Sites using Pyramid & Pyramid Advocacy

401 просмотр

Iain Duncan

не прочитано,
19 окт. 2012 г., 17:33:1119.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com, pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, I started a thread about this ages ago, and expressed interest in making something happen, and then life happened and I had not time. Now I'm in a position where this has become a higher priority again. It seems to me that one thing really lacking in the Pyramid docs is some advocacy and examples of high profile sites using Pyramid. I realize this is a bit non-sensical in that we're not talking about a CMS, but I'm sure I'm far from the only one who has had a client ask about that.

Plone and SQLAlchemy have done a great job of it.

So questions:

- sites using Pyramid? is there a list anywhere?

- If I want to help make one, what would be the recommended way of going about this?

Iain Duncan

не прочитано,
19 окт. 2012 г., 17:36:0419.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com, pylons-...@googlegroups.com
I found the thread I started back in Feb, but the links are dead now for the old Pylons wiki ones. Anyone know what happened to those?

Thanks
Iain

Iain Duncan

не прочитано,
19 окт. 2012 г., 17:48:1719.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com, pylons-...@googlegroups.com
SQLAlchemy has I think done a great job of it. I'd love to know which of these are also using Pyramid or Pylons under the hood:

Iain

Blaise Laflamme

не прочитано,
19 окт. 2012 г., 21:30:2419.10.2012
– pylons-...@googlegroups.com, pylons...@googlegroups.com
I think this should be added to the new pylons project / pyramid sites refactoring.

Noted.

If you have anything collected please share.

Thomas G. Willis

не прочитано,
20 окт. 2012 г., 08:27:5020.10.2012
– pylons-...@googlegroups.com, pylons...@googlegroups.com
I work for Batterii(http://batterii.com) we have a managed innovation solution written in pyramid and ember.js on top of google appengine. We actually have happy customers using it. I had sent someone our logo about a year ago for inclusion on the pylons site but it's still not up there.  Ember.js on the other hand included the logo fairly quickly.

Iain Duncan

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 19:58:0322.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com, Chris McDonough
Right, well I'll start collecting them then. Can you send it to idu...@xornot.com?

Chris, what's the easiest way for me to edit a page on the Pylons site to have a preamble and include my email address for people to send their links to?

thanks
Iain

Chris McDonough

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 20:13:5022.10.2012
– Iain Duncan, pylons...@googlegroups.com
On 10/22/2012 07:58 PM, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Right, well I'll start collecting them then. Can you send it to
> idu...@xornot.com <mailto:idu...@xornot.com>?
>
> Chris, what's the easiest way for me to edit a page on the Pylons site
> to have a preamble and include my email address for people to send their
> links to?

The source of the site is on github. I think this is it:

https://github.com/Pylons/pylonsrtd

- C
> <mailto:pylons...@googlegroups.com>.
> pylons-devel...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:pylons-devel%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Chris McDonough

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 20:15:2122.10.2012
– Iain Duncan, pylons...@googlegroups.com
On 10/22/2012 07:58 PM, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Right, well I'll start collecting them then. Can you send it to
> idu...@xornot.com <mailto:idu...@xornot.com>?
>
> Chris, what's the easiest way for me to edit a page on the Pylons site
> to have a preamble and include my email address for people to send their
> links to?

You may want to join irc.freenode.net#pyramid to get further info about
this stuff in realtime.

- C
> <mailto:pylons...@googlegroups.com>.
> pylons-devel...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:pylons-devel%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Blaise Laflamme

не прочитано,
23 окт. 2012 г., 15:48:5023.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com, Iain Duncan
In fact the site is at https://github.com/Pylons/pylonshq

pylonsrtd is the sphinx doc frontend for our full set of docs.

Best would probably be to collect them somewhere with logos in png+transparency at a good size, like 600px wide. I'll be sprinting o the new website at pylonsca on nov 12-13.

Steve Piercy

не прочитано,
23 окт. 2012 г., 16:21:3723.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com
Also for the potential contributer who does not know how to
contribute yet:
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/en/latest/#contributing

And:
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/en/latest/community/featuresbugs.html#working-on-code

Perhaps those should include mention of documentation or
propaganda (marketing materials)?

--steve

On 10/23/12 at 12:48 PM, bla...@laflamme.org (Blaise Laflamme) pronounced:

>In fact the site is at https://github.com/Pylons/pylonshq
>
>pylonsrtd is the sphinx doc frontend for our full set of docs.
>
>Best would probably be to collect them somewhere with logos in
>png+transparency at a good size, like 600px wide. I'll be
>sprinting o the new website at pylonsca on nov 12-13.
>
>On Monday, 22 October 2012 20:13:56 UTC-4, Chris McDonough wrote:
>>
>>On 10/22/2012 07:58 PM, Iain Duncan wrote:
>>>Right, well I'll start collecting them then. Can you send it
>>>to idu...@xornot.com <javascript:> <mailto:idu...@xornot.com <javascript:>>?
>>

>>>Chris, what's the easiest way for me to edit a page on the
>>>Pylons site to have a preamble and include my email address
>>>for people to send their links to?
>>
>>The source of the site is on github. I think this is it:
>>https://github.com/Pylons/pylonsrtd
>>
>>- C
>>

>>>thanks Iain
>>>
>>>On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Thomas G. Willis
><tom.w...@gmail.com<javascript:>
>>>pylons...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>
>>><mailto:pylons...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>. To
>>>unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>>pylons-devel...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
>>><mailto:pylons-devel%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com

--steve

Thomas G. Willis

не прочитано,
24 окт. 2012 г., 10:07:2724.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com, Chris McDonough
Cool. Just sent it to you.

Iain Duncan

не прочитано,
24 окт. 2012 г., 18:34:5024.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys.

I'm thinking what is necessary in the long run is for there to be some kind of app/page up that makes it super easy for someone to submit their site. Should this go to a pylons address, or do you guys want me to just stick something up that encourages people to email me the description and logo for now?

thanks
Iain

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pylons-devel/-/inaxx9ZRzIYJ.

Blaise Laflamme

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 07:41:0225.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com
I think for now we need an easy way to share assets, lets say something like a Dropbox folder?

Ricardo Newbery

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 13:48:5825.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com

What is the objective? To promote Pyramid or to promote third parties using Pyramid? If the former then having a well-curated list of showcase examples seems best. If the later then there may be an argument for opening it up to make it easy for people to submit their own sites. It's possible to do both but probably not in the same place.

Cheers,
Ric
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pylons-devel...@googlegroups.com.
>

> --
>

> --

Iain Duncan

не прочитано,
26 окт. 2012 г., 16:35:3526.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com

What is the objective?  To promote Pyramid or to promote third parties using Pyramid?  If the former then having a well-curated list of showcase examples seems best.  If the later then there may be an argument for opening it up to make it easy for people to submit their own sites.  It's possible to do both but probably not in the same place.

For me personally, the objective is to be able to show people and clients that Pyramid is used extensively in real world applications. In that sense, I agree some curation is probably necessary, as on the SQLAlchemy page. But I think it also helps just to have a really big list, much like Plone does.

Iain

Mike Orr

не прочитано,
28 окт. 2012 г., 13:49:0328.10.2012
– pylons...@googlegroups.com
Well. different people are looking for different things. Some people
want to see big names and high-traffic sites. Others want to see
really extensive sites doing a lot of things. Others want to see a
large number of sites. Others want to see a wide variety of innovative
features in the sites. The latter includes those who aren't using
Pyramid yet and want to see what it can do, and also those who are
using Pyramid and looking for ideas for their own sites.

--
Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>
Ответить всем