Name a single iOS app functionality that you can get for a buck, that isn't already on Android, for free

Arlen Holder

Oct 5, 2018, 10:20:09 PM10/5/18
The Apple Apologist wrote, just now, the following:
> that would explain why you can't afford 99 cent apps.

I write back:
*Let's test your guess nospam, shall we?*

Name a _single_ iOS app functionality, that you claim is a buck, that works
on iOS (all by its itty bitty self), that I can't get, for free, on
Android, for example, all by its itty bitty self.

Name just one.

I'll start by naming an extremely useful app that works on Android, all by
its itty bitty self (i.e., no computer with iTunes bloatware installed just
to make it work), that is free, that you can't get on iOS, at any price.
- NewPipe

Now it's your turn nospam.
Let's see if you can back up your own argument, shall we?

Name a useful app functionality that works on iOS (all by its itty bitty
self) that you can get for a buck, that I can't get on Android, for free.

*Name just one.*

nospam

Oct 5, 2018, 10:30:59 PM10/5/18
In article <pp964o$gu2$4...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen Holder
<a%rlenh...@no.spam.net> wrote:

> I'll start by naming an extremely useful app that works on Android, all by
> its itty bitty self (i.e., no computer with iTunes bloatware installed just
> to make it work), that is free, that you can't get on iOS, at any price.
> - NewPipe

as you've been told countless times, its 'functionality' is nothing
special and available on ios and other platforms.

it's also open source, and anyone so motivated could port the exact app
to any platform they want.

Arlen Holder

Oct 5, 2018, 10:48:40 PM10/5/18
On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 22:30:58 -0400, nospam wrote:

> as you've been told countless times, its 'functionality' is nothing
> special and available on ios and other platforms.
>
> it's also open source, and anyone so motivated could port the exact app
> to any platform they want.

The difference between you and me, nospam, is that you're a child.
I'm an adult.

You play that silly game, nospam, and yet, you can _never_ name the app.
Yet again, you fantasize about functionality that even you can't produce.

Here is the link to the app functionality I spoke about:
https://newpipe.schabi.org/

Where's your link nospam?

--
HINT: We're going to be waiting a long time for your link to the app
functionality since you're a child nospam. You just guess. And you always

Erilar

Oct 6, 2018, 9:56:31 AM10/6/18
I have lots of totally free apps on my iPad. So?

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad

Arlen Holder

Oct 6, 2018, 12:42:12 PM10/6/18
On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 08:56:30 -0500, Erilar wrote:

> I have lots of totally free apps on my iPad. So?

*The Apple Apologists can't cite even 1 app to back up their claims.*

Free is completely off topic since it was nospam who implied that, for a
buck, you could get useful functionality on iOS, not me.

You have to realize the Apple Apologists are like fifth grade children.
They make comments that even they can't ever back up.

They just make them, assuming the audience is as stupid as they are.
Apple Apologists like nospam have no defense against facts.

I simply ask the Apple Apologists to provide a single example of what they
claim.

*The Apple Apologists can't cite even 1 app to back up their claims.*

*Hemidactylus*

Oct 6, 2018, 2:58:54 PM10/6/18
Testing functionality.

*Hemidactylus*

Oct 6, 2018, 3:00:06 PM10/6/18
He scores. Action pending.

Arlen Holder

Oct 6, 2018, 3:17:39 PM10/6/18
On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 14:00:00 -0500, *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>> Testing functionality.
>>
> He scores. Action pending.

Since you're one of the dozen Apple Apologists, Hemidactylus, we won't be
spending much time vetting anything you write (since you almost always
write imaginary childish drivel which simply wastes everyone's time).

Hence, in this case, either you're playing childish games, or you mention
an app with an actual link so that we can see if that app does something
useful that isn't already on Android.

Searching for an app named "testing functionality" on the App Store...
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=app+store+%22testing+functionality%22&t=ffab&ia=web
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=itunes+app+store+%22testing+functionality%22&t=ffab&ia=web
etc.

Since you Apple Apologists are like children, always playing silly games,
I'll wait for you to provide a link to the app functionality you seem to be
suggesting which, you intimate, is an app functionality for a buck or less
on iOS that isn't on Android already, for free.

*Hemidactylus*

Oct 6, 2018, 3:31:18 PM10/6/18
Arlen Holder <a%rlenh...@no.spam.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 14:00:00 -0500, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>
>>> Testing functionality.
>>>
>> He scores. Action pending.
>
> Since you're one of the dozen Apple Apologists, Hemidactylus, we won't be
> spending much time vetting anything you write (since you almost always
> write imaginary childish drivel which simply wastes everyone's time).
>
> Hence, in this case, either you're playing childish games, or you mention
> an app with an actual link so that we can see if that app does something
> useful that isn't already on Android.

Actually I am in the process of implementing something very useful on an
app that is available on iOS. The fact it works will be supported by me not
replying to you anymore or eventually seeing any followups to you on either
iOS newsgroup. The latter measure is quite drastic, but you are a boor.

So here it goes... Welcome to my killfile. You’ll have plenty of company.
Plonk.

Functionality is a beautiful thing. Babble on twit. I won’t hear you.

Arlen Holder

Oct 7, 2018, 4:29:45 AM10/7/18
On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 14:31:12 -0500, *Hemidactylus* wrote:

> Actually I am in the process of implementing something very useful on an
> app that is available on iOS. The fact it works will be supported by me not
> replying to you anymore or eventually seeing any followups to you on either
> iOS newsgroup. The latter measure is quite drastic, but you are a boor.
>
> So here it goes... Welcome to my killfile. You▍l have plenty of company.
> Plonk.
>
> Functionality is a beautiful thing. Babble on twit. I won┤ hear you.

Sure, Hemidactylus, we've heard about iOS *imaginary functionality* before.

What's interesting is how predictabbly childish _all_ the Apologists act.
*They hate facts (facts can't fit in their imaginary belief system)*

How they handle facts is also very interesting and predictably childish:
*They brazenly fabricate wholly non-existing imaginary iOS funcitonality*

And, as Hemidactylus just did, to prevent having to deal with facts:
*They sticks their heads in the sand - not ever wanting to hear facts!*

Hemidactylus exhibits these traits common to _all_ the Apple Apologists.

REFERENCES:
Why do the Apple Apologists habitually fabricate imaginary content?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/eRTC23FyVDY/fDk0k8KAAwAJ>

Common well-verified psychological traits of the Apple Apologists
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/18ARDsEOPzM/veU8FwAjBQAJ>

Arlen Holder

Oct 8, 2018, 10:59:12 PM10/8/18
On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 02:20:09 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

> Name a useful app functionality that works on iOS (all by its itty bitty
> self) that you can get for a buck, that I can't get on Android, for free.
>
> *Name just one.*

Hehhehheh...

*Yet another of umpteen times nospam can't back up any assertion he makes.*

HINT: We're still _waiting_ for that URL to the app functionality, nospam.

Arlen Holder

Oct 10, 2018, 8:12:32 PM10/10/18
On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 02:59:12 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

> HINT: We're still _waiting_ for that URL to the app functionality, nospam.

Hehhehheh ...

Yet again, the Apple Apologists' weakness ... are facts.

Arlen Holder

Jan 8, 2020, 10:40:47 PM1/8/20
UPDATE:

Here is a _great_ example of the price difference between Android and iOS
utilities, where this is brand new functionality on both platforms, such
that there is only a _single_ app on each platform (AFAIK) that does the
job.

Regarding this offline transcription of speech to text functionality:
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.recorder>

For those who own multiple iOS devices, as I do, the good news is that
Apple recently added a new public API in iOS 13.2 (apparently), which
developers recently took advantage of, which allows for similar
functionality (slightly reduced) for offline recording transcription:
o New Dictation app brings advanced offline transcription capabilities to iPhone and iPad
<https://9to5mac.com/2019/11/07/new-dictation-app-brings-advanced-offline-transcription-capabilities-to-iphone-and-ipad/>

As with Android, there is only _one_ known app to date that has this
functionality.
o <https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dictation-by-blueshift/id1474180179>
o <https://www.dictationbyblueshift.com/>

That app is also available for the Mac, which is kind of nice.
o For Windows, you could likely run Google Recorder under a freeware
Android emulator, I suspect (but I haven't tried it yet).
o Running Bluestacks4 Android 7.1.1 emulation freeware on Windows
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/JBRjZ39w4Ok/6Vzu7rtIAQAJ>

Unfortunately...
*As is so often the case with Apple, what's free on Android is $7 on iOS.*

o Name a single iOS app functionality that you can get for a buck, that isn't already on Android, for free
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/aUyeuaPI9pc/r9gtLFjXAwAJ>
--
Bringing truth & adult logic to the Apple newsgroups one fact at a time.

nospam

Jan 9, 2020, 7:19:57 PM1/9/20
In article <h7pt82...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> What dipshit "Arlen" doesn't realize is that Macs have also had offline
> dictation for ages - since macOS 10.9 Mavericks (we're at macOS 10.15
> Catalina now, ffor anyone keeping track):
>
> <http://osxdaily.com/2013/11/02/improve-dictation-offline-mac-os-x/>

where 'ages' is roughly 25 years.

system 7 had voice commands ("finder, close window") and third party
apps could do speech to text dictation back in the mid-90s sometime.

back then, the internet was *far* too slow to upload voice samples to
the cloud and not everyone had access, so it *had* to be done locally
or not at all.

it worked quite well for its time.

Arlen Holder

Jan 9, 2020, 11:33:13 PM1/9/20
On 10 Jan 2020 00:02:10 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> On 2020-01-09, Arlen Holder <arlen.geo...@is.invalid> wrote:
>> UPDATE:
>>
>> Here is a _great_ example of the price difference between Android and
>> iOS utilities, where this is brand new functionality on both
>> platforms, such that there is only a _single_ app on each platform
>> (AFAIK) that does the job.
>
> Wrong, as usual.
>
>> Regarding this offline transcription of speech to text functionality:
>>
>> For those who own multiple iOS devices, as I do, the good news is that
>> Apple recently added a new public API in iOS 13.2 (apparently), which
>> developers recently took advantage of, which allows for similar
>> functionality (slightly reduced) for offline recording transcription:
>> o New Dictation app brings advanced offline transcription capabilities
>> to iPhone and iPad
>
> What dipshit "Arlen" doesn't realize is that new API is for
> *third-party* *apps*, and iOS has had built-in offline dictation since
> iOS *9*, as anyone who knows anything at all about iOS knows from direct
> first-hand experience:
>
> <https://jmp.sh/hssd7Bf>
>
>> As with Android, there is only _one_ known app to date that has this
>> functionality.
>
> Pity. It's been available on iOS with no app required since iOS 9.
> Better late than never, though! : D
>
>> That app is also available for the Mac, which is kind of nice.
>
> What dipshit "Arlen" doesn't realize is that Macs have also had offline
> dictation for ages - since macOS 10.9 Mavericks (we're at macOS 10.15
> Catalina now, ffor anyone keeping track):
>
> <http://osxdaily.com/2013/11/02/improve-dictation-offline-mac-os-x/>
>
>> o Name a single iOS app functionality that you can get for a buck,
>> that isn't already on Android, for free
>
> LOL! The "Great Arlen Holder", everyone! : D

Clearly Jolly Roger tried to bullshit us; but that's not the point of this post.
o *This post is made to explain the underlying nature of Apple Apologists*.

I _love_ when Jolly Roger posts because he's the canonical Apple apologist!
o All I need to do is point to EXACTLY what Jolly Roger posts, for proof!

*There's good reason apologists gravitate to marketing of imaginary functionality.*
o *Jolly Roger exemplifies apologists' immunity to facts quite well in his post*

Like most Apple apologists...
a. He always proves to be utterly _immune_ to facts.
b. When confronted with facts he doesn't like, he brazenly denies them;
c. When confronted with his brazen denials, he turns into instant child;
d. That child is filled to the brim with fifth-grade vitriolic hatred.

Yet again, in the post I'm responding to, the canonical Apologist Jolly
Roger tried to bullshit the adults, where proof of his bullshit is here:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/ZfT4EkYIidE/-ZLkBO7VDgAJ>

Specifically these two screenshots I just took from my own iOS 11.2.6 iPad:
<https://i.postimg.cc/pXrh2gyP/dictation01.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sxzn9CW5/dictation02.jpg>

Notice that the capability comes & goes, where, as far as is explained on
the net, the functionality is unsupported (it even apparently came and went
within iOS 9 alone, and then came back in iOS 10, based on the reports):
o Apple has quietly re-enabled offline dictation in iOS 10
<https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/55h9z8/apple_has_quietly_reenabled_offline_dictation_in/>
"With no announcement, iOS 9 started giving the option of allowing
dictation with no internet connection. (Not Siri, just speech-> text). Then
later iOS 9 releases disabled the feature. It's now back on in iOS 10.
<http://i.imgur.com/7mWmVbH.png>
previously : YSK: Offline dictation was never officially supported,
and has been removed
<https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/4syw10/ysk_offline_dictation_was_never_officially/>
"

I only tested on one of my iPads (iOS 11.2.6), where the instant I see any
screenshot from the apologists devoid of cites from whence it came, that's
a dead ringer which indicates they're in their Apple Apologists' bullshit
mode.

Given Jolly Roger is the canonical Apple Apologist, those of us who are
wise should take this post from Jolly Roger as a perfect example of what an
Apple Apologist truly is.

--
There's good _reason_ apologists gravitate to imaginary functionality.
o Jolly Roger exemplifies that immunity to facts quite well in his post

nospam

Jan 9, 2020, 11:58:30 PM1/9/20
In article <qv8uq9$suq$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen Holder
<arlen.geo...@is.invalid> wrote:

> Clearly I tried to bullshit everyone; which is the point of these
> posts.

ftfy

Arlen Holder

Jan 10, 2020, 11:40:03 AM1/10/20
Apologists only have 7 responses to fact they don't like
o None of them adult.
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/0em2ljU_IpQ/nVx1uettCAAJ>

Ignoring that apologists turn into instant children whenever confronted
with the fact that iOS is primitive compared to Android in functionality,
_adults_ will note that even Alan Baker was correct when he admonished
Jolly Roger the unsupported/supported on-off-on-off offline dictation of
Apple iOS keyboards does _not_ save the audio and transcribe it (AFAICT).

I repeat:
o Not only is Jolly Roger's claim bullshit, but it doesn't even work.

It's nothing more than a microphone like we have on all our keyboards that
does _not_ save the audio file that is being transcribed (AFAICT).

Actually, that's not totally true since _adults_ will notice that Apple has
full access to what you wrote, and Apple clearly says they do in my iOS
11.2.6 iPad GUI:
"Enable Dictation?
Dictation sends information like your voice input, contacts,
and location to Apple to process your requests."
<https://i.postimg.cc/pXrh2gyP/dictation01.jpg>

In summary, yet again, the Apple apologists tried to bullshit us.
Why?

I don't know why.
o I think it's a combination that apologists literally hate facts, and,
o I think they're not used to dealing with adults who comprehend facts.
--
I suspect apologists' belief systems gravitate to imaginary marketing
messaging because their brains are _immune_ to facts in the first place.

Arlen Holder

Feb 3, 2020, 1:55:48 PM2/3/20
UPDATE:

FACTS:
o How Much Money Can You Earn from a Mobile App in 2019?
<https://www.coruscatesolution.com/how-much-money-can-you-earn-through-mobile-app/>

It's not just the fact that iOS customers pay more for the _same_ app
functionality.

And, it's not just the fact iOS users don't have access to the same app
functionality as Android users do (Android has far more app functionality).

Nor that iOS users, on average, pay more for the phone hardware itself.

According to that factual source from November 2019, iOS customers _also_
pay more for in-app purchases than do Android users.

Fancy that:
o *iOS users pay more (for the same, or less, functionality).*

See also:
o Global App Revenue Reached $19.5 Billion Last Quarter, Up 17% Year-Over-Year
<https://sensortower.com/blog/app-revenue-and-downloads-q1-2019>
"Apple's App Store accounted for approximately 64 percent
of revenue generated by the two stores [Google & Apple]"

"Looking at mobile games... Apple's App Store represented... 59 percent
[of revenue generated by the two stores, Google & Apple]"

It's pretty clear: Even with vastly less market share...
o Apple customers simply pay more... (lots more, in fact).

--
In almost every fact possible, iOS users are nothing like Android users.