(JOB) Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead

Aimee Fahey

Sep 21, 2012, 8:03:01 PM9/21/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com

I'm managing Monsoon Software's recruitment for a Technical Lead and while we want a generalist, would love someone who happens to have Ruby !  Thanks!

Senior Software Engineer (Technical Lead)

Monsoon Commerce is committed to building awesome cloud and server based solutions for use with the largest online marketplaces in the world, including Amazon and eBay. More than 20,000 online merchants use us - and more than 90% of them have grown sales as a result! We’re rapidly growing, privately held and hiring great people who love to learn, contribute and help our customers thrive. Click HERE to learn more about our products!

Senior Software Engineers are key technical leaders within our engineering group.  Monsoon’s development team is passionate about solving complex problems and designing great applications and scalable services, and in this role, you’ll leverage your deep experience with platforms and Agile methodologies to lead the design and implementation to build and extend Monsoon’s ecommerce solutions.

As a technical lead you'll be working cross-functionally with our PM, UX, and QA teams utilizing your broad software development experience, pragmatic project management skills, and team leadership to drive the collaborative development of SaaS solutions for our ecommerce customers. In this position, you will be working on a wide range of problems and environments including rich client side web applications, RESTful web services that scale, and integrating with third party services and online marketplaces.

What We’ve Gotta Have

●                Significant JavaScript development skills, including experience with one or more modern JavaScript frameworks (i.e., jQuery Prototype, MooTools, YUI, ExtJS).

●                Experience developing SaaS applications using AJAX & RESTful web service calls

●                Strong OO background

●                Proficiency with modern JVM based languages (i.e., Java, Scala), or C#

●                Demonstrated success leading engineering projects

●                Language Agnostic

●                Excitement about working in the ecommerce solutions space!

What Would Be Cool

●                JavaScript MVC/MVVM frameworks (i.e., Angular.js, Ember.js, Knockout, Backbone, etc.)

●                Experience building “single-page” JavaScript applications

●                Knowledge of Node.js, Express & other server-side JavaScript toolkits

●                Coffeescript

●                Experience with scalable document databases (i.e. Hadoop, CouchDB, MongoDB)

How To Be Considered

To apply, please click here to submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re interested in working for Monsoon. Our recruiter will respond to you within two (2) business days.

Aimee Fahey

Oct 12, 2012, 7:16:01 PM10/12/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
This job has been filled, thanks all!

Igal Koshevoy

Oct 12, 2012, 7:25:55 PM10/12/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Amy: Thanks for posting good, on-topic job ads that explain the company, culture, role, and technologies used.

All: I'm writing this response to the mailing list because we inadvertently give waaaaay too much attention to people doing things wrong, and I just wanted to showcase a post that does it right. :)

-igal

John Wilger

Oct 12, 2012, 9:25:04 PM10/12/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
On Oct 12, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Igal Koshevoy <ig...@pragmaticraft.com> wrote:

> Amy: Thanks for posting good, on-topic job ads that explain the company, culture, role, and technologies used.
>
> All: I'm writing this response to the mailing list because we inadvertently give waaaaay too much attention to people doing things wrong, and I just wanted to showcase a post that does it right. :)

#plus8millionbillion

Thanks for putting in the time to post job ads that we won't complain about, Aimee.

--
Regards,
John Wilger

ph: 971-678-0999