News on Adding an Adjunct Seat in QC Academic Senate

Rowena Li

Sep 12, 2014, 11:03:52 PM9/12/14
to qc-ad...@googlegroups.com

Welcome back to the Fall semester!

We have got a good news! Manuel Sanudo, Chair of QC Academic Senate, mentioned at New Faculty Orientation on September 2, that the Senate is considering a senate seat designated to an adjunct representative. This process will have to go through the Governance Committee, the Executive Committee and then for a vote to the full Senate. If it successfully goes through these steps, it will then go to the Board of Trustees because it is a QC Charter amendment.

Although this is still in the process, we hope it will survive all these steps and we will have our voice heard in the Senate.

Best,
Rowena

Rowena Li

Dec 12, 2014, 11:35:03 AM12/12/14
to qc-ad...@googlegroups.com
Good news!

Motion just passed at the Senate Governance Committee meeting to include an adjunct faculty member in the Senate. Attached is the pdf file. The next step is to go through the vote by the Executive Committee, the full Senate, and then the Board of Trustees. We are getting there, thanks to Manny Sanudo and all the Governance Committee members.

Wish everyone a successful semester and a wonderful holiday season!

Rowena

Adjunct_Senate_seat.pdf