ANN RabbitMQ Java Client 5.8.0 Release Candidate 2 is released

Arnaud Cogoluègnes

Sep 17, 2019, 7:54:48 AM9/17/19
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the RabbitMQ team I'm happy to announce that the RabbitMQ
Java Client library 5.8.0 Release Candidate 2, a preview release, is
available for community testing.

This is a pre-release for 5.8.0, a maintenance release with a new
feature, a usability improvement, and dependency upgrades. It is
compatible with 5.7.x. All users of the 5.x.x series are encouraged to
test this version.

Note this pre-release adds support for OAuth 2 [1], a new
authentication mechanism supported by RabbitMQ 3.8 [2]. Users
interested in using OAuth 2 with RabbitMQ are encouraged to experiment
with RabbitMQ 3.8.0-rc.1 and Java client 5.8.0.RC2.

* Add support for OAuth 2 authentication
* Sanitise logged peer certificate values
* Bump dependencies (SLF4J, Micrometer)
* Do not depend on generated classes for update-secret extension

Consult the release change for more details [3].

Dependency (Maven artifact)

Maven:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.rabbitmq</groupId>
<artifactId>amqp-client</artifactId>
<version>5.8.0.RC2</version>
</dependency>

Gradle:

compile 'com.rabbitmq:amqp-client:5.8.0.RC2'

This new version is available on our PackageCloud Milestones Maven
Repository [4]. You need to add this repository explicitly to your
dependency manager configuration file.

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>packagecloud-rabbitmq-maven-milestones</id>
<url>https://packagecloud.io/rabbitmq/maven-milestones/maven2</url>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>
</repositories>

Gradle:

repositories {
maven {
url "https://packagecloud.io/rabbitmq/maven-milestones/maven2"
}
}

[1] https://next.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html#oauth2-support
[2] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rabbitmq-users/eedqsdbvuLk/Cp6kCrmbAgAJ
[3] https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-java-client/releases/tag/v5.8.0.RC2
[4] https://packagecloud.io/rabbitmq/maven-milestones

Wesley Peng

Sep 17, 2019, 7:57:41 AM9/17/19

on 2019/9/17 19:54, Arnaud Cogoluègnes wrote:
> Note this pre-release adds support for OAuth 2 [1], a new
> authentication mechanism supported by RabbitMQ 3.8 [2]. Users
> interested in using OAuth 2 with RabbitMQ are encouraged to experiment
> with RabbitMQ 3.8.0-rc.1 and Java client 5.8.0.RC2.
>
> * Add support for OAuth 2 authentication
> * Sanitise logged peer certificate values
> * Bump dependencies (SLF4J, Micrometer)
> * Do not depend on generated classes for update-secret extension

Nice news. thank you.

regards.