"Old" Atlantis at Rivendell

Joe Bernard

Oct 17, 2012, 11:55:48 AM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Japanese, original fancy lugs, prescratched...this must have sat in the rafters for many years. My size, too. Yikes..I just bought a NIB Saluki. Somebody buy this quick so I don't have to!

Joe "yes, we have no money" Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Rick

Oct 17, 2012, 12:20:48 PM10/17/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just curious - is that the list differentiating Atlantis and Atlantis
2:

"- Old lugs, old crown, no mid-fork braze-ons, no kickstand plate."

Joe Bernard

Oct 17, 2012, 12:49:45 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Nope, they all have the "2" on the seattube. It's a vague reference to the fact there was once a Bridgestone Atlantis.

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Dan Abelson

Oct 17, 2012, 1:15:36 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

My size too and a good price. Don't think I can justify this, especially with a AHH and a Surly Troll. An Atlantis seems to overlap with these.

Please someone buy it.

Dan Abelson

dougP

Oct 17, 2012, 4:36:22 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Whew1 At that price, a little beausage is easily overlooked.  With inflation, that's less than I paid in 2003.

dougP

Mojo

Oct 17, 2012, 5:41:16 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Whip. Thank goodness that does not fit me. It's a deal.

Jim Mather

Oct 17, 2012, 5:42:26 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
There's one in your size too: http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/wsf-0026.htm

jim m
wc ca

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Mojo <gjtr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Whip. Thank goodness that does not fit me. It's a deal.

Joe Bernard

Oct 17, 2012, 6:23:48 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
A low price, and prescratched so I don't have to worry about causing the first one (I'm gonna be unbearable about it with my Saluki). Love the name, the color, the headbadge...hey, who wants to buy a '94 MB-1 with very nice period upgrades, and an immaculate polished-aluminum '95 Marin MTB!!? :)

Joe "Everything must go!!" Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Toshi Takeuchi

Oct 17, 2012, 6:28:45 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Phew, it's gone and my marriage is safe.

Toshi

Joe Bernard

Oct 17, 2012, 6:57:35 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Phew! Single, but the credit card doesn't need any more hits right now..

Joe

lungimsam

Oct 17, 2012, 6:59:06 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That Atlantis was gone like yesterday's dreams...

lungimsam

Oct 17, 2012, 6:59:44 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That Atlantis was tooked...

lungimsam

Oct 17, 2012, 7:00:56 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That's not 'cho Atlantis...!

lungimsam

Oct 17, 2012, 7:04:12 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That Atlantis was gone so fast; they're gonna have to put a number "3" on the next one's seat tube!

Scott G.

Oct 18, 2012, 8:37:40 AM10/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That was a Mark II Atlantis, it has the bowed chain stays to fit bigger tyres.
The Mark 1s, had S shaped chain stays that reduced tire clearance,
also the head tube angle .5 degree steeper in the 61cm size.

Scott G.
x-Mark 1 owner.

dougP

Oct 18, 2012, 4:43:52 PM10/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
This was one case where "...won't last, get it now before it's gone..." was for real.  I'd forwarded that to someone who's pondering an Atlantis.  Pondering takes too long when the deal is real.

Hope the new owner uploads some pics.

dougP