System logs for Loongson 3A machine

s.bou...@free.fr

Dec 20, 2012, 3:16:01 AM12/20/12
to loongs...@googlegroups.com, gnewse...@nongnu.org, debian-yeel...@lists.alioth.debian.org
Hi,

I just ran a few tests [0] using Phoronix on this machine: Lemote laptop 8131 [1] with Loongson 3A CPU [2] [3]:

The system logs are available in [4]:

The laptop is running the stock LOonux3 [5] GNU/Linux distribution, based on Debian/Squeeze.

The laptop was kindly donated by Lemote [6] for the GNewSense [7] porting project.

Interessingly, the cpuinfo [8] shows 2 active processors, while the lscpu [9] info shows 4 processors, from which 2 are active and 2 inactive.

[0] http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1212206-RA-LOONGSON875
[1] http://www.lemote.com/products/computer/yilong/312.html
[2] http://www.loongson.cn/product_info.php?id=31
[3] http://www.loongson.cn/dev/wiki/%E9%BE%99%E8%8A%AF3A
[4] http://openbenchmarking.org/system/1212206-RA-LOONGSON875/loongson-8131-loonux-smallpt
[5] http://dev.lemote.com/category/loonux3
[6] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemote
[7] http://www.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS-3A
[8] http://openbenchmarking.org/system/1212206-RA-LOONGSON875/loongson-8131-loonux-smallpt/cpuinfo
[9] http://openbenchmarking.org/system/1212206-RA-LOONGSON875/loongson-8131-loonux-smallpt/lscpu

s.bou...@free.fr

Dec 20, 2012, 9:21:14 AM12/20/12
to Huacai Chen, loongs...@googlegroups.com, gnewse...@nongnu.org, debian-yeel...@lists.alioth.debian.org
Thanks for the hint!

Quoting Huacai Chen <che...@lemote.com>:

> Hi,
>
> We design CPUAutoplug for power saving in kernel, CPUAutoplug try to
> shutdown some cores if the system load is low. If you want to disable
> CPUAutoplug, you can add a kerenl parameter "autoplug=off".
>
> As an alternative, you can disable CPUAutoplug at runtime:
> echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuautoplug/enabled
> and then open the offline cores:
> echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu?/online
> while "?" is the id of offline cores.
>
> As another alternative, you can set the min CPU count of CPUAutoplug to 4:
> echo 4 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuautoplug/mincpus
>
> Regards,
> Huacai

I have actually the 4 cores online, running at 100% each the phoronix benchmark
from yesterday. The estimated time to completion is in 5 hours approx.

Regards,

samy

Huacai Chen