Election results --no skiing content

morri...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 11:35:13 AM11/5/14
The election night vote counts released by the Texas Secretary of State and posted at <https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/enr/results/nov04_175_state.htm> show James Arthur Strohm polling 38,592 votes, or 20.02% in Texas Senate District 14.

Those numbers may shift slightly as absentee and provisional ballots are counted. Multiply Strohm's total by 4 to get Kirk Watson's approximate total.

It's more compelling to consider how much was spent per vote by the two gentlemen on the ballot. Neither candidate did diddley-squat as far as actual campaigning. If anything, Strohm was the more active candidate because he responded to more surveys and questionnaires than Watson, his incumbent opponent.

The following figures include all reports filed in 2014, but not reports for expenditures through election day. Some 2013 expenses are included; the Texas Senate has a four-year term so all expenses for this election cycle are not included. Only reports filed by both candidates are compared.

Watson's total expenditures for 2014 reporting to date exceed half a million dollars.

Strohm spent $6.31. For his whole campaign, start to finish.

That is $0.000164 spent per vote.

Watson spent somewhere north of $3.25 per vote, or about 20,000 times more per vote.

Final financial reports will be available online in a few weeks from the Texas Ethics Commission <http://www.ethics.state.tx.us/> .

If you wonder why Libertarians scare the other parties so much, this is a perfect example of why. We do so much more for so much less, if we were to come into power, all the political consultants and other parasites would be out of a job. And we'd run our offices like we run our campaigns, with saving our constituents' money at every step.

We wouldn't just drown big government in the bathtub (thank you, Grover Norquist, for that wonderful image), we'd also bury the remains in the compost heap to grow our non-Monsanto organic heirloom tomatoes next year.

Ob-ski content: With government mandated costs removed from ski areas, you could expect to see a 10 to 20% reduction in the cost of your lift tickets.

P.S. That vote total is the same as having 38,592 people "like" you on a social network in just 12 hours.

BrritSki

Nov 5, 2014, 12:11:10 PM11/5/14
On 05/11/2014 17:35, morri...@gmail.com wrote:
> The election night vote counts released by the Texas Secretary of State and posted at <https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/enr/results/nov04_175_state.htm> show James Arthur Strohm polling 38,592 votes, or 20.02% in Texas Senate District 14.
>
> Those numbers may shift slightly as absentee and provisional ballots are counted. Multiply Strohm's total by 4 to get Kirk Watson's approximate total..
>
> It's more compelling to consider how much was spent per vote by the two gentlemen on the ballot. Neither candidate did diddley-squat as far as actual campaigning. If anything, Strohm was the more active candidate because he responded to more surveys and questionnaires than Watson, his incumbent opponent.
>
> The following figures include all reports filed in 2014, but not reports for expenditures through election day. Some 2013 expenses are included; the Texas Senate has a four-year term so all expenses for this election cycle are not included. Only reports filed by both candidates are compared.
>
> Watson's total expenditures for 2014 reporting to date exceed half a million dollars.
>
> Strohm spent $6.31. For his whole campaign, start to finish.
>
> That is $0.000164 spent per vote.
>
> Watson spent somewhere north of $3.25 per vote, or about 20,000 times more per vote.
>
> Final financial reports will be available online in a few weeks from the Texas Ethics Commission <http://www.ethics.state.tx.us/> .
>
> If you wonder why Libertarians scare the other parties so much, this is a perfect example of why. We do so much more for so much less, if we were to come into power, all the political consultants and other parasites would be out of a job. And we'd run our offices like we run our campaigns, with saving our constituents' money at every step.
>
> We wouldn't just drown big government in the bathtub (thank you, Grover Norquist, for that wonderful image), we'd also bury the remains in the compost heap to grow our non-Monsanto organic heirloom tomatoes next year.
>

> Ob-ski content: With government mandated costs removed from ski areas, you could expect to see a 10 to 20% reduction in the cost of your lift tickets..
>

> P.S. That vote total is the same as having 38,592 people "like" you on a social network in just 12 hours.

Well done Jim. Based on the previous result and now this one I think
you're on target for a landslide win at the next election :)

morri...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 12:56:44 PM11/5/14
On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:11:10 AM UTC-6, BrritSki wrote:

> Well done Jim. Based on the previous result and now this one I think
> you're on target for a landslide win at the next election :)

This may be my last run for office.

However, every time election season rolls around, the Party asks whether I'd be interested in running again. And it's hard to resist helping out the Party.

With a decently bankrolled campaign against an unpopular incumbent in a two-way race, I might be able to roll my name recognition and my consistent 20% vote in two-ways into a victory.

I am already eyeing a State Representative office held by a 12-term Democrat who's widely hated by most of his constituency and keeps his office only because of the fools who vote straight-ticket.

He's from Queens NY and looks like a younger Joe Namath in his picture and an older Barack Obama in his policies.

lal_truckee

Nov 5, 2014, 12:59:59 PM11/5/14
On 11/5/14 8:35 AM, morri...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ob-ski content: With government mandated costs removed from ski areas, you could expect to see a 10 to 20% reduction in the cost of your lift tickets.

What "government mandated costs" are you planning to remove? Lift
inspections? Payments for commercial use of publicly owned property i.e.
Forest Service land owned by you and me equally?

(PS If you did happen to get elected I'd like you to legislate to the
effect it's a federal crime to deny public backcountry access anywhere a
resort abuts Forest Service land.)

morri...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 1:11:08 PM11/5/14
On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:59:59 AM UTC-6, lal_truckee wrote:
Let's see ... most environmental restrictions, most OSHA requirements, most employment restrictions, for starters. I'm not well-versed on the subject but I'm confident that with a copy of the Federal budget and a few weeks to search I could come up with a huge stack of Federal cuts.

But -- I'm a state-level candidate for now, and Texas doesn't have any ski areas besides privately owned steep driveways that abut publicly maintained steep roads and other rights-of-way, and then only when there's an ice storm.

Ob-ski content -- with the current storm traversing Texas, we're seeing snow accumulations greater than 18 inches at elevations above 8500 feet.

Nov 5, 2014, 1:46:24 PM11/5/14
I will tell you one thing, you will never be elected for stating that
Charles Manson was right about "Helter Skelter", and it is no surprise that
there 38,592 idiots who voted for a guy, who stated many of the crazy
libertarian ideas that don't work in a nation with over 300 million people,
and is modern complex OECD nation.

If you want to be elected, you need to disavowed many of the racist ideas
and people that surround the Libertarian Movement in the US.

Horva...@net.net

Nov 5, 2014, 2:20:07 PM11/5/14
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 09:56:43 -0800 (PST), morri...@gmail.com wrote
this crap:

>I am already eyeing a State Representative office held by a 12-term
> Democrat who's widely hated by most of his constituency and
> keeps his office only because of the fools who vote straight-ticket.
>
>He's from Queens NY and looks like a younger Joe Namath in
> his picture and an older Barack Obama in his policies.

You, (an unknown from Texas) are going up against a 12 term incumbent
democrap in Queens? I don't think you've thought this out.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Horva...@net.net

Nov 5, 2014, 2:26:46 PM11/5/14
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 10:11:07 -0800 (PST), morri...@gmail.com wrote
this crap:

>Let's see ... most environmental restrictions, most OSHA requirements,
> most employment restrictions, for starters. I'm not well-versed
>on the subject but I'm confident that with a copy of the Federal
> budget and a few weeks to search I could come up with a
> huge stack of Federal cuts.

A few weeks? I could cut a billion dollars out of the budget in one
day.
Message has been deleted

morri...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 2:35:27 PM11/5/14
On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:20:07 PM UTC-6, Horva...@net.net wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 09:56:43 -0800 (PST), mo**@g*.com wrote

> You, (an unknown from Texas) are going up against a 12 term incumbent
> democrap in Queens? I don't think you've thought this out.

FROM Queens, not IN Queens. He's my state rep. For state offices in Texas, you have to live in the district for the office you seek.

All things considered, I don't think I'd ever even VISIT New York again, much live there long enough to be eligible to run for office there.

Horva...@net.net

Nov 5, 2014, 3:55:21 PM11/5/14
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 11:31:22 -0800 (PST), smurfett...@gmail.com
wrote this crap:

>On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:20:07 PM UTC-6, Horva...@net.net wrote:
>
>> You, (an unknown from Texas) are going up against a 12 term incumbent
>> democrap in Queens? I don't think you've thought this out.
>
>FROM Queens, not IN Queens.

Your mistake. You weren't clear. So you do have a snowball's chance
in Texas.

Horva...@net.net

Nov 5, 2014, 3:57:58 PM11/5/14
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 11:35:26 -0800 (PST), morri...@gmail.com wrote
this crap:
I don't know what part of NY you were in. I loved Manhattan and I
would live there anytime.

Alan Baker

Nov 5, 2014, 3:58:51 PM11/5/14
He was perfectly clear, Lieutenant Liar.

Just because you can't read what is written and understand it doesn't
make the problem his.

The Real Bev

Nov 5, 2014, 5:39:51 PM11/5/14
On 11/05/2014 10:11 AM, morri...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:59:59 AM UTC-6, lal_truckee wrote:
>> On 11/5/14 8:35 AM, mo**@**.com wrote:
>>> Ob-ski content: With government mandated costs removed from ski
>>> areas, you could expect to see a 10 to 20% reduction in the cost
>>> of your lift tickets.
>>
>> What "government mandated costs" are you planning to remove? Lift
>> inspections? Payments for commercial use of publicly owned property
>> i.e. Forest Service land owned by you and me equally?
>>
>> (PS If you did happen to get elected I'd like you to legislate to
>> the effect it's a federal crime to deny public backcountry access
>> anywhere a resort abuts Forest Service land.)
>
> Let's see ... most environmental restrictions, most OSHA
> requirements, most employment restrictions, for starters. I'm not
> well-versed on the subject but I'm confident that with a copy of the
> Federal budget and a few weeks to search I could come up with a huge
> stack of Federal cuts.

What about liability insurance. Back in the dark ages a friend of the
guy who owned Mt. Waterman said that liability insurance accounted for
half the price of a lift ticket.

> Ob-ski content -- with the current storm traversing Texas, we're
> seeing snow accumulations greater than 18 inches at elevations above
> 8500 feet.

Do you actually have anything that high?

A friend from Florida said that the highest point in the state was a
freeway overpass.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority."

Richard Henry

Nov 5, 2014, 5:56:15 PM11/5/14
At the southern end of a ridge of high peaks that loops down out of New Mexico north of El Paso.

SkiGu...@telus.net

Nov 5, 2014, 6:19:17 PM11/5/14
On Wednesday, 5 November 2014 12:58:51 UTC-8, Alan Baker wrote:

> He was perfectly clear, Lieutenant Liar.
>
> Just because you can't read what is written and understand it doesn't
> make the problem his.

Mmmm, I sense someone is missing his favourite chew toy... easy there, fella. ;-)

Alan Baker

Nov 5, 2014, 6:26:48 PM11/5/14
Naah.

The Lieutenant is known to me from other groups...

...and he lies constantly.

:-)

pigo

Nov 5, 2014, 6:41:55 PM11/5/14
Oh oh. Someone seems upset that the Senate is going to start sending out legislation. Is the prospect of investigation bothersome as well?

Richard Henry

Nov 5, 2014, 7:55:04 PM11/5/14
The filibuster stick just got passed across the aisle.

pigo

Nov 5, 2014, 9:00:18 PM11/5/14
Do you think that they'll complain about operating under the rule change now?

Horva...@net.net

Nov 5, 2014, 9:27:06 PM11/5/14
On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 14:39:49 -0800, The Real Bev
<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote this crap:
The highest point in Florida was Space Mountain. Now it's the
Matterhorn.

Horva...@net.net

Nov 5, 2014, 9:28:19 PM11/5/14
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 15:26:47 -0800, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote this crap:

>>> make the problem his.
>>
>> Mmmm, I sense someone is missing his favourite chew toy... easy there,
>> fella. ;-)
>
>Naah.
>
>The Lieutenant is known to me from other groups...
>
>...and he lies constantly.
>
>:-)

Name one lie.

Richard Henry

Nov 5, 2014, 11:10:06 PM11/5/14
The potato in your speedo picture.

Nov 5, 2014, 11:44:21 PM11/5/14
No,it is part of the election cycle, and I have to respect the American
voters choices for Senators.

I am talking about the huge denial of Libertarians of some huge racists in
their party and the main intellectuals of their party and philosophy, like
Murray Rothbard. Most Libertarians cover up their racism with the sheen
they are for freedom,when they are actually Social Darwinists.

When someone says that "Charlie Manson was right", that is big problem,
when they agreed with a sociopathic murderer.

Horva...@net.net

Nov 6, 2014, 8:48:32 AM11/6/14
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:10:05 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
<pome...@hotmail.com> wrote this crap:

>On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 6:28:19 PM UTC-8, Horva...@net.net wrote:

>> >Naah.
>> >
>> >The Lieutenant is known to me from other groups...
>> >
>> >...and he lies constantly.
>> >
>> >:-)
>>
>> Name one lie.
>>

>The potato in your speedo picture.

That was no lie. I was happy that your sister was taking the picture.

pigo

Nov 6, 2014, 9:58:47 AM11/6/14
On Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:48:32 AM UTC-7, Horva...@net.net wrote:

> That was no lie. I was happy that your sister was taking the picture.

But please, next time you do that, put it in the front! :-)

pigo

Nov 6, 2014, 10:01:00 AM11/6/14
On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:44:21 PM UTC-7, > wrote:

> When someone says that "Charlie Manson was right", that is big problem,
> when they agreed with a sociopathic murderer.

No it doesn't. It's merely a belief that Charlie's race war predictions were correct if not timely.
Message has been deleted

morri...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 1:31:16 PM11/6/14
On Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:20:12 AM UTC-6, scat...@hotmail.com wrote:

> It's a good thing you are a clueless asshole who has no chance of ever getting
> elected. Even in a state full of clueless assholes.

I am waiting for 38,592 people to "like" that post.

Waiting ...

... waiting ...

Horva...@net.net

Nov 6, 2014, 1:48:17 PM11/6/14
On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 06:58:46 -0800 (PST), pigo <bobt...@gmail.com>
wrote this crap:

>On Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:48:32 AM UTC-7, Horva...@net.net wrote:
>
>> That was no lie. I was happy that your sister was taking the picture.
>
>But please, next time you do that, put it in the front! :-)

You saw the pic and you liked it.
Message has been deleted

pigo

Nov 6, 2014, 6:30:48 PM11/6/14
On Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:31:16 AM UTC-7, morri...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am waiting for 38,592 people to "like" that post.
>
> Waiting ...
>
> ... waiting ...

It appears we have a new ranter?

morri...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 7:12:20 PM11/6/14
On Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:30:48 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:

> It appears we have a new ranter?

It's an unfortunate legacy to assume.

Maybe it's like a bad horror movie -- one ranter dies, but its evil spirit takes over a new victim.

pigo

Nov 6, 2014, 9:00:24 PM11/6/14
Well, it is stuck in Breckenridge.

origin...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 11:35:31 PM11/6/14
You realize you originally replied under your other alias, smurfetteblue1999 with exactly the same text, right. So you are a transsexual in Seattle and a libertarian from Texas. Sounds about right. Spend much time in airport bathrooms with a wide stance? Shall I post headers to show your charade? Or do you just want to keep it on the down low with your buddy Pigo?

Goober Jones

Nov 7, 2014, 8:52:26 AM11/7/14
On Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:35:31 PM UTC-5, origin...@gmail.com wrote:
> You realize you originally replied under your other alias, smurfetteblue1999 with exactly the same text, right. So you are a transsexual in Seattle and a libertarian from Texas. Sounds about right. Spend much time in airport bathrooms with a wide stance? Shall I post headers to show your charade? Or do you just want to keep it on the down low with your buddy Pigo?

Excuse me but you're either completely off your rocker or the worst troll ever (and considering Abraham that is bad).

origin...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 3:58:34 PM11/7/14
Whatever. Horvath responded to the original posted as smurfette before it was deleted and reposted as Jim. Check out the attribution on his post. Also, some servers do not honor the delete message request, so it's right there to see, posted as Smurfetteblue1999 on my server. I just wonder why he logged in as smurfette when he wasn't intending to post to rec.skiing.alpine as her/him. Probably answering email looking for a hookup. Here's Horvaths response to smurfette/Jim.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.skiing.alpine/1bNT-hr6Pk8/CRMJNgq6o44J

k2m...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 5:05:52 PM11/7/14
On Friday, November 7, 2014 2:58:34 PM UTC-6, origin...@gmail.com wrote:

> Whatever. Horvath responded to the original posted as smurfette before it was deleted

Ever hear about rlogin?

Or the possibility that both were at the same console? There is such a thing as interstate travel and sofa-surfing.

Richard Henry

Nov 7, 2014, 5:33:01 PM11/7/14
Before I risk a reply, is this discussion going to go on for 15 years?

origin...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 6:55:50 PM11/7/14
Google account credentials shared across an rlogin? How stupid are you?

Or a pasty white middle aged conservative politician in Texas sofa surfing with a preop cross dressing transexual from Seattle that likes to wear short sexy skirts? Again. How stupid are you?

Look at the posting IP address of smurfette and Jim over the past few months. They either hang together a lot or Jim has a fantasy life he really doesn't want the people he wants to vote for him to know about.

origin...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 6:56:31 PM11/7/14

> > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.skiing.alpine/1bNT-hr6Pk8/CRMJNgq6o44J
>
> Before I risk a reply, is this discussion going to go on for 15 years?

10 max.

pigo

Nov 7, 2014, 7:10:40 PM11/7/14
So if Jim wanted to fuck with ol' asscave with the tranny thing. oac has shown a liking for what sure appeared to be a tranny. So what? There is no out of bounds when it comes to oac. Claiming military service, law enforcement, medical professional, all out of whole cloth is out of bounds for all but the lowest, slimiest, losers on the planet and trunky did all of them. Then consider the reputation for abuse of children? I would venture that there is nothing out of bounds when it comes to that POS.

origin...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 8:09:47 PM11/7/14
Asscave wasn't running for office, dumb ass. Not really surprising you excuse the same behavior when it's someone running for political office on your side. Hippocerite. Besides, you miss Scott.

pigo

Nov 7, 2014, 11:11:32 PM11/7/14
On Friday, November 7, 2014 6:09:47 PM UTC-7, origin...@gmail.com wrote:

> Asscave wasn't running for office, dumb ass. Not really surprising you excuse the same behavior when it's someone running for political office on your side. Hippocerite. Besides, you miss Scott.

Was there someone on your side doing that that I condemned? I must have forgotten about that. Lately I've only criticized the blatantly unconstitutional, openly racist, and damaging to the US way of life from the regime. You'll have to paste the ones where I busted someone's balls for trolling ol' asscave.

There is virtually no difference here for me.

Goober Jones

Nov 8, 2014, 10:15:04 AM11/8/14
On Friday, November 7, 2014 8:09:47 PM UTC-5, origin...@gmail.com wrote:

> Asscave wasn't running for office, dumb ass. Not really surprising you excuse the same behavior when it's someone running for political office on your side. Hippocerite. Besides, you miss Scott.

I hope that's just trying to be funny because I've never seen such a butchering of the spelling of hypocrite. If it isn't a joke then you've just confirmed my opinion that you're too dumb to walk and chew gum at the same time. I know that the democrats rely upon the low information voter - witness Mary Landrieu's latest stupidity "Where was Bill?" (He was setting up a surge hospital to handle overflow cases from Katrina and he wasn't even in politics at the time). but in your case a "no information voter" is more apropos. You need to take a rest, you're coming across like a complete buffoon.