A very custom Rivendell

Joe Bernard

Oct 16, 2012, 2:07:41 PM10/16/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
And now for something completely different. A very long toptube for a size 50.6 frame, CENTERpull braze-ons, 650b, and FUSCHIA!

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Leslie

Oct 16, 2012, 2:44:08 PM10/16/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The small fuchsia doesn't catch my attention, but the Bomba is the little sister of mine: mine's a 56, but otherwise identical.  The 61 Atlantis is a Toyo frame, a good value saving you some off of the W'ford ones.

Peter Morgano

Oct 16, 2012, 2:47:01 PM10/16/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Methinks the stand over on that Atlantis is a bit too close to my 86cm PBH, good thing too... :)

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Leslie <leslie...@gmail.com> wrote:
The small fuchsia doesn't catch my attention, but the Bomba is the little sister of mine: mine's a 56, but otherwise identical.  The 61 Atlantis is a Toyo frame, a good value saving you some off of the W'ford ones.

Brewster Fong

Oct 16, 2012, 3:10:00 PM10/16/12

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:07:41 AM UTC-7, Joe Bernard wrote:
And now for something completely different. A very long toptube for a size 50.6 frame, CENTERpull braze-ons, 650b, and FUSCHIA!

Well, at least it doesn't have a double top tube....:) Good Luck!

Steven Frederick

Oct 16, 2012, 3:16:09 PM10/16/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Customs are made in Taiwan now?
> --
> "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rbw-owners-bunch/-/rUFo6fp4fswJ.

Jeremy Till

Oct 16, 2012, 3:19:26 PM10/16/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Fairly certain that's a typo.

Leslie

Oct 16, 2012, 3:21:49 PM10/16/12
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:16:12 PM UTC-4, stevef wrote:
Customs are made in Taiwan now?

Huh?

Steven Frederick

Oct 16, 2012, 3:53:35 PM10/16/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That's what it says in the description. I suspect and hope it's a typo/error...

Leslie

Oct 16, 2012, 4:22:31 PM10/16/12
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:53:38 PM UTC-4, stevef wrote:
That's what it says in the description.  I suspect and hope it's a typo/error...

Ah! Totally missed that...  has to be a typo, I'd think....

Leslie

Oct 17, 2012, 8:07:28 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Check the Blug... Nobilette built it...

Peter Morgano

Oct 17, 2012, 8:13:20 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Just waiting for the short person with a pretty long torso who also loves pink.  I personally love the color, I think bikes can get away with pinks and purples and other colors that cars cannot.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Leslie <leslie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Check the Blug... Nobilette built it...

Joe Bernard

Oct 17, 2012, 8:40:06 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I love the color, too, but I'm not brave enough to ride it that way. It's actually a really good fit for me. Low standover, with a long toptube for a Bosco Bar, would be a perfect city cruiser. I like the Paul braze-ons and 650 wheel-size, too, but money no-can-do, unfortunately. The buy-in-plus-repaint would have me in full custom price territory. Call me if the frame is still around next summer...

Joe "I like dreamin' " Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Ryan

Oct 18, 2012, 12:07:22 PM10/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
 A custom? Made in Taiwan?

Bruce Herbitter

Oct 18, 2012, 12:22:06 PM10/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
No, Nobilette built in the US according to the what's new column.  Sloppy web page update, that's all.