Re: [Rails] how to set domain name in heroku

Dave Aronson

Mar 10, 2013, 1:56:40 PM3/10/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM, ayyappa nallala
<ayyappa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How to set godaddy domain name for ruby on rails application in heroku

The way I did it, IIRC, was to redirect the "naked domain"
(whatever.com) to www, and make www a CNAME for the Heroku URL
(myappname.herokuapp.com).

Navigating your way through GoDaddy's DNS manager is left as an
exercise for the reader.

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC,
secret-cleared freelance software developer

ayyappa nallala

Mar 11, 2013, 1:10:23 AM3/11/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
where should i set the naked domain in godaddy

Loganathan Sellapa

Mar 11, 2013, 1:12:04 AM3/11/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Some heroku addon is available, pls chk it i forgotten the name.

Regards,
Logan

Sent from mobile device.

On Mar 11, 2013 10:40 AM, "ayyappa nallala" <ayyappa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> where should i set the naked domain in godaddy

Jordon Bedwell

Mar 11, 2013, 1:13:30 AM3/11/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM, ayyappa nallala
<ayyappa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> where should i set the naked domain in godaddy

Heroku does not support naked domains and those that are naked are legacy.

ayyappa nallala

Mar 11, 2013, 1:15:31 AM3/11/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
is it Zerigo DNS that u r talking about