[announce] 1.8.0.171-1 ojdkbuild release

Alex Kashchenko

Apr 25, 2018, 10:13:36 AM4/25/18
to ojdkbuild
1.8.0.171-1 release page:
https://github.com/ojdkbuild/ojdkbuild/releases/tag/1.8.0.171-1

jdk8 is a long term release, that is going to be updated in this project
at least until October 2020.

This release contains changes from April 2018 CPU (
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/security-advisory/cpuapr2018-3678067.html#AppendixJAVA
).

This release includes x86 MSI installer, that has the same features as
x86_64 installer, and should work on x86 versions of Windows.

Like 8u161, this release includes a full version of OpenJFX. It is
available as an "overlay" ZIP bundle and also included into MSI
installers as an optional component.

Source bundle with the contents of ojdkbuild forest is no longer
included in downloads. It can be re-created checking out the release tag
with required submodules.

--
-Alex

Erick W

Apr 25, 2018, 11:36:11 AM4/25/18
to ojdkbuild
Could you please build it for Linux too? Thanks

Alex Kashchenko

Apr 25, 2018, 11:53:16 AM4/25/18
to ojdkbuild
Sent off-list by mistake, forwarding to list.