Saluki porn

jeffrey kane

Aug 17, 2012, 12:06:12 PM8/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, been having an amazing 18 months on this baby and just had to post this pin-up pic ...
good doggy_show pic.jpg

Seth Vidal

Aug 17, 2012, 12:15:59 PM8/17/12
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM, jeffrey kane <jsk_o...@mac.com> wrote:
> Sorry, been having an amazing 18 months on this baby and just had to post
> this pin-up pic ...

Dude. Beautiful. I love the hetre-red and the butterscotch frame.

It reminds me of this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36397392@N06/sets/72157615351530151/

-sv

Marc Schwartz

Aug 17, 2012, 12:17:21 PM8/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hung it up in my bunk next to the Betty Grable. Take that, Shikelgruber!

Marc "is there any coffee left? S.

_______________________________________
Sorry, been having an amazing 18 months on this baby and just had to post this pin-up pic ...

Marc Schwartz

Aug 17, 2012, 12:26:32 PM8/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the lady had a bath before the modeling shoot!
Aug 17, 2012, 12:29:58 PM8/17/12
to RBW Owners Bunch

That's a beauty.

jeffrey kane

Aug 17, 2012, 12:35:23 PM8/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
54cm/2nd owner
Nitto 8mm tech delux
Gran Bois Maes 1970's 42cm (longest ramp I've ever seen ... maybe too long, even)
VO long setback seatpost, now rendered irrelevant because I had to move the seat up to accommodate the long reach bars!
Brooks Swift
TRP brake levers
Paul Racer front brake
Dia Compe centerpull rear brake
Sugino Alpina 34/48
Shimano DA/7401 headset ... exactly the same as 600 model, btw.
Shimano DA DT shifters
Shimano DA/7700 front derailer
Shimano DA/7700gs long cage rear derailer
Shimano DA/11-27 cassette
Shimano DA/7850 front + rear hubs (28 hole) w/Velocity a23's (built by Anthony @ Longleaf)
Shimano A530 pedals
GB Hetres
50cm Berthoud SS fenders
Mark's rack

James Warren

Aug 17, 2012, 11:50:25 PM8/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Needs to be taken on a ride in the redwoods.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 17, 2012, at 9:06 AM, jeffrey kane <jsk_o...@mac.com> wrote:

Sorry, been having an amazing 18 months on this baby and just had to post this pin-up pic ...

<good doggy_show pic.jpg>

SteveD

Aug 18, 2012, 11:41:56 AM8/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Oh my! I'm kicking myself for not buying a Saluki when they first came out. I've been thinking about buying an AHH in butterschotch sometime next year.

-Steve
Seattle

lungimsam

Aug 18, 2012, 11:51:06 AM8/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Could you post some close ups of the headbadge, dt emblem, and st emblem?

William

Aug 18, 2012, 12:30:15 PM8/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That's absurdly yummy.  Was it built originally with the bridge in the rear for a centerpull?  Like, did it precede the existence of Silver sidepulls?  I'm swooning over your fender clearances.

jeffrey kane

Aug 18, 2012, 9:17:03 PM8/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'll post some close ups next week...

jeffrey kane

Aug 18, 2012, 9:25:01 PM8/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the bridge is original and the frame has a nice rear cable hanger welded in place as well ... this, I believe is because the first runs of these frames predate the silvers or Tektro calipers. I've run both and found a little more room for the fenders with the center pulls (particularly in front). Maybe the side pull calipers are a little nicer feeling ... but not enough to be bothered over.
Message has been deleted

lungimsam

Aug 19, 2012, 12:35:49 PM8/19/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That butterscotch and the cream head tube and the gold badge really look great together.

Rob

Aug 22, 2012, 10:51:17 PM8/22/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Whoa--that's beautiful!

I may have to see if Hetres will fit under my fenders....

Rob in Seattle (also owner of a butterscotch Saluki)

Rob

Aug 22, 2012, 10:57:24 PM8/22/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
PS. I have SA-01 and my bike has that same rear centered cable hanger. Plays nice with Paul Racer centerpulls. My decal uses a different font. Interesting.

jeffrey kane

Aug 22, 2012, 11:23:26 PM8/22/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Here's the head badge, it's a that gold(ish) color .... no idea if that makes it the "brass" or "pewter" version offered at the time. and an interesting note about the "butterscotch" color for the original owed, Steve Frederick:

I have the very first butterscotch Saluki--custom colors were available for a modest up charge in the first run of frames.  I wanted something similar to the harvest gold color offered on customs, maybe a bit richer, with a little more brown, and after a few email exchanges, Grant came up with that color for me.  He like it so well he made it the standard color for subsequent runs--not entirely a new shade for Rivendell; it is very nearly the same color as one of my early WoolyWarm jerseys...

On Friday, August 17, 2012 12:06:12 PM UTC-4, jeffrey kane wrote:
saluki head badge.JPG

jeffrey kane

Aug 22, 2012, 11:25:38 PM8/22/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
yeesh, that should have read:  and an interesting note about the "butterscotch" color from the original owner ... !

lungimsam

Aug 23, 2012, 12:27:31 PM8/23/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting. I like the Saluki badges. Never seen the gold one up close before. Very nice.

Steven Frederick

Aug 23, 2012, 1:24:56 PM8/23/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Looks great, man! Glad it found a good home.

Steve

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM, jeffrey kane <jsk_o...@mac.com> wrote:
> Sorry, been having an amazing 18 months on this baby and just had to post
> this pin-up pic ...

Steven Frederick

Aug 23, 2012, 1:26:45 PM8/23/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Brass--the pewter was a dullish silvery-grey.
> --
> "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rbw-owners-bunch/-/dB4LlDXywrcJ.

Steven Frederick

Aug 23, 2012, 3:05:44 PM8/23/12
On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM, William <tape...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's absurdly yummy. Was it built originally with the bridge in the rear
> for a centerpull? Like, did it precede the existence of Silver sidepulls?
> I'm swooning over your fender clearances.

Yep, the first batch or three of 'Luki's had the option of either
centerpulls or cantis. Superlong reach tektro/silver sidepulls came
along a bit later...

Steve