passing json parameter in ruby on rails

amvis

Apr 3, 2012, 7:55:25 AM4/3/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Just i called one function in my program, but i need to pass one json parameter...But getting the error like
ArgumentError (Unknown key: branch_id):

CODE

branch1(params[:branch])

def branch1(branch)
  branch123 = Branch.find(params[:branch])
end

And my rest-client body is

{"user": {"password":"password","user_name":"user2"},"branch":{"branch_id":"1"}}

Colin Law

Apr 3, 2012, 8:09:14 AM4/3/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Do you mean that is the value of params? If so then params[:branch]
is a hash rather than a id value. Perhaps you mean
find(params[:branch][:branch_id]), or perhaps I misunderstand what you
are trying to do.

Colin

> --

gplus.to/clanlaw

amvis

Apr 3, 2012, 8:18:31 AM4/3/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

i need to get the values from the :branch. so  when i call the function authenticate_for_branch, how to pass that branch and  accept that...?
Thank you
vishnu

On Tuesday, 3 April 2012 08:09:14 UTC-4, Colin Law wrote:
On 3 April 2012 12:55, amvis <vgrkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just i called one function in my program, but i need to pass one
> json parameter...But getting the error like
> ArgumentError (Unknown key: branch_id):
>
> CODE
>
> branch1(params[:branch])
>
> def branch1(branch)
>   branch123 = Branch.find(params[:branch])
> end
>
> And my rest-client body is
>
> {"user":
> {"password":"password","user_name":"user2"},"branch":{"branch_id":"1"}}

Do you mean that is the value of params?  If so then params[:branch]
is a hash rather than a id value.  Perhaps you mean
find(params[:branch][:branch_id]), or perhaps I misunderstand what you
are trying to do.

Colin

> --

> For more options, visit this group at

gplus.to/clanlaw

murali dhararao

Apr 3, 2012, 8:57:52 AM4/3/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
  Hi,

Get the data of
branch=params[:branch]  [:branch_id] unless params[:branch].nil?

send this branch to the method.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/U26tcu0h4lMJ.

Thanks & Regards,
MuraliDharaRao.T