Conditional multiple selects?

DataMax

Apr 14, 2012, 3:12:31 AM4/14/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious if this can be coded via KoboForms....
Scenario: You have a question (#3) that has the following multiple select options: A, B, C, D, E

If the user selects A, C E in #3, can question #4 (which is based on what the user selected in #3) once again show ONLY A, C & E as my options?
So now question 4 only shows the following multiple selects: A, C, E.
Is this possible at all?
How would you implement (code) it? It simply to avoid (reduce) data entry errors from the collectors. If not, we'll have to just put all possible multiple select options in question #4 -- like this: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, Other -- even though it is DEPENDENT on what was selected in question #3.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Hendrick

Apr 16, 2012, 3:16:25 PM4/16/12
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
DataMax,

Not exactly. You can have cascading selections, which is where one answer constrains the options in a subsequent question. Instructions here: http://www.kobotoolbox.org/support/userguide/koboform/cascadingselect

You can also do a lot of clever things with Skip Logic.

~Neil