PS: Thursday (Sept. 22) -- Pure Soap highlights

Joanna L. Castillo

Sep 23, 1994, 8:10:37 PM9/23/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Thursday -- 22-SEP-1994

[Sorry I forgot to post this yesterday. I guess it's the airhead in me
just dying to get out, eh? :) Heh heh.]

SOAP NEWS:

- GH. Jon Lindstrom and his five-member band Johnny Sako [sp? - tsk
tsk, I should know this by now] have signed a record deal. Expect an
end-of-the-year CD release featuring all new song.

- GL. Kimberly J. Brown who plays Maura will be singing and dancing her
heart out in SHOWBOAT. This is the 9 YO actress' third Broadway
production in as many years. Previously she was in FOUR BABOONS
ADORING THE SUN and LES MISERABLES.

- OLTL. Yasmine Bleeth is starring in BAYWATCH this season. She also
appeared as an in-studio guest on Howard Stern's radio show. [Insert
clip of Yasmine telling Howard that "Yasmine Bleeth" is her real
name.]

UPDATES:

- OLTL. Hank's brother R. J. (aka Jimmy) resurfaced when least
expected. [Insert clip of Jimmy admiring his reflection in a mirror.]

- GL. Nick came home to help his mother Alexandra after she was bitten
by a snake. He should've known she'd want the visit extended into
something permanent. [Insert clip of Alexandra telling Nick she needs
him to be with her...especially now that Fletcher has walked out. He
says he's sorry but he can't ask Melinda to do that. She tells him
his family comes first and is under attack.]

- Y&R. Nina has never felt too comfortable around her husband Ryan's
ex-wife. But now, courtesy of Victoria's centerfold, she knows more
about her rival than she ever wanted to. [Insert clip of Nina and her
mother (?) talking about the centerfold. Nina says Victoria's the
last person on earth she would've expected to appear in such a
magazine.]

- GH. The story featuring Bobbie, Tony, and Damian just keeps going and
going. Last we checked, Damian was paralyzed thanks to Bobbie's prank
in the sewer and Bobbie's estranged husband Tony was the doctor in
charge of his case. [Insert clip of Tony verifying the fact that
Damian seems to be recuperating nicely.]

- AMC. Harold's still trying to come home after Janet dumped him in a
van headed for California. It looks like he's one step closer after
he presented his new caretaker with a pill bottle belonging to none
other than Janet Green herself. [Insert clip of Harold dropping the
pill bottle on a table where the woman looking after him can see it.]

IN-STUDIO GUEST: DOOL's Tanya Boyd (Celeste)

- All villains need henchmen to carry out their evil deeds. DOOL's
Stefano had Celeste. [Insert clip of Celeste telling Stefano that Bo
still doesn't believe that Gina is Hope. She says she can't stand
watching poor innocent people suffer so...especially Billie.]

- STM asks where she developed that accent Celeste has. Tanya,
laughing, says she has no idea. When she met Joe Mascolo who plays
Stefano she just sort of picked up on his accent.

- Fan reaction has been great. When you're outside of L.A., people come
up to her all the time. She says fans love to hate her.

- Tanya got engaged during the location shoot in New Orleans. They'd
been working on the Maisson Blanche story and she joined her fiance
who was working with Bette Midler. It was very romantic...they were
in the Quarter...it was perfect.

- Tanya used to tour and sing backup for Anita Baker and Lou Rawls. She
met her fiance when she was working with Anita...he was her music
director. She says they were just friends for years and years before
realizing, one day, that they *really* liked each other a lot.

- She's been in several films including NEW YORK, NEW YORK starring
Robert DeNiro and JO JO DANCER staring Richard Pryor.

- A caller wants to know how Celeste gets in and out of houses without a
key which sends STM and Tanya into fits of laughter. Tanya says she's
sure Stefano has set Celeste up with everything she needs. The
audience doesn't see it but she's sure that's the case.

- A caller wants to know if Stefano and Celeste will ever get together.
Tanya says he's such a womanizer you just never know.

- Asked if Celeste will ever turn against Stefano, Tanya says it sounds
like a good plot twist but she doesn't know.

- To write:
Tanya Boyd
c/o Days Of Our Lives
NBC-TV
3000 West Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523

That's it for Thursday.

Joanna.

=-=-=-=

Notes:

- STM ==> Shelley Taylor Morgan, bubbly host of PURE SOAP.

- Please forgive any misspellings where character/actor names are
concerned. I'm simply using my "best guess" for folks on shows I
don't keep up with if the name is not displayed on the screen.

- PURE SOAP is a half-hour daily show that's broadcast on the E!
Entertainment Television cable channel. Check your local cable
listings for availability, time, and channel. To write: Pure Soap,
c/o E! Entertainment Television, 5670 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
90036.

- There's no way I can post everything that happens on the show every
day so this is just *highlights* of the show.

--
| \____ ----- ____/ | "If it's in stock, we've got it!" |
| ( o o ) | -- my all-time favorite company slogan |