Fwd: M:S:D communications update

James Wade

Oct 13, 2015, 6:48:57 AM10/13/15
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Webb <c_w...@craftscouncil.org.uk>
Date: 13 October 2015 at 11:48
Subject: M:S:D communications update
To: Chris Webb <c_w...@craftscouncil.org.uk>

Dear Make:Shift:Do venues,

Hope you are all well and excited in the countdown to Make:Shift:Do 2015. Many thanks for all your amendments and updates while I have been away. I’m just checking in now with a communications update, and a few next steps to make you aware of as Make:Shift:Do draws nearer.

Communications

1)     Press Release: Please find the MSD press release attached, this has been circulated to our national press contacts, but please feel free to alter the text and share with your own contacts or local organisations that you may wish you promote your event to. The Press Release highlights a few but not all venues: because of the sheer size of MSD (now over thirty venues) we are not able to list all the press release, but all are on our website and in the attached .pdf listing that will accompany it. For local press, please use the text and add information about your own event.

2)     Listings: listings are up to date on our website at www.make-shift-do.org.uk (with a few pending amendments for listings at Derby Silk Mill, Essex Fab Lab, Knowle West Media Centre and the V&A). There is now also a .pdf ‘at a glance’ listing that lists events by region. The ios app is up to date, and the Android app will be updated by midnight tonight. Please encourage people to download the app via the App Store and/or Google Play depending on what device they use: links are -  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/make-shift-do/id932861029?mt=8 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aurochdigital.makeshiftdo&hl=en

3)     Posters and postcards: Early next week we will be sending each venue posters to put up during M:S:D and some feedback postcard that we’ll ask you to get visitors to fill out. If you need them sent to an address other than your venue address, please let me know by Friday at noon.

Next steps:

Later this week I will send a final confirmation email with further information and a general agreement for each venue to confirm in terms of fulfilling MSD comms, evaluation and feedback.

If you have any questions in the meantime, I’m back and at my desk this week so do get in touch and let me know.

Many thanks,

- Chris

Chris Webb

Learning & Participation Manager

+44 (0) 20 7806 2503

Sign up to the Crafts Council eNewsletter

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

YouTube

Crafts Council, 44a Pentonville Road London N1 9BY
Phone: +44 (0)20 7806 2500
Fax: +44 (0)20 7837 6891

www.craftscouncil.org.uk
Crafts Council Registered Charity Number: 280956

MakeShiftDo_PressRelease_Oct2015.pdf
MakeShiftDo_PressRelease_Oct2015.docx

Samuel Freeman

Oct 13, 2015, 11:12:52 AM10/13/15
to potteries-hackspace
We're in the national press release : ) woop!