BikeCharge Aftermarket ‘Hub’ Lets You Charge Your iPhone With Pedal Power

Eric Norris

Jul 26, 2012, 5:22:02 PM7/26/12
to RBW
Thought the group might be interested in this. Wonder if you can also run a light off this?

BikeCharge Aftermarket ‘Hub’ Lets You Charge Your iPhone With Pedal Power
CULT OF MAC | JULY 26, 2012
http://pulse.me/s/bCnZe

Simple, and easy to install. Photo London Cyclist There are a few ways to keep your phone juiced as you ride. Those with foresight will have specce... Read more

--
Sent via Pulse/

--Eric N

Joe Bernard

Jul 26, 2012, 8:20:38 PM7/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That is very cool.

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

PATRICK MOORE

Jul 26, 2012, 11:15:12 PM7/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I think there are at least two product out there that allow you to charge your phone or Garmin or, possibly, iPad from your dynohub. I thought, too, that PJ White carries one of them, but I can't be bothered to dig my way through his rather meandering website.

"When in Rome, do as they done in Milledgeville."
                                                                    Flannery O'Connor

-------------------------
Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM, USA
For professional resumes, contact Patrick Moore, ACRW
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html
-------------------------

Joe Bartoe

Jul 26, 2012, 11:21:25 PM7/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Google me this: Peter white charger hub

Get this:

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/ewerk.asp

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 21:15:12 -0600
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: BikeCharge Aftermarket ‘Hub’ Lets You Charge Your iPhone With Pedal Power
From: bert...@gmail.com
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

PATRICK MOORE

Jul 26, 2012, 11:21:41 PM7/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Aha! Floundered into them:

and http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/ewerk.asp (A Germanic $178 from ditto)

Jay in Tel Aviv

Jul 26, 2012, 11:29:05 PM7/26/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Cool. Follow the link at the bottom of the article for details and a
picture.
Looks like it has lights built in.

On Jul 27, 6:15 am, PATRICK MOORE <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there are at least two product out there that allow you to charge
> your phone or Garmin or, possibly, iPad from your dynohub. I thought, too,
> that PJ White carries one of them, but I can't be bothered to dig my way
> through his rather meandering website.
>

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That is very cool.
>
> > Joe Bernard
> > Vallejo, CA.
>
> > On Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:22:02 PM UTC-7, Eric Norris wrote:
>
> >> Thought the group might be interested in this. Wonder if you can also run
> >> a light off this?
>
> >> *BikeCharge Aftermarket ‘Hub’ Lets You Charge Your iPhone With Pedal
> >> Power*
> >> CULT OF MAC | JULY 26, 2012
> >>http://pulse.me/s/bCnZe
>
> >> Simple, and easy to install. Photo London Cyclist There are a few ways to
> >> keep your phone juiced as you ride. Those with foresight will have
> >> specce... Read more <http://pulse.me/s/bCnZe>
>
> >> --
> >> Sent via Pulse <http://pulse.me?src=email_ipad>[image: /]

Stonehog

Jul 27, 2012, 2:34:19 AM7/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, RBW Owners Bunch
There is also the Biologic Reecharge dynamo kit. http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/reecharge-dynamo-kit

I am using this with their iPhone case, and it is good so far.

Brian Hanson
Seattle,WA

Kelly

Jul 29, 2012, 9:04:41 AM7/29/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Be careful with the iPhone charging devices. In most cases if not all a separate cache battery is needed to maintain a constant charge to the iPhone.

Mine would charge ok directly as long as I didn't plug it in till moving and never stopped. Each change caused the iPhone to stop charging and complain of unsupported charging device. Cache battery fixed this.

The cache battery at Peter White worked but has no external charger. Takes 8 hours to fully charge the cache battery itself.

I've used the combination on two tours with good success.

Kelly

Allingham II, Thomas J

Jul 30, 2012, 8:59:30 AM7/30/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
PJW also sells a similar product called PedalPower+ that I have used on tour to charge an iPhone without having to use a cache battery. It works very well.
mg_info.txt

erik jensen

Jul 31, 2012, 3:04:38 PM7/31/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
i use the pedal power to keep my iPhone afloat. i use it for gps and it has enabled a convenient way to navigate dirt roads and avoid the hour sits in cafes in favor of hour sits on mountain tops. very helpful for backroad touring. would recommend.

oakland, ca
bikenoir.blogspot.com