Is it necessary to remove python26 to install python(x,y)-2.7.x?

Rich Signell

Dec 19, 2011, 1:16:05 PM12/19/11
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
I know the instructions say "It is recommended to uninstall any other Python distribution before installing Python(x,y)" but it's not clear whether this means all versions of python, or just any other python27 version.   I'd like to keep my existing c:\python26 version if possible, since this is the version that works with ArcGIS 10.0

Thanks,
Rich

Pierre Raybaut

Dec 20, 2011, 4:30:38 AM12/20/11
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
This means that installing multiple versions of Python is not
supported by the Python(x,y) distribution. Installing Python(x,y) on
top of any other Python distribution (even if it's a different version
of Python) has not been tested at all. So, if you go there, there
might be issues that we are not aware of.

Cheers,
Pierre

2011/12/19 Rich Signell <rsig...@gmail.com>:

Alexis

Sep 16, 2015, 10:36:29 AM9/16/15
to python(x,y)
Hi,

Is there any update on this topic? I mean I want to setup some continuous integration for our projects, and we have multiple pythonxy versions requirements (especially one project which have to run under v2.7.2.1 whereas v2.7.5.1 is already install). My first thought is to install both versions and use env parameters to run on each. However previous post indicate this is not possible. What are the recommendations on this?
Thanks