28.8k baud

Erlend Aasland

Apr 26, 2012, 8:48:51 AM4/26/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

As far as I know, the QExtSerialPort library does not support 28800 baud rate. What is the reason for this?

Kind regards,
  Erlend Aasland

Márton Miklós

Apr 27, 2012, 2:20:20 AM4/27/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This baud rate is nonstandard under POSIX (at least on my Linux box
there aren't any related constants in the termios.).
We can add this feature on Windows but I have not idea about that it
should work or not.

Regards,
Mikl�s

Erlend Aasland

Apr 27, 2012, 5:03:49 AM4/27/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok, I thought it was a standard baud rate. I know that some Windows applications support this baud rate.

Regards,
  Erlend

On Friday, April 27, 2012 8:20:20 AM UTC+2, Márton Miklós wrote:
Hello,

This baud rate is nonstandard under POSIX (at least on my Linux box
there aren't any related constants in the termios.).
We can add this feature on Windows but I have not idea about that it
should work or not.

Regards,
Mikl�s

> Hi folks,
>
> As far as I know, the QExtSerialPort library does not support 28800
> baud rate. What is the reason for this?
>

> Kind regards,
>   Erlend Aasland

1+1=2

May 5, 2012, 6:25:24 AM5/5/12
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Erlend Aasland <erl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, I thought it was a standard baud rate. I know that some Windows
> applications support this baud rate.
>

> Regards,
>   Erlend

Hi Erlend,

I don't want to introduce new enum value such as BAUD28800, but I can
give you an option to do so under windows platform in
QextSerialPort-1.2rc

Then, you can use

port->setBaudRate( (BaudRateType)28800 );

Hendrik Vennekate

Jan 17, 2013, 5:56:43 AM1/17/13
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi debao, Marten, and Erlend,

just a stupid question:  Is it possible to use 28800 baud in QExtSerialPort?  So far, we tried adding an appropriate enum value, but the device is irresponsive (and unfortunately, we can't change the baud rate... it does work with Putty, though).
If I understand debao's answer correctly:  wouldn't that only work with "-fpermissive" as a compiler option?
Has anybody of you had any success implementing that baud rate?

Sorry for the confused questions.
Best,

Hendrik

Hendrik Vennekate

Jan 17, 2013, 8:49:17 AM1/17/13
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

has anybody succeeded in communicating at 28800 baud?  Is it enough to add the corresponding enum value?

Best,

Hendrik

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Jan 17, 2013, 12:49:32 PM1/17/13
to qextser...@googlegroups.com, Hendrik Vennekate
On Thu 17 Jan 2013 10:49:17 Hendrik Vennekate escribió:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody succeeded in communicating at 28800 baud? Is it enough to add
> the corresponding enum value?

For what I see in qextserialport.h, you will need to add that value and
recompile qextserialport.

If this is somehow a standard speed, then a wishlist bug to add it upstream
would be great.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Quizá, para muchos, ahora que lo pienso, Wikipedia tiene
ciertamente un defecto imperdonable. No adorna.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/
signature.asc

1+1=2

Jan 20, 2013, 8:55:14 PM1/20/13
to qextser...@googlegroups.com, Hendrik Vennekate
Hi,

Custom baudrate can be used in MacOS and Windows in Qesp1.2rc if your system and device support that baudrate.

   port->setBaudRate((BaudRateType)28800 );

For other platforms such as BSD, as B9600 != 9600, it's not easy to support custom baudrate.

Regards,

Debao

Hendrik Vennekate

Jan 21, 2013, 4:39:43 AM1/21/13
to qextser...@googlegroups.com, Hendrik Vennekate
Hi,
thanks, debao and Lisandro.  Turns out -- and it pains me to say that -- we didn't activate hardware flow control (although for some miraculous reason the connection did work without it in PuTTY).

Best regards,

Hendrik