PuppetDB Install error: "::postgresql::validate_db_connection" at /etc/puppet/modules/puppetdb/manifests/server/validate_db.pp:62

Worker Bee

Oct 12, 2012, 10:03:56 AM10/12/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone;

I am getting the following error when I try to install PuppetDB.

Maybe I have stale instructions??

Thanks!
Bee

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Invalid tag "::postgresql::validate_db_connection" at /etc/puppet/modules/puppetdb/manifests/server/validate_db.pp:62

Nr18

Oct 30, 2012, 5:42:10 PM10/30/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Found it!!

You need to include the dependencies of the module in you module path:

Regards,

Nr18

On Tuesday, 30 October 2012 22:18:01 UTC+1, Nr18 wrote:
I have the same issue did you find a solution or explanation for this issue?

Worker Bee

Oct 31, 2012, 12:44:24 PM10/31/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
thanks, I was just getting ready to reply.
I did actually find this information and get it working!

Thank and feel free to ping me if you have any problems!

Chris Price

Oct 31, 2012, 2:51:10 PM10/31/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Great, glad you were able to work it out.  Out of curiosity, how did you install the puppetdb module?  I presume you did not use the `puppet module` tool, which installs those dependencies for you.  Would it be valuable for us to put some more explicit information about the dependencies somewhere so that others don't encounter the same issue?  Any suggestions on where we should put that info?

Thanks for the feedback!  Please let us know if you have any additional trouble!

Worker Bee

Oct 31, 2012, 2:54:35 PM10/31/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
In my case, I need to be able to install as an rpm because we use yum (for now) to ensure consistent distribution across all of our environments.

Just for testing, I also did an install via 'puppet module' and that worked pretty well...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/vjlJF8Azs-sJ.

Chris Price

Oct 31, 2012, 3:58:40 PM10/31/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see... so you downloaded the module tarball and built your own RPM?  Anything we could have done to help highlight the fact that the module had some dependencies?