跳到第一則未讀訊息

Saravanan P

未讀,
2013年1月25日 凌晨3:48:552013/1/25
收件者:rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

 I am using wicked pdf and rails 3.2.8.

I can generate pdf (html to pdf).
How can i store my pdf file into amazon s3 without storing in Local.

Please help

GT

未讀,
2013年1月26日 下午4:22:162013/1/26
收件者:rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Using Paperclip, you should be able to configure to store your pdfs onto amazon s3.

Cheers,
GT

Saravanan P

未讀,
2013年1月26日 晚上10:01:122013/1/26
收件者:rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I dont think it will helpful, below is my code,

// in my model

      content = File.read "#{Rails.root}/app/to/mytemplate.html.erb"
      template = ERB.new(content)
      html_content = template.result(binding)
      pdf= WickedPdf.new.pdf_from_string(html_content)
      save_path = "#{Rails.root}/public/test_pdf.pdf"
      File.open(save_path, 'wb') do |file|
       file << pdf
      end
      @photo = Photo.new
      @photo.avatar = File.open("#{Rails.root}/public/message#{@message.id}.pdf")
      @photo.save

The above code will generate pdf and store file locally then only i am uploading into s3 server.
But i need to store s3 without store into local. Is that possible?

Saravanan.P

Regards by
Saravanan.P

未讀,
2013年1月27日 凌晨3:58:302013/1/27
On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Saravanan P <sarav...@shriramits.com> wrote:
> I dont think it will helpful, below is my code,
>
> // in my model
>
> content = File.read "#{Rails.root}/app/to/mytemplate.html.erb"
> template = ERB.new(content)
> html_content = template.result(binding)
> pdf= WickedPdf.new.pdf_from_string(html_content)
> save_path = "#{Rails.root}/public/test_pdf.pdf"
> File.open(save_path, 'wb') do |file|
> file << pdf
> end
> @photo = Photo.new
> @photo.avatar =
> File.open("#{Rails.root}/public/message#{@message.id}.pdf")
> @photo.save
>
> The above code will generate pdf and store file locally then only i am
> uploading into s3 server.
> But i need to store s3 without store into local. Is that possible?

Try Fog (http://fog.io) -- you can open up a storage connection and
write directly to S3:

Creating the S3 item (new) after making connection and bucket:

file = bucket.files.create(
:key => 'test_pdf.pdf',
:body => pdf,
:public => true
)

and the public URL is at:

file.public_url

Saving a new version of the S3 item:

file = bucket.files.get('test_pdf.pdf')
file.body = newpdf
file.save

Saravanan P

未讀,
2013年1月27日 晚上11:13:482013/1/27
收件者:rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
ok Tamouse Thank You. let me try this. :)

Regards by
Saravanan.P
回覆所有人
回覆作者