Getting back into a rythm... Wednesday & Thursday mornings

Klaus Muehlbradt

Jul 23, 2012, 11:08:36 AM7/23/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh boy. I was lazy again this weekend. DH all day Saturday and only a short road ride on Sunday. But Steve promised to help me make up during the week for the lazy weekends.

Our plan is to ride Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Some road, some MTB. This week, it look slike Wednesday MTB and Thursday road. 6 am start both days. Approximate riding time 2h.

Any takers? Actual route yet to be determined. But I was thinking about doing a Foothills trail from the back (up Michaud) and a Rist Canyon (90 min up - then back). All still negotiable.

Cheers

Klaus

Mike Greiner

Jul 23, 2012, 12:38:17 PM7/23/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
In general, sounds good.

I can't make this week but will try to join next week.

On the Rist Canyon front, it is up to everybody's own judgement, but I
am going to avoid Rist Canyon for awhile in deference to the feelings
of the people recovering from the High Park Fire. While I don't agree
with singling bikes out for exclusion from the canyon, I can kind of
understand wanting to keep the canyon clear for cleanup and rebuilding
efforts. My .02 on that.

Happy riding this week gents, and I'll look for you next week.

Mike

TERRY RUDD Owner

Jul 23, 2012, 1:33:24 PM7/23/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mike et al,

I am interested! I will likely miss Wednesday. Thursday sounds like a possibility though!

WRT to Rist, I too will avoid for the next 30 days per County Commissioners but I am very annoyed at how this was messaged. What about the guys dragging 20 foot trailers with ORVs? What about the casual drivers just puttering up and down the canyon to sight see? I am pretty unhappy that bicycles were called out and essentially singled out even though the other non-residents got some mention and arguably pose a bigger obstacle to demolition/rebuilding traffic. Anger aside, I too and going to ride elsewhere for the present.

Terry

Klaus Muehlbradt

Jul 23, 2012, 3:11:34 PM7/23/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
Woha! I wasn't even aware of the request to not ride Rist Canyon. Thanks for pointing this out. So  let's plan another road route then.

Mark Lorie

Jul 23, 2012, 5:01:25 PM7/23/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 23, 2012, at 1:11 PM, Klaus Muehlbradt <kla...@hp.com> wrote:

Woha! I wasn't even aware of the request to not ride Rist Canyon. Thanks for pointing this out. So  let's plan another road route then.

Mark Lorie

Jul 23, 2012, 5:01:45 PM7/23/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com, lets-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll join you guys...oh wait...

On Jul 23, 2012, at 1:11 PM, Klaus Muehlbradt <kla...@hp.com> wrote:

Woha! I wasn't even aware of the request to not ride Rist Canyon. Thanks for pointing this out. So  let's plan another road route then.

Klaus Muehlbradt

Jul 25, 2012, 8:45:59 PM7/25/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I am not good at posting... and I cannot do a real ride tomorrow. Will only be able to extend my commute a little.

Klaus Muehlbradt

Aug 6, 2012, 11:18:09 PM8/6/12
to lets-r...@googlegroups.com
I am so bad at posting. And I am behind on my Moab training. Anybody up for a Wednesday morning MTB cruise?

Proposed plan: Meet at Michaud at 6:15am. Ride a few loops using the 3 trails forking off of Michaud.

But as usual I am very open to any other ride, too.