Walnut Creek BART

Marty

Aug 18, 2011, 9:42:48 AM8/18/11
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Planning a trip to Rivendell in a couple weeks, and looked up the BART station. Fun to see that a photo from Rivendell popped right up on the page!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32306142@N07/6056089662/in/photostream

Now, if only they could put together a garage sale for Friday the 26th...

Marty

James Valiensi

Aug 18, 2011, 9:47:55 AM8/18/11
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Does anyone know the route from Rivendell/Main Street to Mt. Diablo on bike? I intend to ride it tomorrow morning. I have done it before with the Rivendell gang, but it was a twisted route that I can't remember.

Thanks!

James Valiensi, PE
Northridge, CA
H818.775.1847 M.818.585.1796

eflayer

Aug 18, 2011, 10:45:11 AM8/18/11
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
there a many criss crossing bike paths in Walnut Creek. My bike club gets to Diablo by taking the Bart to the Pleasant Hill Station. There is a path that starts there with a fine new expensive bike bridge over Treat Blvd. So go over the bridge toward Treat, then make the first bike trail left onto the Contra Costa Canal Trail. That trail will take you into Heather Farms Park. From there you exit the park on San Carlos in the direction of Mt Diablo. If you do a google map, you will be able to see how San Carlos and a couple of more turns takes you to the Diablo north entrance road. Then it's climb, climb, climb.

Jim Mather

Aug 18, 2011, 11:36:19 AM8/18/11
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That might even be my Quickbeam in the picture. It looks the right
size (60) and mine had bright blue padded bar tape for a while.

jim m
wc ca

Jim Mather

Aug 18, 2011, 11:52:54 AM8/18/11
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Here are some directions for a fairly direct route to North Gate Rd from RBW:
Turn left onto Central Rd
Turn right onto N Broadway
Turn left onto Ygnacio Valley Rd (Ride the sidewalk when you're on Ygnacio)
Turn right onto Montego
Turn right onto La Casa Via
Turn left onto Contra Costa Trail (This path is on the north side of
the big surface parking lot that is just past the hospital.)
At trail intersection, turn right to stay on Contra Costa Trail
When trail intersects Walnut Ave, turn right onto Walnut Ave
At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit right onto Oak Grove Rd
Turn left at North Gate Rd

> --
> "RBW Owners Bunch" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rbw-owners-bunch/-/XYaAOutAM2AJ.

Horace

Aug 18, 2011, 1:33:56 PM8/18/11
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The bike directions from google maps look like a decent route for this:

http://goo.gl/Ziwq7

Harry H

Aug 18, 2011, 2:12:27 PM8/18/11
to RBW Owners Bunch
Stop by the shop. We've got maps and open at 9am.

Harry