Barons & Anarchs

extrala

Jun 3, 2008, 6:57:05 AM6/3/08
After I my anarch baron played "Open War", can he play "CrimethInc."?
The more general question is like this: Does "requires a baron"
implicates "requires an anarch"?

Open War [TR:R]
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action. Requires a baron.
Put this card in play. Anarch vampires can enter combat with any
minion as a (D) action. They can burn a location as a (D) action that
costs 2 pool. Any Methuselah may use a master phase action to move 1
counter from his or her pool to this card. When this card has 4 pool,
burn it and gain 4 pool. Only one Open War may be played in a game.

CrimethInc. [TR:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier.
Disciplines: Protean/Quietus/Thaumathurgy
Requires an anarch. Play after resolving a successful action that
requires an anarch or makes this vampire an anarch.
[pro]: Untap this anarch.
[qui]: Untap another ready anarch.
[tha]: Put this card in play. During your minion phase, you may burn a
pool to untap a ready anarch you control.

LSJ

Jun 3, 2008, 8:18:03 AM6/3/08
extrala wrote:
> After I my anarch baron played "Open War", can he play "CrimethInc."?
> The more general question is like this: Does "requires a baron"
> implicates "requires an anarch"?

Yes.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/9e80e76544131d75

jcrossn...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2008, 4:19:01 PM6/3/08
> Yes.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/9e80...

On another note, are the actions allowed by Open War considered
actions that require an anarch for the same purpose?

LSJ

Jun 3, 2008, 6:11:20 PM6/3/08

By explicit card text, sure.

jcrossn...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2008, 7:10:21 PM6/3/08
On Jun 4, 12:11 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

Thanks. I would have figured as much, but I seem to recall some
confusion surrounding Increased Strength and the strike to destroy
Meat Hook. For that matter, I don't recall how that works. I should
probably look it up in case someone ever decides to play Meat Hook.

LSJ

Jun 4, 2008, 6:44:28 AM6/4/08
jcrossn...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks. I would have figured as much, but I seem to recall some
> confusion surrounding Increased Strength and the strike to destroy
> Meat Hook. For that matter, I don't recall how that works. I should
> probably look it up in case someone ever decides to play Meat Hook.

The strike to destroy the Meat Hook is not a damage-dealing strike, so Increased
Strength won't affect it, even though it is a strike that requires Potence.