Fwd: NST Election Committee 2017 Announcement

NST Admin

Nov 8, 2017, 2:11:12 PM11/8/17
to NST GOOGLE GROUP

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: BAIKUNTHA B THAPA <bbt...@hotmail.com>
Date: November 8, 2017 at 10:40:59 AM CST
To: NST Admin <ad...@ournst.org>, NST GOOGLE GROUP <our...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: NST Election Committee 2017 Announcement

Date: 11/08/2017

Dear friends, families and community members,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Nepalese Society, Texas for assigning us to conduct NST Election 2017 and constitute new executive committee 2018-2019. Let us introduce ourselves to you. Here are the names of the NST Election Committee 2017 members and the contact information:

1

Baikuntha Bikram Thapa, Chair

(817) 896-8851

bbt...@hotmail.com

2

Binod Yogi, Member

(972) 375-6536

binod...@yahoo.com

3

Mahendra Poudyal, Member

(972)971-3398

vnn...@gmail.com

4

Niraj Shrestha, Member

(817)896-6995

nir...@hotmail.com

5

Dr. Prem Adhikari, Member

(940) 594-8910

prem...@gmail.com

We, the members of NST Election Committee 2017, would like to assure you that we will do our best to conduct free and fair election.  At this time we would like to announce the details of the NST Election 2017.

NST Election 2017

Following are the positions and nomination fees for upcoming “Nepalese Society, Texas Election 2017"

Positions

Numbers

Nomination fee

1

President

1

$1000

2

Vice President

1

$800

3

General Secretary

1

$700

4

Deputy General Secretary

1

$600

5

Treasurer

1

$500

6

Deputy Treasurer

1

$400

7

Woman Coordinator

1

$300

8

Youth & Student Coordinator

1

$300

9

IT Coordinator

1

$300 (Will be Nominated by new EC)

10

NST School Coordinator

1

$300 (Will be Nominated by new EC)

11

NST Health Coordinator

1

$300 (Will be Nominated by new EC)

12

Executive Members

6

$200

Total Positions

17

Nomination submission:

Begins:   1:00 pm, Sunday, November 19, 2017

Ends:      6:00 pm, Sunday, December 17, 2017

Note:

* Nomination Form must be turned in to election committee before the deadline in person.

* Nomination Fee is non-refundable.

* Nomination filing fee must be in money orders.

* Nomination form will be available at NST Office and NST web site.

Nomination submission/withdrawal Venue:-

Nepalese Society Office

Nepalese Cultural and Spiritual Center

2016 W. Grauwyler Rd, Irving, TX, 75061

Note:  For your convenience, Election Committee members will be available every Sunday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm at NST office from November 19, 2017 till the election date (see address above)

Nominees must meet the following criteria:

  1. Must be a general member of Nepalese Society, Texas.
  2. Must meet NST membership criteria.
  3. Must be 18 years or older
  4. Must fill the nomination form published by NST Election Committee 2017.
  5. Must present the copy of ID along with  nomination fee (only money order is accepted)

Withdrawal Date:-

Candidate can officially withdraw their nomination by 6:00 pm, Monday, December 18, 2017 or before.

Final Candidates List Publish Date:

Final candidates list will be published by 6:00 pm, December 19, 2017.

Election Date and Time:

Sunday, December 23, 2017

Time:   9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Local Time)

Election Venue:

Nepalese Society Office

Inside Nepalese Cultural and Spiritual Center

2016 W. Grauwyler Rd, Irving, TX, 75061

Voters must meet the following criteria:

  1. Must be a valid general member of Nepalese Society, Texas.(see the following details how to become member of NST )
  2. Must meet NST membership criteria.
  3. Must present valid picture ID.
  4. Must be 18 years or older

How to become member of NST?

NST’s membership committee does the membership drive throughout the year excluding 1 week before announced general election date. Anyone who is interested to become general member of NST must become so by fulfilling the membership requirements. The general membership fee is $20 for two years, Student membership Fee is $10 for two years, Senior Citizen (65+) membership fee is $10 for two years and Life membership fee is $150 for lifetime. Please visit www.ournst.org to become a member.

Please note that only members of NST can participate in voting process. So anyone who is interested must become member by midnight of December 16, 2017.

For more details and to download the Nomination form please visit www.ournst.org (Will be updated shortly)

Thank you,

Baikuntha Bikram Thapa

Chair, NST Election Committee 2017

     Baikuntha B. Thapa
 bbt...@hotmail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

2017 Election Committee 1st mail.pdf