to how I would NOT persist a model

Why is everybody asking questions twice today?

See previous reply by me, though I am not sure it answers all the
points below. Please continue the discussion on the other thread if
necessary.

Colin

> if some condition/attribute check of the model instance is true?
> The condition would be some method I run using before_save or similar, and i
> would like a method within the model to set some parameter of the model
> which would render it not saveable (no error or notice should be triggered)
> -- if it was a new instance, and would delete an existing instance of it
> from the DB.
> Using ActiveRecord.
> Thanks
>

> --