How to separate segments of a VMAT field as independant static fields ?

Nicolas Boussion

Jun 24, 2015, 9:07:27 AM6/24/15
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am looking for a way to separate the segments (control points) of a VMAT or IMRT field as a set of independant static fields.

For example, if I have a single VMAT arc composed of 23 "static" control points, the objective would be to separate it as 23 static fields.

Do you know if this is possible with Pinnacle ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Nicolas B.
CHRU BREST-France.

Timothee Ruef

Jun 26, 2015, 3:43:08 AM6/26/15
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It's clearly possible. I already made a script for this purpose and i can share it with you if you want. I tested it for the Elekta MLCi machine.

The idea is to iterate over all CP, save the MU, gantry angle, coll angle, MLC positions and just apply these parameter to a new static beam.

Contact me if you want some help.

Timothee Ruef
Centre Leonard de Vinci
Douai, France

Nigel Freeman

Apr 2, 2017, 7:02:24 AM4/2/17
to pinnacle3-users
Hi Timothee,

I would be very appreciative of a copy of your script. The purpose here for extracting this information is to evaluate historical beam use factors for bunker shielding assessments.

Regards,

Nigel Freeman
Medical Physics
Canberra Hospital
Australia

Sarah Petersen

Apr 5, 2017, 3:22:42 PM4/5/17
to pinnacle3-users
Hi Timothee,

We would be interested in a copy of this script as well if you are still willing to share!

Thank you,

Sarah Gilson
Park Nicollet
St. Louis Park, MN

Timothee Ruef

May 10, 2017, 8:43:46 AM5/10/17
to pinnacle3-users
Hi Sarah,

Just send me your mail in MP and I would be more than happy to help you.

Aitang Xing

Mar 13, 2018, 10:58:14 AM3/13/18
to pinnacle3-users
Hi Timothee and all,

Could you send me the script for QA purpose?

Thanks a lot,

Aitang

Timothee Ruef

Mar 19, 2018, 9:29:13 AM3/19/18
to pinnacle3-users
Of course. I did not get any feedback from the people I sent it to. So I guess it work well. Fell free to share it.

I aimed to do the inverse script, if someone already did it, I would be interested to have it ;)
README.txt
ARC-TO-STATIC.zip

Sotirios Stathakis

Mar 14, 2020, 9:52:56 PM3/14/20
to pinnacle3-users
Hi Timothy,

The script the ARC-TO-STATIC script works to make each control point a static beam. I tried to work the ALLCPW0 but it gives errors. The error is that it is unable to create a name with more than one period. (points to line 22) do you happen to have a version that would collapse the Arcs?

Thanks

Sotiri Stathakis

Vincent C. Daoust

Mar 20, 2020, 9:53:54 AM3/20/20
to pinnacle3-users
You could also try :

TrialList .Current .BeamList .Current .CPManager .MakeStaticQATrial = "";

Then on the new trial :

TrialList .Current .BeamList .#"*" .Gantry = 0;

To collapse all beams to 0°.

胜文

Apr 3, 2020, 6:11:31 PM4/3/20
to pinnacle3-users
Hi:
    I had tried to separate segment from IMRT plan two years ago.when I meet this question,I try to change my code to suit the question,here are my codes.hope to take some benefit .
    Shengwen Hu

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pinnacle3-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pinnacle3-users/5c714452-f1e2-4a44-8a99-4c1ebe83da64%40googlegroups.com.

segloop_vmat
seg2beam_vmat.Script
beamloop_vmat