Thin server giving Stack level too deep error

Sumit Srivastava

Dec 13, 2012, 12:31:13 AM12/13/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using thin web server in my rails project. But it gives stack level too deep error. Couldn't find any appropriate solution to this.
I have tried updating the ruby but didn't help.

Regards,
Sumit

Jim Ruther Nill

Dec 13, 2012, 12:43:58 AM12/13/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
can you post the entire trace here?  just a quick check would be to create a new rails app
using the same version of thin that you're getting issues with.  If it works, then there's
something wrong with your config.  First thing to look at would be the initializers you added.
Next would be to look at your environment config.

Regards,
Sumit

visit my blog at http://jimlabs.heroku.com

sumit srivastava

Dec 13, 2012, 12:47:06 AM12/13/12
On 13 December 2012 11:13, Jim Ruther Nill <jvn...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Sumit Srivastava <sumit.the...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am using thin web server in my rails project. But it gives stack level too deep error. Couldn't find any appropriate solution to this.
I have tried updating the ruby but didn't help.

can you post the entire trace here?  just a quick check would be to create a new rails app
using the same version of thin that you're getting issues with.  If it works, then there's
something wrong with your config.  First thing to look at would be the initializers you added.
Next would be to look at your environment config.

This is what I get in trace,

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Connection: close
Server: thin 1.3.1 codename Triple Espresso

SystemStackError: stack level too deep

sumit srivastava

Dec 13, 2012, 12:48:52 AM12/13/12
On 13 December 2012 11:17, sumit srivastava <sumit.the...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

The same thing works on some systems while fails on some. Googled about it and found several people have been facing this issue with thin. Didn't get any concrete solution.

Jim Ruther Nill

Dec 13, 2012, 12:53:24 AM12/13/12
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM, sumit srivastava <sumit.the...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

have you tried reinstalling the gem? or using a lower version of the gem?

Regards,
Sumit

sumit srivastava

Dec 13, 2012, 12:56:18 AM12/13/12
On 13 December 2012 11:23, Jim Ruther Nill <jvn...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Yes, I have also mentioned that it works on some systems but creates problem on few.

Jim Ruther Nill

Dec 13, 2012, 1:48:00 AM12/13/12
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM, sumit srivastava <sumit.the...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Yep, I read that part.  Sorry, I don't have any ideas anymore. Good luck.

sumit srivastava