IOS 13.2.3 is out

houn...@yahoo.co.uk

Nov 18, 2019, 2:51:47 PM11/18/19
See subject line.

Arlen Holder

Nov 18, 2019, 4:34:37 PM11/18/19
On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 19:51:46 +0000, houn...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> See subject line.

Apple fixes more weird bugs with new iOS 13.2.3 update
<https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/20970953/apple-ios-13-2-3-update-download-mail-background-content-fixes-security-patch>

" The latest update includes a fix for the Spotlight system search feature
that had been failing for some users recently. Search should now work
consistently at the system level and in the Mail, Files, and Notes apps.

If you use an app that downloads content in the background and you▔e
noticed weird issues in iOS 13.2.2 or before, Apple is now addressing this
in the new update. Mail is also getting updated to fix problems fetching
new messages or quoting messages from Exchange accounts. The only other fix
that┬ listed on Apple┬ release notes for iOS 13.2.3 is concerning an
issue where photos, links, and other attachments haven┤ been displaying
properly in the iMessage details view.

Apple continues to patch up its buggy iOS 13 release, and hopefully we┴e
closer to a more stable OS now."

Apple Just Released iOS 13.2.3, Includes Fixes for Mail, Messages, Search &
Other Bugs
<https://ios.gadgethacks.com/news/apple-just-released-ios-13-2-3-includes-fixes-for-mail-messages-search-other-bugs-0213304/>

iOS 13.2.3 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This
update:

Fixes an issue where system search and search within Mail, Files, and Notes
might not work
Addresses an issue where photos, links, and other attachments might not
display in the Messages details view
Fixes an issue that could prevent apps from downloading content in the
background
Resolves issues that may prevent Mail from fetching new messages, and fail
to include and quote original message content in Exchange accounts
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please
visit this website:
support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

<https://www.macobserver.com/news/apple-releases-ios-13-3-2/>

Chris

Nov 19, 2019, 7:05:32 AM11/19/19
On 18/11/2019 19:51, houn...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>  See subject line.

Following the update I couldn't get any mobile service - despite having
it beforehand. Airplane mode didn't fix it, but a reboot did.

sms

Nov 19, 2019, 9:18:39 AM11/19/19
On 11/18/2019 11:51 AM, houn...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>  See subject line.

I installed it on my iPhone yesterday. Is 13.2.4 out yet?

badgolferman

Nov 19, 2019, 9:57:00 AM11/19/19
I'm still at 12.4.1. What *functional* advantage is there that I may
be interested in? Dark Mode is not of any use. Find My Phone was also
broken in version 13.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 10:06:32 AM11/19/19
In article <xn0m1lw6...@reader.albasani.net>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still at 12.4.1. What *functional* advantage is there that I may
> be interested in?

only you can answer that.

> Dark Mode is not of any use.

that's just one out of many, many new features.

> Find My Phone was also
> broken in version 13.

no.

badgolferman

Nov 19, 2019, 10:27:32 AM11/19/19
nospam wrote:

>> Find My Phone was also
>> broken in version 13.
>
>no.

Yes, it is completely different than the way it used to work and
functionally unusable. Now you need an invitation to find a phone,
even your own. Sure, you can use a web browser to find someone but it
also sends them a notice telling them you have found them. This
doesn't work very well if I want to track my kid without his knowledge
or even find my phone if it's been stolen.

sms

Nov 19, 2019, 10:49:34 AM11/19/19
I should not have upgraded. But once I upgraded to 13.x there was no
going back and now I'm hopeful that the bug fixes will improve things.

sms

Nov 19, 2019, 10:53:46 AM11/19/19
On 11/19/2019 7:27 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> Yes, it is completely different than the way it used to work and
> functionally unusable. Now you need an invitation to find a phone,
> even your own. Sure, you can use a web browser to find someone but it
> also sends them a notice telling them you have found them. This
> doesn't work very well if I want to track my kid without his knowledge
> or even find my phone if it's been stolen.

Does your kid not know how to turn off tracking?!

badgolferman

Nov 19, 2019, 11:51:46 AM11/19/19
Jolly Roger wrote:

>> Sure, you can use a web browser to find someone
>
>No need when you can use the Find My app to find someone.

How do you do this without an invitation from the other person?

Chris

Nov 19, 2019, 1:08:17 PM11/19/19
The only new feature I use is the swipe to type keyboard. Dark mode is
quite nice.

Chris

Nov 19, 2019, 1:08:18 PM11/19/19
With family members it's automatic, just as it was before.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 1:29:21 PM11/19/19
In article <qr12ud$9p9$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> I should not have upgraded. But once I upgraded to 13.x there was no
> going back and now I'm hopeful that the bug fixes will improve things.

there is a way to go back for about a week or two.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 1:29:22 PM11/19/19
In article <xn0m1lx0...@reader.albasani.net>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Find My Phone was also
> >> broken in version 13.
> >
> >no.
>
> Yes, it is completely different than the way it used to work and
> functionally unusable.

it's basically the same, other than combining several separate apps
into one app, which makes it easier.

> Now you need an invitation to find a phone,
> even your own.

nope.

> Sure, you can use a web browser to find someone but it
> also sends them a notice telling them you have found them.

optional.

> This
> doesn't work very well if I want to track my kid without his knowledge

tracking people without their knowledge is not good.

> or even find my phone if it's been stolen.

false.

Rod Speed

Nov 19, 2019, 4:12:39 PM11/19/19
Siri has gone a bit deaf for me with 13 and there
was a change made for one of the latest iphones.

And by that I mean detection of the original 'hey siri'
not the interpretation of the actual command to siri.

It isnt the mics in the iphone, still the same as ever with voice calls.

houn...@yahoo.co.uk

Nov 19, 2019, 4:20:13 PM11/19/19
I find that the battery under iOS 13 has noticeably worsened.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 4:29:57 PM11/19/19
In article <qr1maa$m81$2...@gioia.aioe.org>, <"houn...@yahoo.co.uk">
wrote:

> I find that the battery under iOS 13 has noticeably worsened.

every update causes content to be reindexed, caches updated, etc., and
there are always complaints that battery life sucks.

give it a few days to return to normal.

sms

Nov 19, 2019, 4:39:31 PM11/19/19
13.1.1 was supposed to address the battery issues that were in present
in 13 and 13.1. See <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210393#1311>

Rod Speed

Nov 19, 2019, 4:57:25 PM11/19/19

<houn...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:qr1maa$m81$2...@gioia.aioe.org...
Hasn’t for me on a 6S

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 5:13:18 PM11/19/19
In article <h3j6q2...@mid.individual.net>, Rod Speed
<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I find that the battery under iOS 13 has noticeably worsened.
>
> Hasnšt for me on a 6S

nor me on several devices.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 7:14:16 PM11/19/19
In article <h3jda2...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> >> I find that the battery under iOS 13 has noticeably worsened.
> >
> > every update causes content to be reindexed, caches updated, etc., and
> > there are always complaints that battery life sucks.
> >
> > give it a few days to return to normal.
>
> Yep. The majority of complaints online I see about some update
> supposedly killing battery life fall into this category.

it happens every year.

houn...@yahoo.co.uk

Nov 19, 2019, 7:40:01 PM11/19/19
Got it.

Many thanks.

Ant

Nov 19, 2019, 8:49:01 PM11/19/19
Are v13.3, v14, etc. public stable versions out yet? [grin]
--
"I discovered that if one looks a little closer at this beautiful world, there are always red ants underneath." --David Lynch
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org /

badgolferman

Nov 19, 2019, 8:52:08 PM11/19/19
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Frequently. I'm not sure what gave you the idea anything has changed,
> but whoever told you that lied to you.

I said how, not when.

iOS 13 has Find Friends. The Find Phone app is gone. Find Friends required
an invitation or AirDrop from someone else. HOW do YOU do it?

badgolferman

Nov 19, 2019, 8:52:09 PM11/19/19
You left out “not needed”.

Everything you said was totally unhelpful.

badgolferman

Nov 19, 2019, 8:55:03 PM11/19/19
Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>> On 11/18/2019 11:51 AM, houn...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>>>  See subject line.
>
>> I installed it on my iPhone yesterday. Is 13.2.4 out yet?
>
> Are v13.3, v14, etc. public stable versions out yet? [grin]

They’re ALL stable versions of you ask people here. It’s only broken if it
affects them, no one else. Or they didn’t need that feature anymore.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 9:04:01 PM11/19/19
In article <Gv-dnUr0cckaBknA...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> Are v13.3, v14, etc. public stable versions out yet? [grin]

13.2.* is stable.

14 won't be out until next september, with developer betas in june.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 9:04:02 PM11/19/19
In article <qr2686$up2$2...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman

> >> Yes, it is completely different than the way it used to work and
> >> functionally unusable.
> >
> > it's basically the same, other than combining several separate apps
> > into one app, which makes it easier.
> >
> >> Now you need an invitation to find a phone,
> >> even your own.
> >
> > nope.
> >
> >> Sure, you can use a web browser to find someone but it
> >> also sends them a notice telling them you have found them.
> >
> > optional.
> >
> >> This
> >> doesn't work very well if I want to track my kid without his knowledge
> >
> > tracking people without their knowledge is not good.
> >
> >> or even find my phone if it's been stolen.
> >
> > false.
> >

> You left out łnot needed˛.

nothing was left out since find my *is* needed and very useful, soon to
be *extremely* useful.

the worst thing about it is that it has an incredibly stupid name.

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 9:04:03 PM11/19/19
In article <qr26dj$vd1$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are v13.3, v14, etc. public stable versions out yet? [grin]
>
> Theyıre ALL stable versions of you ask people here. Itıs only broken if it
> affects them, no one else. Or they didnıt need that feature anymore.

not true.

13.0 was a bit rough, but that's pretty much gone with 13.2.

it ain't just apple.

win10 has its share of problematic updates and android does as well.

nothing is perfect.

Ant

Nov 19, 2019, 9:38:19 PM11/19/19
Every new major releases always have issues. This happened back in the
old days like in the 90s when I started using computers. :(

nospam

Nov 19, 2019, 9:40:24 PM11/19/19
In article <gf2dnZDVR92IOknA...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> Every new major releases always have issues. This happened back in the
> old days like in the 90s when I started using computers. :(

yep

Your Name

Nov 20, 2019, 12:23:16 AM11/20/19
On 2019-11-20 02:38:13 +0000, Ant said:
> nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> Theyıre ALL stable versions of you ask people here. Itıs only broken if it
>>> affects them, no one else. Or they didnıt need that feature anymore.
>>
>> not true.
>>
>> 13.0 was a bit rough, but that's pretty much gone with 13.2.
>>
>> it ain't just apple.
>>
>> win10 has its share of problematic updates and android does as well.
>>
>> nothing is perfect.
>
> Every new major releases always have issues. This happened back in the
> old days like in the 90s when I started using computers. :(

In the *real* old days computers didn't need any silly OS updates
installed. You simply purchased a Vic20, Commodore 64, Atari 800, etc.
from the shop and used it ... until it broke and / or you replaced it
with a newer model.

Chris in Makati

Nov 20, 2019, 12:45:44 AM11/20/19
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 18:23:14 +1300, Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com>
wrote:
I've been using personal computers since the 1970s, and that's exactly
how it used to work then. But those were simple days before the
internet became commercially available. Most standalone computers were
very basic machines with limited functionality and never went online
at all so were much less at risk from hackers messing with them.

Joerg Lorenz

Nov 20, 2019, 12:56:32 AM11/20/19
Am 19.11.19 um 15:56 schrieb badgolferman:
> Dark Mode is not of any use.
It saves a lot of energy. The display is the largest user of battery power.

Lewis

Nov 20, 2019, 1:03:24 AM11/20/19
In message <xn0m1lw6...@reader.albasani.net> badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sms wrote:

>>On 11/18/2019 11:51 AM, houn...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>>>  See subject line.
>>
>>I installed it on my iPhone yesterday. Is 13.2.4 out yet?

> I'm still at 12.4.1. What *functional* advantage is there that I may
> be interested in?

Sorry, but it is no one's job to convince you to update. Do or do not,
up to you.

> Dark Mode is not of any use.

Opinion. It is very useful to many people.

> Find My Phone was also broken in version 13.

Nope, that is totally false.

--
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Lewis

Nov 20, 2019, 1:04:19 AM11/20/19
In message <xn0m1lx0...@reader.albasani.net> badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> nospam wrote:

>>> Find My Phone was also
>>> broken in version 13.
>>
>>no.

> Yes, it is completely different than the way it used to work and
> functionally unusable. Now you need an invitation to find a phone,
> even your own. Sure, you can use a web browser to find someone but it
> also sends them a notice telling them you have found them. This
> doesn't work very well if I want to track my kid without his knowledge
> or even find my phone if it's been stolen.

This is entirely untrue.

--
'There's a limit to the power of a spring, no matter how tightly one
winds it.' 'Oh, yes. Yes. And you hope that if you wind a spring one

Lewis

Nov 20, 2019, 1:06:14 AM11/20/19
In message <qr2683$up2$1...@gioia.aioe.org> badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> iOS 13 has Find Friends.

No it does not.

> The Find Phone app is gone. Find Friends required an invitation or
> AirDrop from someone else. HOW do YOU do it?

You are VERY confused., Perhaps you should stop spreading lies and
misinformation about a version of iOS you don't use.

--
I have a love child who sends me hate mail

Arlen Holder

Nov 20, 2019, 1:08:43 AM11/20/19
On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 21:04:04 -0500, nospam wrote:

> it ain't just apple.
>
> win10 has its share of problematic updates and android does as well

*It's rather telling nospam blames _MICROSOFT_ for Apple's iOS13.x bugs!*

In fact, it's one of the 7 traits all Apologists have in response to facts.
o They blame everyone but Apple for Apple's bugs

And yet, on the Windows, Linux, and Android newssgroup, NOBODY blames Apple
for bugs on those platforms.

*It's only an Apple thing to blame everyone but Apple for Apple's bugs!*

--
It's telling that Apologists blame everyone but Apple for Apple's bugs!

JF Mezei

Nov 20, 2019, 2:29:15 AM11/20/19
On 2019-11-19 16:20, houn...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> I find that the battery under iOS 13 has noticeably worsened.

Xs here and I have noticed that too. I suspect turning off background
processing doesn't really turn it off. I know that if plugged in to
recharge, MAIL will fetch emails regularly and beep when new ones
received (waking me up at night).

When not plugged in, I have no explanation but often, when I wake up,
phone is MUCH lower than when I went to sleep.

I really should have stuck to 12.

JF Mezei

Nov 20, 2019, 2:38:29 AM11/20/19
On 2019-11-20 00:56, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> It saves a lot of energy. The display is the largest user of battery power.

Dark Mode only saves energy on OLED displays. On an OLED display, a dark
pixel is not turned on, does not emit light.

On an LCD display, a dark pixel blocks the light from the backlight. As
the backlight is still running whether pixels are black, white or any
colour, there is no power saving of having most pixels black.

nospam

Nov 20, 2019, 3:04:06 AM11/20/19
In article <qr2kif$inr$1...@dont-email.me>, Joerg Lorenz <hugy...@gmx.ch>
wrote:

> > Dark Mode is not of any use.
> It saves a lot of energy. The display is the largest user of battery power.

it saves energy only on oled displays (not lcd), but not all that much.

the largest use of power goes to the cpu, gpu and also the gps when
active.

an app that uses the gpu will *very* quickly drain the battery, even if
the display is completely off.

gaming, which is cpu/gpu intensive, will also drain the battery very
quickly.

Ray

Nov 20, 2019, 3:58:02 AM11/20/19

"Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote in message
And in the *real* old days before that there were in fact OSs
that did have updates.

sms

Nov 20, 2019, 4:49:49 AM11/20/19
On 11/19/2019 5:55 PM, badgolferman wrote:
> Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>> sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I installed it on my iPhone yesterday. Is 13.2.4 out yet?
>>
>> Are v13.3, v14, etc. public stable versions out yet? [grin]
>
> They’re ALL stable versions of you ask people here.

LOL, only if you ask a couple of people here. Most of us here are able
to distinguish between what is working, what is not working, what used
to work but no longer works, and what wasn't working but is now fixed.

> It’s only broken if it
> affects them, no one else. Or they didn’t need that feature anymore.

Not only did they not need the feature anymore, no one needed it anymore
and no one ever needed it, and in fact it never existed. 1984.

*Hemidactylus*

Nov 20, 2019, 5:02:36 AM11/20/19
I love Dark Mode. Been on it since the get go.

*Hemidactylus*

Nov 20, 2019, 5:04:52 AM11/20/19
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2019-11-19, houn...@yahoo.co.uk <houn...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I'm still at 12.4.1. What *functional* advantage is there that I may
>>> be interested in? Dark Mode is not of any use. Find My Phone was also
>>> broken in version 13.
>>
>> I find that the battery under iOS 13 has noticeably worsened.
>
> Nope. Multiple devices running iOS 13 with no change here. I did notice
> an anomaly with my Apple Watch draining the battery faster a week ago
> after an update, but that was resolved with a reboot.
>
> Lithium-ion batteries do constantly degrade, though. So as time goes on,
> battery life will naturally decrease all on its own.

I recently got a new battery. The old one had degraded to near 80%.

Arlen Holder

Nov 20, 2019, 7:38:13 AM11/20/19
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 04:04:47 -0600, *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>> Lithium-ion batteries do constantly degrade, though. So as time goes on,
>> battery life will naturally decrease all on its own.
>>
> I recently got a new battery. The old one had degraded to near 80%.

FACT:

What's interesting is the known adult FACT that of all the thousands of
models of phones on the planet, _only_ Apple iPhones have to have their CPU
permanently, drastically (but no longer secretly, thank God) throttled.

o Do any Android phone manufacturers throttle (CPUs, PD Charging, Modems) like Apple consistently does?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/xK0qCYaagRw/joYZOK57AQAJ>

If you're an adult, you should think about why.
HINT: It's not the battery; it's the extremely poor overall iPhone design.

Note: Apple blames everyone but themselves for their poor design choices!
o Why do both Apple & the apologists habitually blame everyone but Apple for Apple's poor design choices?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/Iee15bZl49I>

--
It's shocking how fantastically few actual FACTS iOS users know about their
beloved iPhones! (All they know is what Apple marketing has fed them to

badgolferman

Nov 20, 2019, 5:24:17 PM11/20/19
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I tap the Devices tab in the Find My app, like anyone else. There's no
> big mystery here.

And then what? All that does is show devices that have ALREADY granted
permission to be tracked. How do you put an AppleID and password of another
device to find it? This is my whole point — the new Find My app is broken
unless you’ve been GIVEN permission in the first place. I don’t want to be
GIVEN permission to track my kid’s phone, I want to do it because I’m his
parent and if I can’t reach him or don’t believe him and I want to know
where he is. Yes, I can still use the web version of Find My Phone, but
that informs the person that they have been tracked.

Lewis

Nov 20, 2019, 6:28:23 PM11/20/19
You are, as many people have said, entirely wrong.

Right now, my kid is on a bus about 1.1km from home.

No, just updated, he's gotten off the bus and is walking home.

--
'It must have been Fate that brought you here,' said Twoflower. 'Yes,
it's the sort of thing he likes to do,' said Rincewind.

badgolferman

Nov 20, 2019, 8:33:42 PM11/20/19
WTF??? Can’t one of you just say how to log into an Apple account with the
new Find My without receiving an invitation?

Chris

Nov 21, 2019, 2:56:41 AM11/21/19
There is no logging in. I can see both my kids just like in iOS 12. The
difference now is that you have either a person view or a device view.

Is your son part of Family Sharing?

And anyway what's the big deal of asking your son once to allow you to find
him?

b...@ripco.com

Nov 21, 2019, 7:31:04 AM11/21/19
badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And then what? All that does is show devices that have ALREADY granted
> permission to be tracked. How do you put an AppleID and password of another
> device to find it? This is my whole point ? the new Find My app is broken
> unless you?ve been GIVEN permission in the first place. I don?t want to be
> GIVEN permission to track my kid?s phone, I want to do it because I?m his
> parent and if I can?t reach him or don?t believe him and I want to know
> where he is. Yes, I can still use the web version of Find My Phone, but
> that informs the person that they have been tracked.

I'm pretty sure what you want to do is not supported anymore.

There was a rash of similar questions on the discussions.apple.com site
shortly after IOS 13 was released.

I never used it to track people (just device location) and it appears they
(the person you want to track) is now notified you are doing that where in
IOS 12, it didn't.

Apple probably saw that as a security/privacy issue and changed it.

If the kid is under 18, just tell him you'll take the phone away if he
doesn't enable it and keep it enabled. I don't think most of these little
shits can exist for more than a few hours without their phone.

Or threaten to replace it with a Nokia 3310. Peer pressure embarrasment
works wonders.

-bruce
b...@ripco.com

badgolferman

Nov 21, 2019, 7:41:54 AM11/21/19
Why are you the only one who agrees with me that this can’t be done
anymore? Everyone else says I’m wrong.

Chris

Nov 21, 2019, 9:12:21 AM11/21/19
If you're saying that previously you were able to track anyone by their
Apple ID without their knowledge, then I'm glad that's been changed.

Your specific example was for your child. It's more than likely that you're
both on family sharing so the find my iPhone sharing is already enabled.

Arlen Holder

Nov 21, 2019, 9:40:06 AM11/21/19
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 12:41:51 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> Why are you the only one who agrees with me that this canĒt be done
> anymore? Everyone else says IĒm wrong.

Hi badgolferman,

The _adult_ question is...
o Why do apologists sadistically send innocent people on wild goose chases?

I don't use the tool you speak of so I'm not weighing in on that, but what
I wish to warn you about, lest you forget, is the urge of all apologists to
make apologies for Apple (it's why they're called apologists after all).

In my long experience with these apologists, those apologies _often_ take
the form of sadistic wild-goose chases which have zero hope of being
successful.

It's what Apple apologists do.

Why?
I don't know why.

I think they can't stand facts; but then you have to wonder why they can't
stand facts so much that they incessantly fabricate imaginary
functionality.

Why do they incessantly fabricate imaginary functionality?
I don't know why.

I think perhaps facts threaten their imaginary belief systems.
But I can't speak for WHY they sent you on a sadistic wild goose chase.

The _adult_ question is...
o Why do apologists sadistically send innocent people on wild goose chases?

badgolferman

Nov 21, 2019, 9:55:17 AM11/21/19
No, that is not what I said. Firstly I do not have Family Sharing.
Secondly I know the AppleID and password of the intended device. With
Find My Phone app I COULD enter that information in and track the
phone. Now with Find My app that is NOT possible. However you CAN use
the web version of Find My Phone and it will work except that it sends
a notification to the phone letting them know.

The issue isn't that I can or cannot track my kid's phone. I have
provided an invitation to myself from his phone and can track him when
I desire. The issue is I'm being told by all the other people here
that I DO NOT need an invitation to do so and everything works as it
always did which is utterly false.

I cannot make it any more clear that Find My does not function the same
way as Find My Phone. You CANNOT enter an AppleID and password to find
a device without alerting the user or potential thief that they have
been found.

sms

Nov 21, 2019, 10:00:58 AM11/21/19
On 11/21/2019 6:12 AM, Chris wrote:

<snip>

> Your specific example was for your child. It's more than likely that you're
> both on family sharing so the find my iPhone sharing is already enabled.

<https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/apples-new-location-alerts-show-how-often-other-companies-track-you.html>

They also mention Bluetooth. But they don't mention Wi-Fi. My friend,
who works for Samsung, is on an IEEE committee that is developing the
standards for location via Wi-Fi. It's quite accurate and unlike GPS it
works indoors. Obviously you can't use it for mapping, but when combined
with GPS it can increase the accuracy, especially indoors.

sms

Nov 21, 2019, 10:03:55 AM11/21/19
On 11/21/2019 6:55 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

a notification to the phone letting them know.

> The issue isn't that I can or cannot track my kid's phone. I have
> provided an invitation to myself from his phone and can track him when
> I desire. The issue is I'm being told by all the other people here
> that I DO NOT need an invitation to do so and everything works as it
> always did which is utterly false.

AFAIK, for both iOS and Android an invitation has always been required.

> I cannot make it any more clear that Find My does not function the same
> way as Find My Phone. You CANNOT enter an AppleID and password to find
> a device without alerting the user or potential thief that they have
> been found.

It should not work that way. Are you sure that this has changed? That
would be very bad.

Arlen Holder

Nov 21, 2019, 10:41:08 AM11/21/19
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 07:03:53 -0800, sms wrote:

>> The issue isn't that I can or cannot track my kid's phone. I have
>> provided an invitation to myself from his phone and can track him when
>> I desire. The issue is I'm being told by all the other people here
>> that I DO NOT need an invitation to do so and everything works as it
>> always did which is utterly false.
>
> AFAIK, for both iOS and Android an invitation has always been required.
>
>> I cannot make it any more clear that Find My does not function the same
>> way as Find My Phone. You CANNOT enter an AppleID and password to find
>> a device without alerting the user or potential thief that they have
>> been found.
>
> It should not work that way. Are you sure that this has changed? That
> would be very bad.

To the rare _adult_ on this Apple newsgroup...
o Please let us know the final FACTUAL result when you figure it out.

If the apologists did send badgolferman on a sadistic fruitless wild-goose
chase, I would not be surprised; but whether or not that is the case
depends solely on whether badgolferman is correct, or not, in his
assessment of the functionality, versus that of the named apologists.

To the rare _adult_ on this newsgroup, please let us know what the final
result is, where it's clear the credibility of the child-like apologists is
about at that of a coin toss result (which is to say the apologists'
credibility is worthless).

So far, here is the documented sequence of a simple innocent request by
badgolferman for FACTUAL information as to whether the given functionality
changed between the iOS 12 and iOS 13 releases.

..... ..... ..... ..... .....
Yet again, it appears the apologists send an innocent user on a sadistic
wild-goose chase, if the evidence below pans out over time to be so.

1. The innocent user badgolferman asked about iOS13 changes to FindMyIphone
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/RoOQSzycAAAJ>

2. The apologist, nospam, flatly brazenly denies badgolferman's experience:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/wMKeY8GcAAAJ>

3. The innocent user provides further details of the iOS 13.x changes:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/dCi6t-adAAAJ>

4. Non-apologists purposefully helpfully try to assist the innocent user:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/3cDaR1WfAAAJ>

5. The apologist Jolly Roger responses purposefully unhelpfully:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/joufmX-iAAAJ>

6. The apologist Chris provides another purposefully unhelpful response:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/bBxona2mAAAJ>

7. The apologist nospam fabricates imaginary functionality (as usual):
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/98ey-dKnAAAJ>

8. Again, the apologist Jolly Roger flatly denies what is known to be fact:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/fu_Mb_y_AAAJ>

9. Badgolferman ascertained everything nospam wrote was purposefully unhelpful:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/YR5Kuv2_AAAJ>

10. Nospam brazenly denies patently obvious facts, as is his method:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/V_yXKqPAAAAJ>

11. Lewis, another apologist, brazenly denies the facts badgolferman knows:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/oY0DaLLNAAAJ>

12. Sans a shred of evidence, the apologist Lewis again brazenly denies facts:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/jSn2L7_NAAAJ>

13. The apologist Lewis slings childish ad hominem attacks, as is his style:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/Sty4-tnNAAAJ>

14. The apologist Jolly Roger sadistically sends badgolferman on a wild goose chase:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/X2LqtslXCgAJ>

15. The apologist Lewis brazenly fabricates completely imaginary iOS functionality:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/Poz-GUlbCgAJ>

16. The innocent requester badgolferman, as is always the case when
apologists send innocent users on fruitless wild-goose chases, gets
frustrated by these apologists' sadistic machinations which are never
intended to be purposefully helpful:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/dcwFaorYBgAJ>

17. The apologist Chris brazenly fabricates imaginary iOS functionality:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/lkOlqHDtBgAJ>

18. For the first time, the innocent user badgolferman, is told the truth
(by a non apologist, of course):

19. The innocent user badgolferman asks why the apologists sadistically lied all this time:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/lcTfBAH9BgAJ>

20. Only in the face of facts, does the apologist Chris back off on his brazen fabrications:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/6EJH0fABBwAJ>

21. Even so, the apologist Chris completely fabricated imaginary circumstances:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/Zxj6gUgEBwAJ>

22. The question remains why apologists send people on wild goose chases.
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/_fovt6uzDlA/RmOYbHQDBwAJ>

Here is a direct quote from that innocent user after almost two dozen
sadistic fabrications of imaginary functionality that turns out, as is
often the case, to be brazen fabrications of imaginary functionality on the
part of teh same set of Apple apologists, as always:

"The issue is I'm being told by all the other people here
that I DO NOT need an invitation to do so and everything
works as it always did *which is utterly false*.

I cannot make it any more clear that Find My does not function
the same way as Find My Phone. You CANNOT enter an AppleID and password
to find a device without alerting the user or potential thief that they
have been found."

In summary:
o Apple apologists yet again, incessantly brazenly fabricate imaginary iOS
functionality that simply does not exist by sending poor unsuspecting
innocent users like badgolferman on sadistic wild goose chases that have
absolutely zero hope of ever being successful.

o Why do the Apple Apologists constantly send poor unsuspecting iOS users on wild goose chases?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/ynh0PE9lK_I/QOiGP4_SFQAJ>

--
There is no doubt these specific apologists incessantly send poor
unsuspecting innocent users on sadistic wild-goose chases which have zero

nospam

Nov 21, 2019, 1:06:05 PM11/21/19
In article <qr68r9$m2d$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> <https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/apples-new-location-alerts-show-how-often-oth
> er-companies-track-you.html>
>
> They also mention Bluetooth. But they don't mention Wi-Fi. My friend,
> who works for Samsung, is on an IEEE committee that is developing the
> standards for location via Wi-Fi.

he's very late to the party.

wifi geolocation has existed for more than a decade and used by ios,
android, windows phone and even laptops & desktops.

> It's quite accurate and unlike GPS it
> works indoors.

gps works indoors in many buildings.

> Obviously you can't use it for mapping,

obviously false, given that it's used for exactly that purpose every
day.

> but when combined
> with GPS it can increase the accuracy, especially indoors.

nope. the main advantage is not needing to power up the gps if the
location has the desired accuracy. there are other benefits as well.

*Hemidactylus*

Nov 21, 2019, 3:14:41 PM11/21/19
houn...@yahoo.co.uk <houn...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> See subject line.

I think my battery usage dropped significantly right after applying this
update. I had replaced the battery around a month ago, but only over the
past couple days has the battery percentage stayed above 80% in the
afternoon (at 85% now). Probably too soon to say.

Lewis

Nov 21, 2019, 6:34:32 PM11/21/19
In message <qr6027$1gk$1...@remote5bge0.ripco.com> b...@ripco.com <b...@ripco.com> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> And then what? All that does is show devices that have ALREADY granted
>> permission to be tracked. How do you put an AppleID and password of another
>> device to find it? This is my whole point ? the new Find My app is broken
>> unless you?ve been GIVEN permission in the first place. I don?t want to be
>> GIVEN permission to track my kid?s phone, I want to do it because I?m his
>> parent and if I can?t reach him or don?t believe him and I want to know
>> where he is. Yes, I can still use the web version of Find My Phone, but
>> that informs the person that they have been tracked.

> I'm pretty sure what you want to do is not supported anymore.

> There was a rash of similar questions on the discussions.apple.com site
> shortly after IOS 13 was released.

Nothing changed in ios 13 in functionality. Two apps were combined into
one. Find my iPhone works in Find My and Find my Friends works in Find
My. Both work just as they did in iOS 12.

> I never used it to track people (just device location) and it appears they
> (the person you want to track) is now notified you are doing that where in
> IOS 12, it didn't.

Nothing has changed.

--
ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE WORDS 'DEATH WAS HIS CONSTANT COMPANION'? 'But
I don't usually see you!'

Lewis

Nov 21, 2019, 6:35:17 PM11/21/19
No, that was never the case.

> Your specific example was for your child. It's more than likely that you're
> both on family sharing so the find my iPhone sharing is already enabled.

Yep.

--
"An idea isn't responsible for the people who believe it."
- Don Marquis

Lewis

Nov 21, 2019, 6:38:00 PM11/21/19
You do not need an invitation, You have just decided to do something
stupid that breaks things and then complain about it.

> I cannot make it any more clear that Find My does not function the same
> way as Find My Phone.

It does, exactly. What does not function the same is the AppleID
authentication.

--
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

badgolferman

Nov 21, 2019, 9:21:20 PM11/21/19
I see you finally admitted it doesn’t work the same way. Using AppleID
authentication is impossible, just as I have been saying all along.

Rod Speed

Nov 21, 2019, 9:42:18 PM11/21/19

"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote in message
That’s fucked if the phone has been stolen.

Savageduck

Nov 21, 2019, 10:03:16 PM11/21/19
On Nov 21, 2019, Rod Speed wrote
(in article <h3p088...@mid.individual.net>):
If you have activated “Find My” on your iPhone it functions exactly the
same as it did with the old “Find my Phone”.

On any browser on computer (desktop/laptop), iPad, or iPhone, go to
icloud.com log in and you will be presented with the greeting with the
various iCloud icons including “Find iPhone”. Click on that icon and
another sign in window opens for you to sign in and confirm your AppleID
password. Once that is done the map will open showing the location of the
tracked iPhone.

Click on the Green location dot and a sub-window will open giving you the
options to have the device play a sound so you can locate it if you have
mislaid it nearby, or go into Lost Mode, or Erase the iPhone, (or iPad)

> > The issue isn't that I can or cannot track my kid's phone.
> > I have provided an invitation to myself from his phone
> > and can track him when I desire. The issue is I'm being
> > told by all the other people here that I DO NOT need
> > an invitation to do so and everything works as it
> > always did which is utterly false.
>
> > I cannot make it any more clear that Find My does not
> > function the same way as Find My Phone. You CANNOT
> > enter an AppleID and password to find a device without
> > alerting the user or potential thief that they have been found.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Rod Speed

Nov 21, 2019, 11:24:02 PM11/21/19

That comment was JUST about whether it makes any
sense to notify the iphone that you are tracking it.

It doesn’t if it has been stolen and you want to show up
there and make the thief give it back or send the cops there.

Not saying it does notify the iphone, but it makes
no sense if it does unless you have just lost it and
want to play noise so you can find it.

Ant

Nov 22, 2019, 12:25:44 AM11/22/19
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> All iOS devices always experience a temporary drop in performance
> immediately after an OS update/upgrade while the operating system
> rebuilds caches and indexes, and downloads and installs app updates.
> Naturally, while the device is busy doing this, battery performance will
> also be impacted. This typically lasts from an hour or two to a day or
> two depending on the age and speed of the device and network bandwidth,
> after which performance returns to normal.

> The overwhelming majority of posts I see online complaining about iOS
> devices supposedly being slowed down or batteries draining abnormally
> fast by iOS updates are in this category.

Question: Why does iOS have to do for every single update including the minor upgrades? I
can understand for major versions.

--
"I discovered that if one looks a little closer at this beautiful world, there are always red ants underneath." --David Lynch
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org /
/ /\ /\ \ http://antfarm.ma.cx. Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Savageduck

Nov 22, 2019, 12:51:30 AM11/22/19
On Nov 21, 2019, Rod Speed wrote
(in article <h3p66v...@mid.individual.net>):

> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
> > On Nov 21, 2019, Rod Speed wrote
> > (in article<h3p088...@mid.individual.net>):

<Snip>

> > > That’s fucked if the phone has been stolen.
> >
> > If you have activated “Find My” on your iPhone it functions exactly the
> > same as it did with the old “Find my Phone”.
> >
> > On any browser on computer (desktop/laptop), iPad, or iPhone, go to
> > icloud.com log in and you will be presented with the greeting with the
> > various iCloud icons including “Find iPhone”. Click on that icon and
> > another sign in window opens for you to sign in and confirm your AppleID
> > password. Once that is done the map will open showing the location of the
> > tracked iPhone.
> >
> > Click on the Green location dot and a sub-window will open giving you the
> > options to have the device play a sound so you can locate it if you have
> > mislaid it nearby, or go into Lost Mode, or Erase the iPhone, (or iPad)
>
> That comment was JUST about whether it makes any
> sense to notify the iphone that you are tracking it.

It has always made sense to let the finder of the phone, whether they are
honest, or a thief know that the phone is locked and being tracked.

> It doesn’t if it has been stolen and you want to show up
> there and make the thief give it back or send the cops there.

...and it can be set to wipe itself, or you can do that yourself online, and
still track the phone.

> Not saying it does notify the iphone, but it makes
> no sense if it does unless you have just lost it and
> want to play noise so you can find it.

Knowing approximately where you lost it is the only reason to have the phone
sound an alert. That way you can go straight to the couch cushion and dig it
out, or perhaps on the bookshelf where you left it with the car keys.

The only time I have had to use Find my iPhone was a few years ago when I
dropped my phone in a parking lot. I only discovered I didn’t have my phone
when I got home. I checked Find my iPhone via iCloud.com and it showed it in
the parking lot where I had parked. Then it moved into the store. I called
the store, and I was told that somebody had found the phone and turned it in
to their courtesy desk. That was a simple recover, but without Find My iPhone
it might have been a total loss. I don’t think making a sound in the
parking lot would have made much difference.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Lewis

Nov 22, 2019, 3:42:39 AM11/22/19
Not really. It is possible that the stupid thing you are doing could
maybe cause what you are seeing. However, never having done the stupid
thing you are doing, I cannot confirm that at all.

> Using AppleID authentication is impossible, just as I have been saying
> all along.

That is not what you said, you said it required authentication and
notified the user of the account you were logging into.

Probably that account has two-factor authentication.

--
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

nospam

Nov 22, 2019, 3:48:38 AM11/22/19
In article <jr2dnQ3ap8XO7ErA...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> > > I think my battery usage dropped significantly right after applying
> > > this update. I had replaced the battery around a month ago, but only
> > > over the past couple days has the battery percentage stayed above 80%
> > > in the afternoon (at 85% now). Probably too soon to say.
>
> > All iOS devices always experience a temporary drop in performance
> > immediately after an OS update/upgrade while the operating system
> > rebuilds caches and indexes, and downloads and installs app updates.
> > Naturally, while the device is busy doing this, battery performance will
> > also be impacted. This typically lasts from an hour or two to a day or
> > two depending on the age and speed of the device and network bandwidth,
> > after which performance returns to normal.
>
> > The overwhelming majority of posts I see online complaining about iOS
> > devices supposedly being slowed down or batteries draining abnormally
> > fast by iOS updates are in this category.
>
> Question: Why does iOS have to do for every single update including the minor
> upgrades? I can understand for major versions.

normally it doesn't for minor updates.

Rod Speed

Nov 22, 2019, 4:00:09 AM11/22/19
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> If you have activated “Find My” on your iPhone it functions
>>> exactly the same as it did with the old “Find my Phone”.

>> > On any browser on computer (desktop/laptop), iPad, or iPhone, go to
>> > icloud.com log in and you will be presented with the greeting with the
>> > various iCloud icons including “Find iPhone”. Click on that icon and
>> > another sign in window opens for you to sign in and confirm your
>> > AppleID
>> > password. Once that is done the map will open showing the location of
>> > the
>> > tracked iPhone.
>> >
>> > Click on the Green location dot and a sub-window will open giving you
>> > the
>> > options to have the device play a sound so you can locate it if you
>> > have
>> > mislaid it nearby, or go into Lost Mode, or Erase the iPhone, (or iPad)
>>
>> That comment was JUST about whether it makes any
>> sense to notify the iphone that you are tracking it.

> It has always made sense to let the finder of the
> phone, whether they are honest, or a thief know
> that the phone is locked and being tracked.

No it doesn’t when you know the thief and can show up
and demand they return it or face the consequences.

Makes no sense to make it obvious to the more stupid
who are not aware that the iphone can be tracked and
that you know who they are, when you are not right
there in person so they can smash the phone and
dispose of the remains before you show up in person.

>> It doesn’t if it has been stolen and you want to show up
>> there and make the thief give it back or send the cops there.

> ...and it can be set to wipe itself, or you can do
> that yourself online, and still track the phone.

I'd rather show up in person without the thief knowing
that you know that they stole it and demand it back of
they get to wear the consequences. Plenty of thieves
will have enough of a clue to hand the phone back in
those circumstances, particularly if they are known to
you and were stupid enough to help themselves at a
party when pissed or drugged etc

>> Not saying it does notify the iphone, but it makes
>> no sense if it does unless you have just lost it and
>> want to play noise so you can find it.

> Knowing approximately where you lost it is the
> only reason to have the phone sound an alert.

That’s not true either when its very likely that you
have just forgotten where you put it but may have
left it behind when last out of the house etc.

> That way you can go straight to the couch cushion and dig it out,
> or perhaps on the bookshelf where you left it with the car keys.

Yes, but that’s optional. And you can check the video before
doing that to see if you can hear stuff that suggest you may
have left it at the store where you were last etc.

> The only time I have had to use Find my iPhone was a few years ago when I
> dropped my phone in a parking lot. I only discovered I didn’t have my
> phone
> when I got home. I checked Find my iPhone via iCloud.com and it showed it
> in
> the parking lot where I had parked. Then it moved into the store. I called
> the store, and I was told that somebody had found the phone and turned it
> in
> to their courtesy desk. That was a simple recover, but without Find My
> iPhone
> it might have been a total loss. I don’t think making a sound in the
> parking lot would have made much difference.

Sure, but that's an entirely separate issue to being able to check
where it is without the thief being aware that they have been
sprung and choosing to get rid of the evidence. Even if someone
has found it in the parking lot and had decided to keep it, it makes
more sense to show up at their place unannounced and tell them
that you know they have it at that they need to hand it back or
face the consequences.

badgolferman

Nov 22, 2019, 6:54:10 AM11/22/19
Lewis wrote:

>> I see you finally admitted it doesn’t work the same way.
>
>Not really. It is possible that the stupid thing you are doing could
>maybe cause what you are seeing. However, never having done the stupid
>thing you are doing, I cannot confirm that at all.

Hey Lewis,

You're wrong and have no idea what you are talking about. I think you
are purposely being an asshole because you get some sort of thrill out
of a false sense of superiority. Just don't read anymore of my
messages because you have absolutely nothing to add but personal
insults and lies.

Arlen Holder

Nov 22, 2019, 9:40:58 AM11/22/19
On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:54:09 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> Hey Lewis,
>
> You're wrong and have no idea what you are talking about. I think you
> are purposely being an asshole because you get some sort of thrill out
> of a false sense of superiority. Just don't read anymore of my
> messages because you have absolutely nothing to add but personal
> insults and lies.

Hi badgolferman,

What you're running into are the 7 basic traits of the score of apologists.

In this situation, it's clear:
a. Lewis brazenly denied facts out of sheer total unfathomable ignorance.
b. And yet, Lewis calls _you_ hateful childish names when _he_ was wrong.

It's classic.

The apologists record on credibility is worse than the result of a coin
toss, and yet, they spew hateful vitriol when you simply point that out.

Yet again...

They sadistically sent you on a wild-goose chase with no hope of success.

--
Apple apologists have only 7 basic responses to fact; none of them adult.

Arlen Holder

Nov 22, 2019, 9:41:21 AM11/22/19
On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 08:42:38 -0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

> However, never having done the stupid
> thing you are doing, I cannot confirm that at all.

I love how the apologists, like Lewis, _prove_ (with their own words!) to
have posted, repeatedly, fully & completely *in total ignorance of fact*!

Arlen Holder

Nov 22, 2019, 9:44:40 AM11/22/19
On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 03:48:36 -0500, nospam wrote:

> normally it doesn't for minor updates.

While nospam's credibility is worse than the result of a coin toss, in this
case, nsopam is most likely correct since the minor update was remarkably
small (as I recall from reading the news on what it contained).

Kudos to nospam for haphazardly actually guessing right on this one.

Lewis

Nov 23, 2019, 11:48:13 AM11/23/19
In message <xn0m1pz2...@reader.albasani.net> badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lewis wrote:

>>> I see you finally admitted it doesn’t work the same way.
>>
>>Not really. It is possible that the stupid thing you are doing could
>>maybe cause what you are seeing. However, never having done the stupid
>>thing you are doing, I cannot confirm that at all.

> Hey Lewis,

> You're wrong

Which part of "I don't do the stupid thing you do" is wrong? Which part
of "I cannot confirm that at all" is wrong? Or is it "It's possible that
the stupid thing you are doing could maybe cause whatever you are
seeing" that is wrong?

> and have no idea what you are talking about.

Unlike you, I am running iOS 13 and I use Find My every single day,
multiple times, while you are not using the app and therefor have no
fucking idea what you are talking about.

> I think you are purposely being an asshole because you get some sort
> of thrill out of a false sense of superiority. Just don't read
> anymore of my messages because you have absolutely nothing to add but
> personal insults and lies.

"You are stupid" is personal. "You are doing a stupid thing" is not
personal, snowflake.

As for lies, you opinion is not a fact and my experience with the app is
not a lie. Maybe you should learn what the fuck you are talking about
before spewing hot garbage?

--
There is nothing so stupid that some person somewhere will not, with
earnestness, say it.

badgolferman

Nov 23, 2019, 1:06:12 PM11/23/19
Your ignorance and arrogance knows no bounds. I have TWO PHONES. A work
iPhone 8 with iOS 13 and a personal iPhone 7 with iOS 12. I test what I’m
doing before I post it here because of assholes like you that think
everyone but yourself is stupid.

Now just shut up before you continue making a fool of yourself. You are the
most obnoxious and unhelpful person I’ve ever seen in 25 years on Usenet.

Leo

Nov 23, 2019, 6:59:17 PM11/23/19
On 2019 Nov 22, , Rod Speed wrote
(in article <h3pmcm...@mid.individual.net>):

> Sure, but that's an entirely separate issue to being able to check
> where it is without the thief being aware that they have been
> sprung and choosing to get rid of the evidence. Even if someone
> has found it in the parking lot and had decided to keep it, it makes
> more sense to show up at their place unannounced and tell them
> that you know they have it at that they need to hand it back or
> face the consequences.

With that attitude, the consequences could result in a bullet in “your"
head. Then what?

leo

Lewis

Nov 23, 2019, 7:09:56 PM11/23/19
You are the one doing incredibly stupid shit, not me.

> I have TWO PHONES. A work iPhone 8 with iOS 13 and a personal iPhone 7
> with iOS 12. I test what I’m doing before I post it here because of
> assholes like you that think everyone but yourself is stupid.

Uh huh. Funny how this is the first time you are mentioning this. I
mean, it must be true, right?

> Now just shut up before you continue making a fool of yourself. You are the
> most obnoxious and unhelpful person I’ve ever seen in 25 years on Usenet.

I suggest you get a mirror then.

BTW, When someone tells you how to make something work properly and your
response is "waa waa waa, I don't want to do it that way, I want to
use the stupid way I've been doing it" that is not someone being
unhelpful, that it you being intractable.

You have been told how to do it properly, but you don't care about how
to do it properly, you just want to cry that your stupoid method no
longer works for spying on whoever it is whose account info you have.

I mean, you SAY it is your kid, but I have to say at this point, I don't
believe you.

--
Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been

*Hemidactylus*

Nov 23, 2019, 7:33:18 PM11/23/19
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2019-11-21, *Hemidactylus* <ecph...@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> All iOS devices always experience a temporary drop in performance
> immediately after an OS update/upgrade while the operating system
> rebuilds caches and indexes, and downloads and installs app updates.
> Naturally, while the device is busy doing this, battery performance will
> also be impacted. This typically lasts from an hour or two to a day or
> two depending on the age and speed of the device and network bandwidth,
> after which performance returns to normal.
>
> The overwhelming majority of posts I see online complaining about iOS
> devices supposedly being slowed down or batteries draining abnormally
> fast by iOS updates are in this category.

But I’m actually saying I perceive an improvement right after applying
13.2.3. The battery was already new but the improvement seems to have just
kicked in. And as I declared here I skipped the previous update.

Savageduck

Nov 23, 2019, 8:05:51 PM11/23/19
On Nov 23, 2019, Leo wrote
(in article<0001HW.2389FF5300...@News.Individual.Net>):
That has already happened.
<https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/canada-teenager-jeremy-cook-shot-dead-after-using-
find-my-iphone-app-track-stolen-smartphone-1506819>

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Rod Speed

Nov 24, 2019, 1:06:49 AM11/24/19
Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> Sure, but that's an entirely separate issue to being able to
>> check where it is without the thief being aware that they
>> have been sprung and choosing to get rid of the evidence.
>> Even if someone has found it in the parking lot and had
>> decided to keep it, it makes more sense to show up at their
>> place unannounced and tell them that you know they have
>> it at that they need to hand it back or face the consequences.

> With that attitude, the consequences could
> result in a bullet in “your" head.

Not here, because we arent actually stupid enough to let
anyone who wants one have something to shoot with.

And when its someone you know who has chosen to
help themselves to the phone at a party or event etc
and you show up at their place unannounced and
tell them that you know they have your phone and
have told others that you are going around to their
place to get it back, even someone as stupid as you
is very unlikely to actually shoot you.

> Then what?

Then its off to jail for them for a very long time with
the live footage proving it was them that did it.

Rod Speed

Nov 24, 2019, 1:11:02 AM11/24/19

> On Nov 23, 2019, Leo wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2389FF5300...@News.Individual.Net>):
>
>> On 2019 Nov 22, , Rod Speed wrote
>> (in article <h3pmcm...@mid.individual.net>):
>>
>> > Sure, but that's an entirely separate issue to being able to check
>> > where it is without the thief being aware that they have been
>> > sprung and choosing to get rid of the evidence. Even if someone
>> > has found it in the parking lot and had decided to keep it, it makes
>> > more sense to show up at their place unannounced and tell them
>> > that you know they have it at that they need to hand it back or
>> > face the consequences.

>> With that attitude, the consequences could
>> result in a bullet in “your" head. Then what?

> That has already happened.

Hasn’t happened here because fuck all have guns.

And it makes no sense to always notify the thief that they
have been observed, it only makes any sense to allow the
owner of phone to decide if notifying the thief that they
are being observed. It obviously doesn’t if the cops will
be showing up to frog march the thief off to the cop shop.

> <https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/canada-teenager-jeremy-cook-shot-dead-after-using-
> find-my-iphone-app-track-stolen-smartphone-1506819>

Leo

Nov 24, 2019, 6:58:06 AM11/24/19
On 2019 Nov 23, , Rod Speed wrote
(in article <h3ukvn...@mid.individual.net>):

> Not here, because we arent actually stupid enough to let
> anyone who wants one have something to shoot with.

You are so pure! Nobody in Australia knows how to use a rock, club or knife
to beat a random a**hole with a big mouth to death. Good on ya, Mate!

Now I have to see if my single quotes work. One double quote earlier was
nonsensical. New newsreader. The formatting is a mystery, so far, to me. I
think I’m getting better. I’m sure someone will let me know if I’m not.

leo

Rod Speed

Nov 24, 2019, 9:34:05 PM11/24/19
Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> Not here, because we arent actually
>> stupid enough to let anyone who wants
>> one have something to shoot with.

> You are so pure!

Nope, just not that stupid. Unlike you lot.

> Nobody in Australia knows how to use
> a rock, club or knife to beat a random
> a**hole with a big mouth to death.

Corse there are, but few fools are actually
stupid enough to do that when they are told
that you have said where you are going to
get your stolen iphone back and have a
bodycam beaming their activitys live.

> Good on ya, Mate!

> Now I have to see if my single quotes work. One
> double quote earlier was nonsensical. New newsreader.
> The formatting is a mystery, so far, to me. I think I’m
> getting better. I’m sure someone will let me know if I’m not.

You failed, as always.

Arlen Holder

Nov 27, 2019, 7:16:08 PM11/27/19
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 00:09:55 -0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

> You have been told how to do it properly, but you don't care about how
> to do it properly, you just want to cry that your stupoid method no
> longer works for spying on whoever it is whose account info you have.

Notice the Apple Apologists only have 7 basic responses to facts they don't
like, none of which are an _adult_ response...

o What are the common well-verified psychological traits of the Apple
Apologists on this newsgroup?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/18ARDsEOPzM/veU8FwAjBQAJ>

Arlen Holder

Nov 27, 2019, 7:16:09 PM11/27/19
On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 18:06:09 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> Your ignorance and arrogance knows no bounds. I have TWO PHONES. A work
> iPhone 8 with iOS 13 and a personal iPhone 7 with iOS 12. I test what I▌
> doing before I post it here because of assholes like you that think
> everyone but yourself is stupid.
>
> Now just shut up before you continue making a fool of yourself. You are the
> most obnoxious and unhelpful person I▔e ever seen in 25 years on Usenet.

Actually, Lewis has competition for that position...
O Where, IMHO, Lewis, BK, & JR are pretty much as dumb as a human can be.

o Alan Baker <nu...@ness.biz>
o Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com>
o Ammammata <amma...@tiscalinet.it> (not an apologist, but is ignorant)
o Andreas Rutishauser <and...@macandreas.ch>