java and dotnet

Lars Schouw

Jul 8, 2011, 10:54:49 AM7/8/11
to prot...@googlegroups.com

How do I construct protobuf-net messages from protostuff messages and visa versa?

I am using protostuff from dotnet and this seems to work by using ikvm to call Java from C#.

But I would like to move the java message objects back into my native net protobuffer framework,

What is the best way to do this? Setup a socket stream?

Lars

Marc Gravell

Jul 8, 2011, 11:11:36 AM7/8/11
to prot...@googlegroups.com
I haven't used protostuff/IKVM, but I would *hope* that IKVM allows some kind of passing of either a Stream or byte[]. That would allow you to serialize/deserialize to swap between models.

If you have access to *both* models at once, perhaps another possibility is AutoMapper on the .NET side.

Marc