Do we want to restart weekly rides?

Klaus Muehlbradt

Oct 12, 2012, 11:41:07 PM10/12/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
Could do a morning and an evening ride each week... Of course all night rides now. Suggestions? Interest?

Karen Ramse

Oct 12, 2012, 11:58:43 PM10/12/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
My commuter bike needs some work before riding. What is that green stuff that goes in the tires and helps prevent flats? I do not remember what you were using. I will let you know when my bike is up and running. I was planning to fix up the mountain bike for winter riding. Is that what you are using?

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Klaus Muehlbradt <kmue...@gmail.com> wrote:
Could do a morning and an evening ride each week... Of course all night rides now. Suggestions? Interest?

Klaus Muehlbradt

Oct 13, 2012, 11:50:26 PM10/13/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
The green stuff is called 'slime'. Wal-Mart and about any car or bike shop carry it.

Hey, I love tinkering on bikes. You could simply drop by with commuter and MTB for a tune-up.

I am using the Road bike right now for detour commuting, the MTB for fun on trails - and an old MTB for foul weather riding. Yes, in winter the MTB has advantages. Best days are those with powder on the bike path. :-)

So, again - if you like, let me know when and drop by for a bike tune-up.

Karen Ramse

Oct 14, 2012, 6:25:29 PM10/14/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Klaus! I will pick up some slime and let you know when I can drop off the bikes. Maybe next weekend sometime.

Karen

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lets-ride-fc/-/T5ujwlYPdBcJ.

Karen Ramse

Nov 12, 2012, 11:37:08 AM11/12/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
Klaus,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I talked to my brother about my tires. I was not sure if my tires were ok. He thinks the mountain bike tires are fine. Would it work to run the bikes by this weekend sometime? I did get some green slime from Walmart. Not sure if there is anything else I need after you look them over. Thinking about starting up riding to work next week.

I am working from 7:15 to 4 for the next few weeks. I have been staying busy working lots and playing with the P90X workouts if you have heard of Tony Horton's workout plans. Fun Fun!

Thanks for all your help.

Talk to you soon, Karen

Klaus Muehlbradt

Nov 13, 2012, 5:35:55 PM11/13/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com, vert...@gmail.com
Not sure about the weekend, yet. We plan a 75 miles ride - but haven't set day/time.

But what about one of the evenings this week?