Error Message when Starting a New Form

DataMax

Aug 17, 2012, 3:50:56 PM8/17/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Everyone,
I just updated my device to KoBoCollect 1.2 RC1(1006) and when I click "START NEW FORM" to load a form that I just edited, I get this error message:
Group <label> 'Location details of Shop': text is not localizable for default locale [English]
I haven't a clue what that has to do with. Anyhow, the form does not load.
If I got to "Edit Locales" in Kobo, I see a column for English but some rows don't seem to be filled in properly. A multi-select question I DELETED still has entries in Locale. (?!?!). I'm soooo confused.

Neil Hendrick

Aug 17, 2012, 4:15:10 PM8/17/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
DataMax,

Are you using multiple languages in your form?
What language is your phone set to use?

You are welcome to send your survey here and we'll take a look to see if we get the same error.

DataMax

Aug 17, 2012, 4:31:33 PM8/17/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
The phone is using English UK, but I just switched to English US to see if it would change anything. Didn't work.
As for the form, it has text in Swahili but we're fine using the English UK as primary language since it's the same alphabet. I just moved around some questions and saved the form, but getting that message. Essentially, it's the same form I was using the last survey...just with some new questions. Hmmmn.

Neil Hendrick

Aug 17, 2012, 4:34:09 PM8/17/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Did you build it in KoBoForm?

I am most interested to know what languages are set in the iText section.
There should be at least a section that says:

<translation lang="English">

~Neil

DataMax

Aug 17, 2012, 4:37:22 PM8/17/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
If I go into EDIT LOCALE while the form is in KoboForm, I see a column for "ID" and another for "English".
Oh, but the row for the offending text has a blank entry in the English column. That's because there was a "/" in the text of the ID column. I'm gonna reload and see. :-)

DataMax

DataMax

Aug 17, 2012, 4:52:41 PM8/17/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, it works now! So the GROUP text ID was this:
ENEO & MAELEZO YA SEHEMU YA MAUZO/ DUKA

But the English column was blank/empty. I replaced it with this: ENEO MAELEZO
There were 2 other GROUP ID entries that had a blank entry in the English field. I've also put something in said fields. Now, all is well! :-)
So that's something everyone should be aware off: Can't have weird symbols in Group names. :-)
And, yes, I did create the form in the latest Kobo Form. :-)

I'm now going to add that instanceID field thingy that Mitch told me about so as to prevent duplicate entries. :-)
<bind id="instanceID" nodeset="/Tracker/instanceID" type="string" readonly="true()" calculate="concat('uuid:', uuid())"/>
I'll keep you posted on my findings as I completed the last survey with 2501 records using 20 Android devices. The client was very happy with the results which was sent to ArcGIS so now Phase 2 starts on Monday...aiming for 3000 records. :-)
As always, thanks for the assistance. :-)

DataMax
=========

Neil Hendrick

Aug 18, 2012, 9:17:15 AM8/18/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Great news. Glad to hear it works. Maybe when you are done you could post a write up of how your project went to the list? We all love notes from the field.