[announce] 10.0.1-1 ojdkbuild release

Alex Kashchenko

Apr 25, 2018, 10:14:22 AM4/25/18
to ojdkbuild
10.0.1-1 release page:
https://github.com/ojdkbuild/ojdkbuild/releases/tag/10.0.1-1

jdk10 is a short-term release, that is going to be discontinued in July
2018.

This release is built from
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk-updates/jdk10u/ repository using
jdk-10.0.1+10 tag with the following changes:

- icon is changed from Oracle-trademarked one to the ojdkbuild project
icon (LGPL)
- different implementation is used for Elliptic Curves Cryptography
(SunEC JSSE provider) and a set of allowed EC named curves is reduced
(see details:
https://github.com/ojdkbuild/upstream_jdk/commit/a2164f446977f46f4f198f167786f92f4c8a048c#diff-12ec859f862c5a735cb72b2e9542afe5
); this matches the way how SunEC provider is built in most Linux
distributions of OpenJDK

This release includes a full version of OpenJFX, see javafx.* modules.

Note, that version numbering in this release may be inconsistent in
different places (10.0.1-1, 10.0.1.1, 1.10.0.1 etc), this is going to be
fixed on one of the future releases.

--
-Alex

Erick W

Apr 25, 2018, 11:35:39 AM4/25/18
to ojdkbuild
Quite a bit off-topic here but.. could you please build a new update for jdk 8, version 171 (I guess) for Linux? Thanks!

Alex Kashchenko

Apr 25, 2018, 12:01:07 PM4/25/18
to Erick W, ojdkbuild
Hi,

On 04/25/2018 04:35 PM, Erick W wrote:
> Quite a bit off-topic here but.. could you please build a new update
> for jdk 8, version 171 (I guess) for Linux? Thanks!

Answered here -
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ojdkbuild/QYe8A4XTN6c/owLfOZ36DAAJ , and
also, if you'd like to build jdk8 for linux yourself, I can provide a
script (that can be automated with docker etc for the required linux
version) to build jdk8.

Generally Linux builds for jdk8+ are really easy to setup on x86_64
linux and minor changes are required (cacerts file, and optional fonts)
to make the results fully usable.
--
-Alex

Erick Will

Apr 25, 2018, 12:26:05 PM4/25/18
to Alex Kashchenko, ojdkbuild
Thanks for the kind reply. Yes, I would appreciate if you could send me the script and provide instructions to make it fully usable. Once more thanks for your work.

Alex Kashchenko

Apr 27, 2018, 12:03:21 PM4/27/18
to Erick Will, ojdkbuild
On 04/25/2018 05:25 PM, Erick Will wrote:
> Thanks for the kind reply. Yes, I would appreciate if you could send me the
> script and provide instructions to make it fully usable. Once more thanks
> for your work.

No problem!

I started making existing CentOS 6 build script "generic enough" and
ended up with this Travis CI setup -
https://github.com/ojdkbuild/contrib_jdk8u-ci

Downloads from there should work out of the box on most relatively-new
Linux distros. To adjust the build config (to do debug builds, change
branding etc) - see "env" section inside .travis.yml. Changed builds can
be done forking the repo and building on Travis (please change the
"deploy" setting in that case), or building locally using the "script"
section from there.
--
-Alex

Erick Will