Logistics for the Barnraising

Stevie Lewis

Jun 21, 2017, 5:05:06 PM6/21/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hello!!

I'm so looking forward to Appalachia Barnraising this weekend! Sending along a few logistics in getting ready. Feel free to email back if you have any questions. It's likely someone else has the same question and I've just missed something :).

Day of the event:

Where:
The event will be hosted at the Media Innovation Center which is in
in the Evansdale Crossing Building on 62 Morrill Way, Morgantown, WV 26506.

The Media center on the 4th floor through the glass double doors once you get off the elevator.

When: The event will start at 9am on Saturday. It's important to be there for the morning session so we can set the schedule together! - I know, it's early.. but we'll have breakfast and coffee :). The event will go until 5:00pm and then we'll head to dinner at the university. Sunday morning we'll start at 9am again.

Parking: There is parking at Short Term Lot 1 which is $0.50/hr. To get there, head towards the Media Center. On Morrill Way you'll reach a 4 way stop (coming off Patteson Drive). At the stop, take a left, and the first left into Short Term Lot 1. Alternatively, short Term Lot 4 and 9 are both $1.25/hr and are straight ahead of the four way stop.

***In the past, Barnraisers have brought their own cup or mug for coffee/water. This helps us cut down on waste and keeps us from grabbing eachothers mugs by accident!

Overnight Barnraisers:

Packing:
The dorms will have sheets, a blanket, towel, cup, washcloth, and pillow for everyone. Plan to bring any toiletries you will need and clothing that will be comfortable for you for both inside as well as outside activities. It's a good idea to bring sneakers or comfortable walking shoes and a rain jacket.

Checking in:
For those staying Friday/Saturday night(s). Housing will be in the Oakland Hall on the WVU campus. The address is: 438 Oakland Street, Morgantown, WV 26505. There will be someone there to check you in. They know you're coming :).

The event itself will be hosted at the Media Center (see notes above), starting at 9am with breakfast. It is in walking distance of the dorm.

See you soon!!
-Stevie

Stevie Lewis

Jun 22, 2017, 1:02:36 PM6/22/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,
Sending along a map of the WVU campus. On it you'll find three highlighted buildings.

- Event Space at Evansdale Crossing  - The Hub
- Housing at Oakland Hall West
- Meals (Lunches and Saturday Dinner) ain Braxton Tower **note breakfasts are a the event space

If you're coming in Friday evening, head to Oakland Hall West.
If you're joining us Saturday morning, head to the event space in the Hub, 4th floor. Don't forget, we'll start at 9am :).

Best,
Stevie

20170622_115625.pdf

Jill Kriesky

Jun 22, 2017, 1:32:28 PM6/22/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stevie,

Is there designated parking for the event near the HUB?  (WVU parking authorities have been pretty strict in the past.  :)

Jill

Stevie Lewis

Jun 22, 2017, 1:35:18 PM6/22/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jill,
Yes! I'll copy below what they have suggested to me:

"The Media Innovation Center is located at 62 Morrill Way, Morgantown, WV 26506. After turning off Patteson Drive onto Morrill Way, you'll arrive at a four-way stop. If you continue straight, you have the option to either take the second right to turn into Short Term Lot 9 or continue into Short Term Lot 4 (both cost $1.25/hour). If you take a left at the four-way stop, you can take the first left into Short Term Lot 1 (cost is $0.50/hour). "

Best!
-Stevie

Veronica Coptis

Jun 22, 2017, 1:54:49 PM6/22/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
I would also add that parking at the collesium is free and it is just a short walk to the Evansdale campus from there. I was going to make it but have to go out of town now and would not be able to attend. Hope it all goes well.

Veronica Coptis
Executive Director
Center for Coalfield Justice

Carol Johnson

Jun 22, 2017, 2:12:35 PM6/22/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
For those who are driving and staying in Oakland Hall, do we park in the Alumni lot, ST8? Is it accessible after hours? Looks like we can't park at the Coliseum overnight.

Thanks,
Carol
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to plots-barnrais...@googlegroups.com.

Jill Kriesky

Jun 22, 2017, 2:33:06 PM6/22/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  Sorry you won't be there!  J

Stevie Lewis

Jun 22, 2017, 3:25:56 PM6/22/17
to plots-ba...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Here is what I've heard back, you can either pay .50 cent per hour at the Short Term 8 lot or you can purchase a parking pass at the front desk of Oakland for $10 to cover the whole stay.

Best!
-Stevie