Happy Holidays! Any Surprise Bike Treasures?

已查看 227 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Liesl

未读,
2012年12月25日 14:02:152012/12/25
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I know many of us have probably indulged ourselves picking out our own Rivvy gifts encouraged by the raffle, but how about the surprises?

I got a beautiful simple Sykes water bottle cage in cherry.

http://www.sykeswoodfenders.com/sykeswoodfenders/cherry_wbh.html

Oh my it's lovely against a sandblasted clear powder coat protovelo with Soma Xpress 650B skinwalls in, yes, Terra Cotta (thanks Jim at Hiawatha)

http://somafab.blogspot.com/2012/06/new-tires.html

What'd you get?

Happy Holidaze,
Riv Chica Warrior

Lawnsbyt

未读,
2012年12月25日 14:10:322012/12/25
收件人 RBW Owners Bunch
Medium Sackville Shopsack to fit my rambouillet's wald basket,
beautiful! can't wait to load er' up and run around town.
Also a 5mm park allen wrench with the fancy blue handle.

Eric Norris

未读,
2012年12月25日 14:58:532012/12/25
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com、rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Very nice frame for my Rivendell art poster, which my wife now likes so much that she suggested hanging it in the living room!

–Eric N
Sent from my iPhone 5

PATRICK MOORE

未读,
2012年12月25日 15:09:402012/12/25
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Gee whiz! That is a piece of modernist sculpture!

Patrick Moore, who had a tailwind downhill to church and a wind chill of ~20 and a headwind uphill home with a windchill of ~ 25, all in a 72" gear in bright, sunny, and damned cold ABQ, NM.

Season's best wishes to all (even those who didn't score a wooden bottle cage).

David Spranger

未读,
2012年12月25日 15:39:042012/12/25
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Compound Curve- Sapelle, African Mahog, Bloodwood Fenders for my new to me AHH from http://www.woodysfenders.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=355

David
Charlotte, NC

justin...@gmail.com

未读,
2012年12月25日 18:36:192012/12/25
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Riv poster!

-J

cyclotourist

未读,
2012年12月25日 22:51:122012/12/25
收件人 RBW Owners Bunch
Also a Wald basket, but it's the huge model when I needed the medium. Anybody have a medium they want to trade?

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM, <justin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Riv poster!

-J

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." -Mark Twain

Michael

未读,
2012年12月26日 00:14:142012/12/26
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Just some bucks, so will probably be getting a new saddle bag from riv soon!

Andy Smitty Schmidt

未读,
2012年12月26日 01:10:192012/12/26
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Marginally Riv related (that's my wife's Betty Foy in the background), but obviously bike related... The wife commissioned an artist friend to draw/paint a family biking caricature of the Smitty clan.

--Andy

C.J. Filip

未读,
2012年12月26日 10:50:272012/12/26
收件人 RBW Owners Bunch
MUSA BoxerUndies! They're heavenly. Looking forward to summer
performance when things, er, heat up.

On Dec 25, 10:10 pm, Andy Smitty Schmidt <54ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marginally Riv related (that's my wife's Betty Foy in the background), but
> obviously bike related... The wife commissioned an artist friend to
> draw/paint a family biking caricature of the Smitty clan<http://www.flickr.com/photos/15966859@N07/8307278711/>.

Scott Henry

未读,
2012年12月26日 11:05:122012/12/26
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I ended up with a new Eddie Bauer First Ascent messenger bag.   It looks great and seems to be comfortable though I haven't ridden with it yet (work and the great midwest blizzard).

My TimBuk2 bag was still functional, but all of the velcro was loosing its grip.  I cant wait to give the EB a try.
Scott
Dayton, OH

numbnuts

未读,
2012年12月26日 15:26:552012/12/26
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,
My first MTB was a mid 80s lugged stumpy (the orange one). I rode it for over twenty years before a frame builder friend told me that the stress waves in the top and down tube were serious enough that I should retire the frame. So I did, and bought a Ritchey (which my wife uses as her uppity townie - if there can be such a thing - more on that later). At any rate, I have been looking for another ever since and finally grabbed one off of the local CL. It's a lil rough, but serviceable, and will be my new workhorse (shopper, pull a trailer) townie. It will replace a mid 90s steel Rockhopper I bought years ago, also off the local CL.

And about the Ritchey. When my wife and I became engaged I offered her in lieu of a ring any bike she wanted (we meet on a group ride). She responded, 'I'll take the Ritchey, and a ring'. So it really is hers because she did indeed marry me. She is a shrewd one that gal.

Smooth Tracks,
Chris
Redding, Ca.

Manuel Acosta

未读,
2012年12月26日 21:53:292012/12/26
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I got a bike related home made quilt!
On the back there's cameras!

-manny

Joan Oppel

未读,
2012年12月27日 11:17:202012/12/27
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That is a fantastic present - enjoy!
Joan

Doug Way

未读,
2012年12月27日 21:15:422012/12/27
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi-

Happy Holidays! My surprise bike gift was a Joseph Lucas bicycle
oil-burning head light (the Planet model #33), still in the original
box! This thing came out of my Dad's workshop. I think he bought it at
a flea market in Belgium in the early 1970s. Not at all sure how old
this thing is, my best guess is between 1910 and 1920.

Anyone out there know anything about these?

I posted a couple of pictures of the lamp to my Flickr account. Here's
the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25652527@N05/sets/72157632361964076/

Best regards,
Doug Way
Boulder, CO
Atlantis & Roadeo
> --
> Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rbw-owners-bunch/-/0g4DzJQ_B-MJ.

PATRICK MOORE

未读,
2012年12月27日 21:27:282012/12/27
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I went out and bought an Indian made clone of this oil lamp circa 1966-1967, age just-turned 11 or 12, to fit on the "L" shaped headset-mount bracket on the birthday Hero that my father bought me as a birthday gift. I forget what oil I added to the reservoir, but I do remember how you raised the wick with a little wire wheel, and how, when you optimized wick length between brightness and smokelesssness, you got a mere glow-worm glow that could not really illuminate anything. These were still, if not state of art, at least market available then and there -- Bangalore, India, again, '66 or '67.

(For my next birthday, my father had the black stock Hero painted scarlet and had a AW added -- hottest Hero in the subcontinent at the time.)

On 12/25/12 12:02 PM, Liesl wrote:
I know many of us have probably indulged ourselves picking out our own Rivvy gifts encouraged by the raffle, but how about the surprises?

I got a beautiful simple Sykes water bottle cage in cherry.

http://www.sykeswoodfenders.com/sykeswoodfenders/cherry_wbh.html

Oh my it's lovely against a sandblasted clear powder coat protovelo with Soma Xpress 650B skinwalls in, yes, Terra Cotta (thanks Jim at Hiawatha)

http://somafab.blogspot.com/2012/06/new-tires.html

What'd you get?

Happy Holidaze,
Riv Chica Warrior

-------------------------
Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM, USA
For professional resumes, contact Patrick Moore, ACRW
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html
-------------------------

Bruce Herbitter

未读,
2012年12月27日 21:28:562012/12/27
收件人 rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Received a Park multi tool MT-1 and a pair of wool jerseys.  I am happy! Wore the L/S on today's ride and will be able to take the S/S one out tomorrow.  Both on the Rambouillet.

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Doug Way <jd-...@comcast.net> wrote:
[...]

回复全部
回复作者
转发