IMPORTANT: Feedback for Thunderbird Conversations now on GetSatisfaction

Jonathan Protzenko

Jul 13, 2011, 4:15:07 AM7/13/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks for the tremendous amount of suggestions you've shared. It is now becoming difficult to handle a 200+ messages thread for support, so after talking with Roland (support person for Thunderbird), we've agreed that:

all further support requests for Conversations should happen on GetSatisfaction

Please go to http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/new?topic[style]=question&from=company&product=Thunderbird&tag=conversations. Don't forget to read:
- the FAQ, as most questions are already answered there http://wiki.github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/faq
- our list of planned improvements http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/improvements_for_thunderbird_conversations
- other support topics tagged with "conversations" http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/tags/conversations

Thanks,

jonathan

Noel Grandin

Jul 13, 2011, 4:56:56 AM7/13/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jonathan.

Don't forget to update the "leave feedback" link here:

Regards, Noel

bguillemain

Jul 13, 2011, 6:04:29 AM7/13/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The first link you suggest resolves to a topic creation form which isn't specific to conversations :
http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/new?topic
(from the opening bracket the rest of the url is dropped)

In particular I had to tag my new topic with "conversations" by hand.

Jonathan Protzenko

Jul 13, 2011, 7:25:10 AM7/13/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's why I removed my first post and sent another one.

Gurvinder Dadyala

Jul 19, 2011, 3:59:13 AM7/19/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan
             I have recently started using ur conversations addon. It would say it is awesome. There is some thing i would like to say about it. Everything is fine and it works well too. However whenever i read a conversation, at the top where it shows from whom email has come and to whom it has been seen. It does not show whose name is in cc and whose name is in To in the conversation. You only come to know about it when we click on reply or reply all. Anyways thanx for this great addon
Regards
Gurvinder

Chaitanya Konduru

Jul 20, 2011, 5:35:35 AM7/20/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I too agree with Mr.Gurvinder..it's a beautiful add-on and it would be great if it shows cc  mail list..

regards
chaitanya

Thomas Schneider

Jul 20, 2011, 11:48:07 AM7/20/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Thunderbird Conversations  - its nice, i like it

hamlin stephen

Jul 20, 2011, 11:52:11 PM7/20/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

One of the major issues i am facing in conversations view is viewing / downloading the attachments.

Sometimes it is showing the attachments at bottom, but most of the times it is not showing the attachments.
We have to open the message in new window to view / download the attachment.

Regards,

Hamlin Stephen

Jonathan Protzenko

Jul 21, 2011, 1:29:43 AM7/21/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, hamlin stephen
I'm going to issue 2.0.8 which will fix this.

> --
> Groups "mozilla-labs" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla-labs/-/1dwoUMjmisYJ.

auto

Jul 21, 2011, 2:02:38 AM7/21/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
とても見やすく,使いやすいので,気に入っています。
添付ファイルにアクセスしやすくしていただけるとうれしいです。
今は,「クラッシック表示」に切り替えて読みに行っています。

日本語ですが,読んでもらえますかね。

Monomachus '

Jul 21, 2011, 8:21:29 AM7/21/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I'd like a forward button added.

Cubetti

Jul 21, 2011, 2:51:01 PM7/21/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Conversations is a great tool. I like it. Please go ahead and add some more features, like colored conversations.
I just installed it and I like it.
I will leave more feedback soon.

Ashok Chava

Jul 22, 2011, 1:42:19 AM7/22/11
to mozilla-labs
This is best add-on I have used on thunderbird few ideas for future
releases

1) Introduce spell checker in reply text area
2) Make sure it works with the Keyword Highlight add-on
3) If possible make it reply box google like with all the text
controls
4) Make sure when user clicks on reply/reply all from dropdown no new
"write message" window comes up
5) Provide option to users to place the reply text area on top or
bottom of the mail body.

Thanks again, you make my life easy at work with this add-on.

Ashok Chava

On Jul 13, 1:15 pm, Jonathan Protzenko <jonathan.protze...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the tremendous amount of suggestions you've shared. It is now
> becoming difficult to handle a 200+ messages thread for support, so
> after talking with Roland (support person for Thunderbird), we've agreed
> that:
>
> *all further support requests for Conversations should happen on
> GetSatisfaction
>
> *Please go to
> *http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/new?topic[style]=question&from=company&product=Thunderbird&tag=conversations.
> *Don't forget to read:
> - the FAQ, as most questions are already answered therehttp://wiki.github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/faq
> - our list of planned improvementshttp://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/improvements_for_...

Andrew Schwarzkopf

Jul 24, 2011, 11:01:02 AM7/24/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Google conversations is nice.  A few comments:

1) There is something weird about the reply mechanism.  If I use Ctrl-R or Ctrl-Shift-R to open up a new reply window, it uses my custom reply headers as defined in extension SmartTemplate 4 0.6.9.  I like this.  This the way I want things to be.  However, if I click in the reply area in Conversations, it uses some default reply header "On date/time, author wrote..."

4) Make sure when user clicks on reply/reply all from dropdown no new
"write message" window comes up

His idea is good, since buttons in Conversations should make things happen specifically within conversations.  But I still request the ability to write a response in a separate window, if desired, by using other buttons/keystrokes (e.g. Ctrl-R, using the Reply button on the "mail toolbar", etc.).  Options are good.

3) I previously used F6 to cycle between the folders pane, message-list pane, and message pane.  After installing Conversations this key now seems to rarely work.  ...Why?  This has happened to other keystrokes as well.  Getting to the dropdown menus (e.g. File, Edit, etc) is inconsistent.  Sometimes I have to press and *release* Alt, then press "F" (for File) -- instead of just holding down Alt for the combined keystroke Alt-F.

4) Long subject lines get cut off at the top of the Conversation pane.  They run into the Conversations buttons.  This is likely more of a problem for me since I'm using the Vertical view (View -> Layout -> Vertical view).  Perhaps add a way of expanding the box on top of the conversation, to display the whole subject.  Like click on the ellipses "..." where the subject gets cut off.  Just like clicking on the "..." after a list of correspondents in the message, and getting an expanded list.

These are all minor issues.  Thanks for this extension!

-Andrew

Jonathan Protzenko

Jul 24, 2011, 5:20:37 PM7/24/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Schwarzkopf
Hi,

First of all, thanks for the feedback.

On 07/24/2011 05:01 PM, Andrew Schwarzkopf wrote:
Google conversations is nice.  A few comments:

1) There is something weird about the reply mechanism.  If I use Ctrl-R or Ctrl-Shift-R to open up a new reply window, it uses my custom reply headers as defined in extension SmartTemplate 4 0.6.9.  I like this.  This the way I want things to be.  However, if I click in the reply area in Conversations, it uses some default reply header "On date/time, author wrote..."

4) Make sure when user clicks on reply/reply all from dropdown no new
"write message" window comes up

His idea is good, since buttons in Conversations should make things happen specifically within conversations.  But I still request the ability to write a response in a separate window, if desired, by using other buttons/keystrokes (e.g. Ctrl-R, using the Reply button on the "mail toolbar", etc.).  Options are good.
Yeah, the plan later on is to enable the quick reply for all kinds of reply actions. Right now, there's technical reasons that prevent me from doing so, but this is definitely planned! Although I don't believe options are good, so I'll do my best to figure out something that works for everyone :-).

[...]

You can hover over the subject and the tooltiptext will show the entire subject.

These are all minor issues.  Thanks for this extension!
Thanks!

jonathan

-Andrew

Christoph Struck

Jul 26, 2011, 2:21:14 AM7/26/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Schwarzkopf
Sorry my english isn't well.
You should inform these "right-left" Buttons right of the folder-top, to change the view. Found it after a while...
But it is very good...

yeknommonkey

Jul 26, 2011, 5:12:40 AM7/26/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
conversations is really awesome, to be honest, its the only reason i didnt bail on thunderbird. thunderbird seems to be really slow changing from one message to another. i only switched to tbird due to the osx mail attachment problems, but there are tons of other features i like now - like not marking mail as read {although i found a hack to fix that on osx mail now}.

anyway, conversations is an amazing add-on, it effectively transforms tbird into a different mail client, i love it.

only gripes are....
gallery view: i'd like to be able view the images larger if they are larger than shown initially, without opening them.

reply / replay all, shouldnt open a new window.

main issue for me though:
DONT show a new mail item in the list as soon as it is sent, WAIT until someone replies to it, THEN it becomes relevant to me. i can see why some people would want this, but i'd rather stuff stays more clearly in INBOX / SENT for the main message list areas, and the conversation panel to to show me related messages to those shown in my NORMAL inbox list to the left.

great work anyway, you are all amazing for producing such fantastic software for free!! if only Microsoft could make some of their crappy apps (Word) work as well, they'd be justified in charging so much.

kendi brat

Jul 26, 2011, 5:31:57 AM7/26/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

I have just installed this add-on, unfortunately it was late for me to realize that it will take forever since I have a tons of emails, therefore I cut the process and restart my thunderbird, however after I restart it seems that now my inbox got problem as the inbox folder icon start showing the circling icon process and it wouldnt stop, and also something weird happens because it says the folder size are still like 1.3 GB whereas there were no emails shows up, could it be because of this on goin process that has not finish yet ? please help me on this, thanks in advance,

Kendi.

Stewart Marshall

Jul 27, 2011, 12:53:22 AM7/27/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Did i lose my forward button with this add on or was it just the update to thunderbird 5? Otherwise good.

Mirco Zordan

Jul 28, 2011, 9:32:27 AM7/28/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
It works very well, don't change it!

Carlos Ignacio Mantecón Nebreda

Jul 28, 2011, 4:15:37 PM7/28/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I'm using this addon in Thunderbird 5 on Mac OS X Lion. When I try to read a conversation with more than 5 emails, it takes a long time to show all the thread, sometimes I must restart thunderbird to be able to read these threads. Except this point It's an awesome addon.

Thanks in advance.

Pacotole

Jul 29, 2011, 4:24:45 AM7/29/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
This is best add-on I have used on thunderbird.

My little suggestion is to add an option for don't show de reply textarea, I prefer write my email in the editor and always press the "Reply to all" button.

Thanks

Jorge

Jul 31, 2011, 2:15:59 AM7/31/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
My favorite Thunderbird add-on. Haven't run into any major issues as of yet, however there is one thing I would like to see added (I'm running Thunderbird on OS X 10.6): more in-conversation text editing capabilities -- Bold, Italicize, Underline, hyperlink, etc. The normal key commands I'd use to activate those features are interfering with other commands from the add-on, and I'd like to simplify the process.

Flonou

Jul 31, 2011, 11:23:41 AM7/31/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Really like this extension.

The main drawback I found is that It gets slower as it has a lot of message to handle in the same conversation. Anyway it's a little slower than the thunderbird display in most of the cases

michaël durbecq

Aug 1, 2011, 3:46:32 AM8/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Great add-on!!!

Is it possible to ask the quick reply to be in html mode ?
My signature is written in html and it would be nice if it was working in the reply window.

Thanks a lot for everything

juanM

Aug 1, 2011, 7:24:33 AM8/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Would be interesting to delete the attach files. I only see open/download

The rest is very interesting, I use everyday.

BR,
Juan

Tordji

Aug 2, 2011, 7:43:13 AM8/2/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My impressions :
- very usefull extension !
- the delete conversation button is very dangerous for those, like me, that simply want to delete a message from the conversation. A special button for deleteing the one mesage and another more secured for deleting all would me usefull.

Thanks

Tordji

Aji Kurniadhi

Aug 3, 2011, 2:41:49 AM8/3/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi, at first conversation add-on was helped me a lot with collecting same subjects into one conversation. but bit chaotic came when new subject was put into old subject just because my friend reply the old subject with new subject. thunderbird add-on then compile this into one subject. now i have to collapse the subject first to search new/old subjects.

also, later time after install conversation, thunderbird take a long time to load new messages. especially the msg from thick conversation.

please fix this bug

Herb Ray

Aug 3, 2011, 11:26:49 AM8/3/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
In general, I find Conversations to be a bit sluggish.  This is in addition to the bloatedness of Mozilla of late.

Otherwise, the interface is quite nice.

Kaon

Aug 3, 2011, 1:33:31 PM8/3/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
The only problem I have with this extension right now is that expanding long conversation threads take up too much vertical space in the message list and blocks other messages underneath it from view, especially when you have a reading pane below the message list.

It would be good if you could limit the initial expansion to only show a limited number of items and allow the user to click a link or button to expand further (starting from most recent and expanding backwards).

Marco Albano

Aug 5, 2011, 3:01:34 AM8/5/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to the developers, it's a great extension

the whole cc list would be appreciated

George Mammaev

Aug 5, 2011, 5:43:52 AM8/5/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
That's a great add-on! But i've had one problem with it. When I get messages from LiveJournal with notifications about comments, for some reason text of the comment is attached to the text of my post in LJ. And the special field "Reply was:" is empty. It's no big deal, but still...

Jerry Jacobs

Aug 6, 2011, 5:02:07 PM8/6/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
This is a very neat add-on, only I would suggest a feature to show the complete contact details if the contact is in the address book. So it doesn't only show the name and email address.

Thank you for this nice add-on.

SoportePRO

Aug 8, 2011, 9:26:50 AM8/8/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Very usefull ad on. I like it.

Emerson Bottero

Aug 8, 2011, 9:38:18 AM8/8/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Nice Work. The only thing i would chance is the position of ataches... it's always in the end when i think soulhd be in the message it was sended.

marublue

Aug 9, 2011, 7:57:26 AM8/9/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, hamlin stephen
Sorry for my English.
I have the same problem with attachments, not shown. I only see those in some other mail and are visible only when using the classic display.
The version I have installed is 2.0.8.
Is there anything I can do?.

Otherwise I like the addon

Thank you.

Jonas Araujo

Aug 10, 2011, 11:03:08 PM8/10/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Eu simplesmente adorei!
agiliza bastante o trabalho.
O único empecilho pra mim é o fato de ao clicar responder, a resposta ficar embaixo do mail original. Mas nada muito grave.
Se ao clicar em responder o texto do mail fique embaixo da mensagem que vc for escrever, acredito que seria melhor.

Jonas Campos

Abraço a todos!

Juan Ca. Alvarez

Aug 11, 2011, 10:43:12 AM8/11/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Great add on, I like it a lot.
I would love that my signature appears in the conversations when I reply or forward a message.

Congratz!
WebRep
Calificación general

Herbert Tucker

Aug 12, 2011, 10:07:14 AM8/12/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I've been using Tbird and Conversations 2.0 for a couple of weeks now having switched over from Outlook 2010. You guys have done a great job with this extension. It makes Tbird much more useful to me and the whole experience is so much better than Outlook that what began as an experiment, driven by ongoing pain with Outlook's clunkiness, has become my new way of working with email and managing my personal information (contacts and calendar [thanks Lightning!]
Thanks so much for your excellent work.

morphia

Aug 14, 2011, 7:17:09 AM8/14/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed conversations while better aesthetically do slow down the process of opening emails. There are large delays when I click on an email and I have an Intel i7 processor. Still not in the same league as Apples mail app but better than Outlook for sure.

bon

Aug 14, 2011, 9:55:55 PM8/14/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I just launched thunderbird and it asked me to give input, so, here I am.

My primary concern at the moment is the amount of memory it takes up. I have multiple accounts, many rss feeds and it sits open all day. I just switched to thunderbird from some cloud services and this is a bit alarming :S

Either way, keep up the great work!

Rajinder Choudhuri

Aug 16, 2011, 7:06:18 AM8/16/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I wish I could read the newest mail first.

Current version shows the newest mail at the bottom of conversion.

Best Wishes,

The Robot

Aug 18, 2011, 3:02:56 AM8/18/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I just love the conversation mode, very nice job.

Just a few things I'd like to say:
  • the "Reply/Fwd" buttons are still at the bottom of the conversation and when you have plenty of messages, it's a pain in the ass to scroll down to see the buttons
  • when I use the "reply/reply all" shortcuts, my signature (based on html fragment) is not correctly inserted
That's all
Thx !

Adrie Kooijman

Aug 18, 2011, 7:58:20 AM8/18/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
It has been said many times, but let me repeat:
Great plugin, but please add a reply(all) button on the top of the message pane.

Brandon St.Michael

Aug 19, 2011, 1:32:34 AM8/19/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I think the thread sensitivity is GREATLY improved!  I love how it helps me keep track of my lengthy exchanges.

ONLY complaint: I lost my button control.  :(  I find the "delete conversation" button dangerous and would like to swap it out.  Maybe it would be easier to understand if the button array and design wasn't significantly different from the standard provided by Thunderbird, but overall, I'd just like to add and remove (if not arrange) the buttons as I could without your fantastic add on.

Thanks!

Andy Brooks

Aug 19, 2011, 5:12:54 AM8/19/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi, overall great experience, the one main problem I face, is sometimes when I click reply the to field is unresponsive and I have to restart at least once to activate this field.

pld

Aug 19, 2011, 1:25:50 PM8/19/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
HI,

Great addon. I'd like a add to junk button next to delete button, and i suppose it'll be nearly perfect

thanks a lot

Jonathan Protzenko

Aug 19, 2011, 1:44:50 PM8/19/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, pld
Internal limitations prevent me from enabling the junk button when
there's more than one email in the conversation. Otherwise, it should
be there.

manuel frau

Aug 19, 2011, 5:56:42 PM8/19/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
je trouve conversaitions GENIAL !!!
MERCI BEAUCOUP A TOUS LES DEVELOPPEURS !!!

pld

Aug 20, 2011, 2:15:01 AM8/20/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, pld
should it be possible to add it next to the "more" button on each email?

thanks a lot

etiess

Aug 22, 2011, 1:45:28 PM8/22/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Same point: TB is much slower to open Email. I think I'll stop using it because of that, even if the addon is great.
Message has been deleted

lostinthiswhirlpool

Aug 23, 2011, 10:06:53 AM8/23/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Very useful add-on.
Just 1 regret : The icons (buttons) should be the same as the standards in Thunderbird -> It would be more user-friendly and simple to use.

Digital Petra

Aug 23, 2011, 6:20:10 PM8/23/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Conversations is a greaaaat tool! Thanks for creating it.

The only suggestion I could mention would be to insert the signature of the account.
I use several of them... so this could be a great use for me.

But one more time: thanks for your work!

dp

Stéphane Diacquenod

Aug 24, 2011, 5:30:04 AM8/24/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Very good job, this add-on is very great.

I think the bigger evolution is not really in your plugin but in the message list of Thunderbird, I wish to have a most compact vue of this list (like in Mail on mac) to give more space to the conversation plugin. It's will be wonderful to have it !

In the plugin, I thinks it can be useful to ad a option to fusion or split a conversation, coz some time our corespondent aren't very clever in the mail usage.
It's can be a nice improvement to add the icon in the send/save/cancel button, I find it faster to use with the icone.

Thank you again for your great job !

see you.

PP_RhuM

Aug 25, 2011, 1:51:41 PM8/25/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi, just to say that it's a good plug-in but really make my thunderbird veeeery slow. I don't think I will continu to use it if no improvement are made for this.
Another thing, when there are new mails on discussions, these discussions don't display bold on mails list of thunderbird, so bad...

But for the rest it's an excellent plug-in. Hope you will soon take this in consideration.

Best regards.

Stéphane Diacquenod

Aug 25, 2011, 1:55:39 PM8/25/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
For me the plug-in have no impact on the speed. Are you sure the plug
in is involve ?

The conversation are underline when you have a new mail, it's always
like it even without the conversation plug-in.

> --
> Groups "mozilla-labs" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla-labs/-/153WZ_4uRqsJ.

Fabien

Aug 26, 2011, 3:27:42 AM8/26/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
+1 on that.

The choice or an option for HTML/plain text in the answer box should be great.
Very useful addon, it significantly improves the usability of TB.

Johnk860

Aug 27, 2011, 7:05:44 PM8/27/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
about 10 min ago, got a msg when I open tb to clik a link to give feedback about Conversations. cliked. got sent here.  not the right place evidently. Wanna know how I feel about Conversations?   It has issues and the second is too much information without the ability to cancel a thread.  The first is that the people that sent the message asking for feedback screwed up the link.  That should tell you something.
I had Conversations. I gave it a week and found my mailbox cluttered with unwanted 'conversations' that I wasn't having.  I dumped it.  Maybe later I'll try it again, but this version looks like its a MS product.

Fabrizio Piergentili

Aug 31, 2011, 7:00:20 AM8/31/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com

Kuauh

Sep 1, 2011, 1:48:44 AM9/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Excelente herramienta para visualizar más aablemente las relaciones postales. Muchas gracias

executive

Sep 1, 2011, 7:20:14 AM9/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
DITTO.

I very often have to send screen shots by pasting them into the body of emails.  the only way to do this is to open a new window by hitting reply.

problem is is i start a reply is the quick window and then find out i need a screen shot half way thru a paragraph - if i hit reply after writing in quick box i lose all my work.  the new reply window opens up blank.

either quick window allows screen shot

OR

text written in quick box carries over when hitting reply to add screen shot.

executive

Sep 1, 2011, 7:22:25 AM9/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
goto top left FILE>ATTACHMENTS>

Jonathan Protzenko

Sep 1, 2011, 11:57:02 AM9/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, executive
No. There's a button called "edit in a new window" below the quick reply
that will move whatever you've typed so far in a regular compose window.
Hopefully, the newer version should make this more intuitive.

jonathan

> --
> Groups "mozilla-labs" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla-labs/-/o9avt87k9bMJ.

Executive Printers - Alex

Sep 1, 2011, 12:03:38 PM9/1/11
to Jonathan Protzenko, mozill...@googlegroups.com
yeah but as you see it puts it below my signature and adds a second signature.  still needs some polishing.
--

Thanks,

Alex Torres
Large Format Specialist

Executive Printers of Florida
8001 NW 74th Ave | Miami, FL 33166
office: 305 887 4333 ext. 316 | cell: 786 355 7156 | fax: 305 888 7665
kkjhkjhkh

--

Thanks,

*Alex Torres*
Large Format Specialist

*Executive Printers of Florida <http://www.executiveprinters.com>*
8001 NW 74th Ave | Miami, FL 33166
office: 305 887 4333 ext. 316 | cell: 786 355 7156 | fax: 305 888 7665

Radka Telyckova

Sep 1, 2011, 6:09:21 PM9/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I wanted to add this add-ons to my Thunderbird and there is an error : not compatible with 6.0.1.? My Thunderbird is up to date, info about this add-on has been place in latest upgrade details. Can you pls assist?

Thanks.
Radka

Scott M Sanders

Sep 1, 2011, 7:02:49 PM9/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com

Try installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter.

Sep 1, 2011, 8:51:21 PM9/1/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Great program! Some details to share are:

a) I haven´t been able to attach a file or "X" using the "reply" option directly in the e-mail received (inbox), it is possible?
b) Confused with the "save and send" message option, I used it and the message "disappear" from inbox, then I realized it was archived...

Anyway, an excellent option to facilitate (simplify) the way to see any message and send it.
Thanks, keep going...

Bram

Sep 2, 2011, 8:45:01 AM9/2/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
The conversation view is great, HOWEVER:  The consolidation of all emails into one inbox is NOT.  I don't see any way to revert to the old way.  Some of us need to separate our activities in different accounts and this is debilitating.  It has broken my love affair with Thunderbird.

Also, I find some messages take forever to load / delete now, associated with my most deeply developed IMAP account.  If it were separate, I could process my other accounts better.  PLEASE offer a reversion option for this feature.

-Bram

Jonathan Protzenko

Sep 2, 2011, 12:11:28 PM9/2/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, Bram
http://wiki.github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/faq

> --
> Groups "mozilla-labs" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla-labs/-/IjKMnISYUL0J.

Bram

Sep 2, 2011, 4:56:42 PM9/2/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Jonathan, for the http://wiki.github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/faq link!  I see View / Folders / All returns me to my preferred method.

-Bram

Johan Vdk

Sep 4, 2011, 6:56:37 PM9/4/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi every one

woud like to translate thunderbird conversation in to dutch.
how and where do i start?

Kind regards, Johan

Jonathan Protzenko

Sep 5, 2011, 4:33:04 AM9/5/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Translations take place on Babelzilla <http://www.babelzilla.org>. You
can register there, login, and then come over to
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&extension=5372&type=show
where you will be able to register as the dutch translator.

Thanks!

jonathan

> --
> Groups "mozilla-labs" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla-labs/-/JCWeBGcNCfsJ.

neo_sal

Sep 5, 2011, 8:48:08 AM9/5/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hey thanks so much for such constant and tremendous support, one of the best add-ons I have ever come across, you re-assert and demonstrate the need and benefits for a open web...

Oskar Villani

Sep 8, 2011, 5:20:18 AM9/8/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

I'm using Conversations for several weeks now. In the beginning it seemed to be difficult to handle, but now it is profing more and more useful. The best facet to me is that one has inbox and outbox in a single view, so no need to search for "what was my answer" or "what was your last point".

Anyhow there are some ideas for usability:
1. an option to delete an attachment would be fine
2. an option to view a (single) message in the old way too
3. sometimes new messages are not shown immediately
4. I'm using the TB option to show only the headers first and to download the complete message later. Sometimes this is not working quite well with Conversations - may be because of Conversations, may be because of TB (Version 6.0.1)

But these are all minor issues,  thanks for this usefull extension!
OV

Jonathan Protzenko

Sep 8, 2011, 8:09:12 AM9/8/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, Oskar Villani
Hi,

On Thursday, September 08, 2011 11:20:18 AM, Oskar Villani wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
> I'm using Conversations for several weeks now. In the beginning it
> seemed to be difficult to handle, but now it is profing more and more
> useful. The best facet to me is that one has inbox and outbox in a
> single view, so no need to search for "what was my answer" or "what
> was your last point".
> Anyhow there are some ideas for usability:
> 1. an option to delete an attachment would be fine
> 2. an option to view a (single) message in the old way too

Hit the "more" menu in the top right corner, and select "view using the
classic reader".

jonathan

Apurba Paul

Sep 9, 2011, 1:47:19 AM9/9/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, Oskar Villani
When the conversation are collapsed then for replying shortcut key (ctrl+r) is not working. It was working before but after new update of the addon it has stopped working.

Regards
APaul

Juan Lopez

Sep 9, 2011, 5:05:39 AM9/9/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I like it and use it. My only important feature request would be to allow to search text in the messages. The menu option and ctrl-f don't work. Other than that, great tool.

Stefano Giostra

Sep 12, 2011, 4:31:05 AM9/12/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Very nice

Valentin Perrin

Sep 15, 2011, 1:44:02 AM9/15/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour,

Merci pour votre extension qui est vraiment très bien.

juste deux petits feedback :

- Est il possible de rendre optionnelle l'affichage du bouton "envoyer et archiver"?
- Parfois certaines pièces jointes ne s'affiche pas.

Encore Merci

Dennis Miliopoulos

Sep 15, 2011, 9:07:03 AM9/15/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Great add-on, really maximizes the capabilities of thunderbird. The only problem is that in the universal inbox some of the messages from my second account get mixed up with replies on my other account.

VVMMGG

Sep 16, 2011, 5:59:03 AM9/16/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Хорошее приложение. Спасибо вам, парни, что стараетесь для общего блага.

zladuric

Sep 23, 2011, 6:38:26 AM9/23/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I am going to make this a short one:
I like conversations 2.0. The only thing I have had difficulties with is the attachment - can't seem to find them and I often resort to "view in classic mode" for a certain message. So at least to me this is not as intuitive as it may be.

zladuric

Sep 23, 2011, 6:38:59 AM9/23/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
And forgot to say that this is the - thing. The other 9999999 things I have to say is + :)

Just Ferfun

Sep 24, 2011, 12:42:56 PM9/24/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan,

Thanks for the great work!  This is a huge addition to Thunderbird and I love it.  One request:

-Would be great to be able to move an entire conversation to a folder.  You have an option to archive a conversation, but what I really need is to MOVE to a folder.  This is something Thunderbird itself does awkwardly, and to be able to do it from your Conversations view would be GREAT!

Thanks!
(apologies if I've just posted twice)

Vincent Keating

Sep 25, 2011, 6:14:13 AM9/25/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
It's a pretty useful extension overall, but there are a couple of problems with it:

1) CPU intensive - if you're not on a pretty zippy computer, there's noticeable lag when doing just about anything.
2) Breaks the find within a message function (I think) - the only way that I can search within a message that I've figured out is to copy and paste to Word.  Ctrl-F and / no longer work.

Other than that it's super useful.

UnderColoneL

Sep 30, 2011, 1:19:21 AM9/30/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Работа с "адресной книгой" осуществляется плохо. Трудно настроить сортировщик писем. А так для статуса "бесплатной" программа хорошая! Спасибо автору, и всех благ!!!

PJ

Sep 30, 2011, 7:56:10 AM9/30/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
OK been using this extension for a few weeks now.  Generally speaking its useful.  However, I am having problem locating the REPLY TO ALL function.  Is there one in this extension?  if so where.  If not then any particular reason why this was left out?

Jonathan Protzenko

Sep 30, 2011, 7:57:21 AM9/30/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, PJ
The reply all text area features a small pop out arrow in the corner,
you should use it to get to the usualy reply all thing. Otherwise,
there's a link near the bottom of the email.

> --
> Groups "mozilla-labs" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla-labs/-/dHl071DxMUIJ.

Paul Mallas

Sep 30, 2011, 1:07:42 PM9/30/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Great plugin - I really like it.

A few issues - when I reply to a message, it forces my reply at the bottom of the email.  I know some people like that since it is a more natural conversation "flow", but I don't like.  Besides, I can follow the conversation with your plugin. :)

It does not load messages if you have TweeQuilla (http://mesquilla.com/extensions/tweequilla).  Perhaps make it possible turn on or off your plugin on an account by account basis.  Keep up the good work.

Jonathan Protzenko

Sep 30, 2011, 1:37:05 PM9/30/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com, Paul Mallas
Hi,

See https://github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/wiki/faq question
"i want the reply to be above/below quoted text". As to the tweequilla
issue, thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers,

jonathan

> --
> Groups "mozilla-labs" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla-labs/-/PZxBJJug_nwJ.

Andreas Grambow

Oct 2, 2011, 3:51:55 PM10/2/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hallo,

vielen dank für diese Super erweiterung. Eine Kleinigkeit habe ich trotzdem noch. Wenn eine neue Nachricht eingeht steht aktuel die Anzahl der neuen/ungelesenen  Nachrichten davor. Schpön wäre es, wenn die Ursprungsnachricht (die Nr. 1 im Gesprächsbaum) dann als Fett markiert wird. Mir sin so schon ein paar Mails erst später wieder aufgefallen.

Gruß
Andreas

matt magi

Oct 2, 2011, 4:52:48 PM10/2/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Best Addon Ever! 10/10

BBsong

Oct 2, 2011, 5:14:21 PM10/2/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Love this program.

Paul Richards

Oct 6, 2011, 4:38:46 AM10/6/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
I'm loving the new view, it really helps me keep my conversations in one place. great work!

Timothy Brownell

Oct 6, 2011, 8:38:18 AM10/6/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Conversations works well for me. I have been using gmail accounts primarily because of conversations views but now I can use Thunderbird to handle alll my email accounts in one place and still use conversations view. thanks you.

Lucas

Oct 6, 2011, 9:08:19 PM10/6/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Love the addon! A must have for Gmail users.
It works great in Ubuntu, but is very very slow in Windows 7. My specs are not the issue.

Cristina Serravalle

Oct 7, 2011, 3:21:56 AM10/7/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Great plugin! :)

Exo

Oct 7, 2011, 9:40:23 AM10/7/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Al princio muy liosa y la desinstalé, luego me di cuenta que ver tus respuestas junto a  los recividos estaba muy bien, así que lo tengo instalado de nuevo y ya me he acostumbrado. A ver si le ponen mas opciones para adaptara mas al lo mas practico para cada uno.
Esta muy bien.
Gracias.

Onassis Cayetano

Oct 7, 2011, 12:32:00 PM10/7/11
to mozill...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I just started using Conversations last week.  It's working fine.  I have a feature request.  I sort my email in descending received date order.  The conversations thread sorts the email in ascending date order and it grows downwards.  Would it be possible for it to also sort in descending date order and grow upwards?
It is loading more messages.