Call for moderators

T.J. Crowder

May 11, 2012, 11:09:35 AM5/11/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I almost never read this group anymore. When I do, there are usually a couple of messages from new members waiting to be allowed through. (I'm a moderator of the group.)

Seems like the group could use at least a couple of more moderators. Who's up for being one? It takes virtually no time. If you already come to the list regularly, if you become a moderator you'll just see a notification if any messages are being held for moderation. A couple of clicks and you can either can the spam or allow the real messages.

So if you're interested, please just reply to this thread. Ideally, I'd like to see replies from people who've been active on the list for at least a year.

Thanks!
--
T.J. Crowder
Independent Software Engineer

Walter Lee Davis

May 11, 2012, 11:32:10 AM5/11/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I can do this, but I never read the list through the Web interface. Are there options to ping the moderators by e-mail? If it's web-only, I doubt I would be a good choice.

Walter

T.J. Crowder

May 12, 2012, 5:10:37 AM5/12/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have no idea whether you can moderate via email. But thanks anyway. :-)

Anyone else?

-- T.J.

On May 11, 2012, at 11:09 AM, T.J. Crowder wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I almost never read this group anymore. When I do, there are usually a couple of messages from new members waiting to be allowed through. (I'm a moderator of the group.)
>
> Seems like the group could use at least a couple of more moderators. Who's up for being one? It takes virtually no time. If you already come to the list regularly, if you become a moderator you'll just see a notification if any messages are being held for moderation. A couple of clicks and you can either can the spam or allow the real messages.
>
> So if you're interested, please just reply to this thread. Ideally, I'd like to see replies from people who've been active on the list for at least a year.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> T.J. Crowder
> Independent Software Engineer
> tj / crowder software / com
> www / crowder software / com

Jason

May 13, 2012, 12:27:29 AM5/13/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I would love to do this

Walter Lee Davis

May 13, 2012, 4:43:35 PM5/13/12
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
T.J.

I just looked through the GG administration guide, and it appears that an admin request will trigger an e-mail ping, so that should work for me. If you want to set me up, I will happily moderate.

Walter