KISSlicer 1.5 preview (and I'm not dead!)

lonesock (Jonathan)

Sep 3, 2014, 2:52:37 PM9/3/14
Hi, everybody!

As you know, I have been offline due to some life-craziness for an extended period.  The craziness is slowly receding, and I want to just say a huge 'Thank You!' to everyone here for your care and concern, and for helping each other out while I was away.  I also apologize for my lack of response to emails and such.

I do not have a great deal of time yet, so my plan for the short-term is to link to this forum from the KISSlicer website.  I am spending what time I do have on continued KISSlicer development, and the current result is attached to this post:

KISSlicer 1.4.x is the pre-release of the upcoming 1.5 version, and features:
  • Multiple-material objects
    • KISSlicer now supports 4 extruders
    • If you have a multi-extruder machine (and a PRO key), you can now (hopefully) print a single object with multiple materials!
    • Selecting multiple files in the [Open] dialog will import them all as a single model
    • sub-meshes in a single STL file will also be recognized
    • clicking on the model tile will bring up the Extruder Mapping Window (do this before slicing!)
    • you can now set an X & Y offset for extruders 2-4.
    • I do not have a multi-head machine, so I can't test this yet!
  • Improved translation support
    • there had been multiple controls where the translation did not get applied
    • there is still more to do here, notably the other windows
  • Some bug fixes
    • various
  • Some new bugs added
    • with multi-material objects, the loops and infill paths sometime don't print in the right order
    • already-sliced objects don't get 'reset' when you change the number of extruders in the machine, or the default model extruder
      • You can work around this by updating the extruder mapping window...even to the same values
    • other unknown bugs...this build is heavily untested, so please go easy on it and me! [8^)
This post should have the Win32 build attached.  I will try to get some other versions out in a while, hopefully after some feedback so I'm not just compiling cross-platform versions of show-stopping bugs.  [8^)

thanks,
Jonathan

EDITS:
  • Updated the Win32 build: fixes the loop/infill order bug, auto-selects the model when mapping the extruders, and can change extruders' priorities
  • Added the PayPal link
  • Added a Mac build (universal binary)
Apr 30 EDITS:
  • updated the windows build
    • fixed some bugs during wipe/destring (especially when there was a bed X&Y offset or an extruder X&Y offset)
    • option to load many STLs as a single multi-material model, or as a bunch of individual models
    • added option to not show the Extruder Mapping window when you click on the model tab (but you can bring it up by right clicking the model tab and selecting it from the pop-up menu.)
    • option to change the number of threads used when slicing (to reduce CPU load for people who slice while printing over a USB / serial link)
    • when changing the support Z-Roof, sheathe Z-Roof, material Fan Z, or the 'N Layers' under G-code, if you press [Enter] there will be a preview plane showing the height in the model.  You can hide the plane by pressing [Esc], slicing, or selecting a model tab.
  • Just updated to 1.4.1.3b, for both Win32 and Mac
    • Fixed a stupid bug that looked like a box of teal fog (if you've seen it, you'd know [8^)
May 2 EDITS:
  • Win32 build of 1.4.1.4 (Mac coming soon)
  • Fixed a very stupid bug (caused the layer height to revert to the base layer every second)
  • Preliminary round bed support (including the packer)
  • Improved the packer (and found another dumb bug)
  • fixed possible race condition that would crash when loading a bunch of large models
  • fixed possible OpenGL-related crash
May 3: Added Mac build 1.4.1.4

June 30 EDITS:
  • Mac and Windows versions of 1.4.4.4
  • new features...where to start...
    • basic sequential printing (
      • added <MAXZ> token (for moves over existing objects)
      • added a diagonal non-overlap packing mode
    • optional Support-Object interface can be made solid
    • selected profiles visible to the left of the settings
    • Brim (single layer or multi, and filleted! try it out!)
    • improved seam placement (especially on straight walls)
    • extreme speed-ups, especially on large meshes with multiple sub-meshes
    • Added some preset color schemes
    • Added a [Set Infill %] button
  • I will try to get the other operating systems' builds out soon!
July 8 EDITS:
  • Version 1.4.4.6
  • In the material selection drop-down box KS now marks materials as UNASSIGNED (highlights it red) or which extruder(s) have them mapped
  • Improved the Loop order (had de-optimized it when adding the brim [8^)
  • No longer leaves a gap in the support from where an inner brim would have been (only outer brim is kept)
  • re-ordered the [Preferences] menu
  • There are Win32/64 and Mac builds, hopefully Linux builds tomorrow
  • July 9 - just added the Linux builds!
Sept 3 EDITS:
  • Version 1.4.5.10
  • This will (most likely) be the official Beta 1 to go on the website
  • Small Things
    • Save the most recent used directory
    • disable auto-rotate for a single object, unless it won't fit on the build plate
    • reduced number of characters in combined output filenames
    • Update the color key on material change
  • Intermediate Things
    • Brim selects the extruder with the most perimeter already in use (in case of multiple materials on the base layer)
    • Crowning works better (still not great)
    • Added <WARM1> through <WARM4> tokens for pre-heating all extruders at the start
    • Improved the case when the slicing plane sat exactly on a surface
    • Fixed a support-angle bug
    • improved handling of sharp edges and bad meshes (a bit [8^)
  • Bigger Things
    • Added a Gap in the loops to reduce seam
    • Inverted sub-meshes now can map to the void extruder (for things like a hollow space inside a part)
  • Broken Things
    • Using a negative inset with a brim is bad
    • the time estimates (and thus the percent done <%> token) in the G-code do not match the more accurate estimate
      • they don't take into account extruder heating time yet
KISSlicer_Win64_1_4_5_10.rename2zip
KISSlicer_Win32_1_4_5_10.rename2zip
KISSlicer_Mac_1_4_5_10.zip
KISSlicer_Linux64_1_4_5_10.zip
KISSlicer_Linux32_1_4_5_10.zip

Peter Gregory

Apr 23, 2014, 12:55:26 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Welcome back!
I am VERY glad to hear you are interested in continuing development on KISSlicer.
You have quite a following here.
Check out the work done with the post processor CubeItMod - it does a great job working with Cubex machines.
You also have some resources here for testing and programming if you need to share the load.

Joseph Chiu

Apr 23, 2014, 1:00:53 PM4/23/14
to lonesock (Jonathan), kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear you're back!  Looking forward to seeing future versions of your wonderful product and to recommend the pro versions to others...  The updates sound great!

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM, lonesock (Jonathan) <lone...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I also plan to make a discounted PayPal Buy Now button to post on this thread, as a thank you, and to open the field to people testing the pre-release builds.

thanks,
Jonathan

Matej Rozman

Apr 23, 2014, 1:30:47 PM4/23/14
to Joseph Chiu, lonesock (Jonathan), kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Thank you!
I think the answer is always 42. In this case weeks of your abscence. Anyway glad to have you back!

toranarod

Apr 23, 2014, 3:07:44 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow So great to hear from you.   3D printing here we come. Good news for all BFB fans   I am heavily invested in 3D system machines. I can more than test Multiple Extruder prints.

Once Again nice to know all is well.
cheers

Jonathan Lawrence

Apr 23, 2014, 4:16:22 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Excellent to hear you are alive and well!

Multi-material support in KISSlicer was the only thing holding me back from installing multiple extruders.  Off to mod my machine yet again.  Keep up the excellent work.

hugues

Apr 23, 2014, 4:24:30 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What a good news ! Thanks to be back !
I will test with my cubex + cubeitmod !

Joe Stefano

Apr 23, 2014, 5:16:56 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
GREAT to have you back!!!!

Les Jones II

Apr 23, 2014, 5:37:46 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello, new to KS. I have registered version, but it seems very ignorant as to printers, materials etc. I am thinking that I need to create or populate the . ini files.  Appreciate help with doing this or what it is that I need to do.. Also glad to hear you are feeling better and back to having some fun with these crazy machines.  Was unable to post new message because of "improper tags". No idea what to do about that.
Thanks!

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:16:56 PM UTC-5, Joe Stefano wrote:
GREAT to have you back!!!!
Message has been deleted

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 6:48:42 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan ,
I'm happy you're back.
My Cubex is already printing a 2 material part sliced with your Kisslicer 1.5 and post processed with my CubeItMod V4.0
I hope you'll look at CubeItMod and put into KS some of the features of the post processor, because it really improves the quality of the printing on Cubex machines and maybe some of these features can be applied on other printers.
Feel free to ask any questions if you need informations.

Giovanni

Isaac Thompson

Apr 23, 2014, 7:08:52 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Good to see you are back! I've been using kisslicer on my typeA series 1 and i love it. The only improvements I can think of are:

Bridging (it looks like other slicers increase the flow rate when crossing bridges)

Ability to set the density of support near the model surface, and ability to set a distance from the supported surface that it switches from sparse support to dense support.

Printing shells for a quad copter today, they're just .7mm thick walls and they are coming out very nice.

Chris Burger

Apr 23, 2014, 7:34:51 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Back!

Are you looking for feedback at all on this release? or is this just a "look where it is" sort of release?

Luis E. Rodriguez

Apr 23, 2014, 8:11:29 PM4/23/14
to Chris Burger, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anybody have the proper .ini files for an UM2? I loved using this on the UM Original and just didn't save any of those settings. I'll just start over unless someone can help me out. Great news!

Luis E. Rodriguez

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Chris Burger <uberme...@gmail.com> wrote:
Welcome Back!

Are you looking for feedback at all on this release? or is this just a "look where it is" sort of release?

Boris Camelo

Apr 23, 2014, 9:49:54 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan, Great!. Thank you for your words. Kisliser it's awesome!

A. Elias

Apr 23, 2014, 10:16:16 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome that your back!

Matej Rozman

Apr 24, 2014, 2:54:39 AM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

have just tried the version published, and everihing is as easy as expected from kiss. Have not tested the code, but have tried slicing and it is super easy! Now need to only find time to give code a spin.

BTW, you probalby are aware of this, Im running on win32 machine and I get gliching of the screen whitch is very unfriendly to the eyes. Just thought to mentione it. Otherwise perfect GUI&user expirience with multiple meshes.

Question or Feature request if you want; would it be possible to slice two different meshes with two different settings? Lets say I draw my own support(soluble) and I dont want to use so much infill, nor perimeters No. for the support=decrease printing time&material usage.

Many thanks,

Matej

Plamen Barzakov

Apr 24, 2014, 4:18:47 AM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
It will be awesome if you add an option for the Support to be with 100% density (at least on the top layers). This is the way Stratasys machines work and it gives perfect surface quality where the object meets the support.
Afterwards the support material is dissolved and no additional finishing is required. I bought the PRO license long time ago and so far this is the only thing that I'm missing...

John F Wiederhirn

Apr 24, 2014, 4:27:12 AM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Really looking forward to giving the Mac version a try!  The Windows x86 version seems pretty functional.  Glad you're back, and hope things are going well.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2014, 5:41:03 AM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Dual color works just fine, good job, you make me regret we didn't buy a Trio but just a Duo.

Stephen Brinks

Apr 24, 2014, 9:34:35 AM4/24/14
to giovanni...@gmail.com, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

I luv this version. Just gave it a quick go on Winx64 (all i have available) and printed this dual color traffic cone on my r3dback2 delta printer.
Not bad for a first go.
When i first started using it the model color would update as i changed extruder selections but now it does not update but still prints in the right positions. Not sure if this is a bug or winx64 compat problem.
My r3dback2 has a triple extruder head, anyone know where i can get a triple color model to try?

Cheers
Traffic cone.jpg
Traffic cone Kisslicer.jpg

Jonathan Lawrence

Apr 24, 2014, 10:02:23 AM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, giovanni...@gmail.com
Sketched something up real quick if you want to try...
TrippleCone.STL
TrippleCone.PNG

EdK

Apr 24, 2014, 11:14:40 AM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Jonathan.

Slicing a test piece, SINGLE extruder.
This new version causes a lot of traveling back to near the home position, slowly and unnecessarily:
)settings were not identical between old gcode and new)

Old Version Produced:
; 'Wipe (and De-string)', 0.0 [feed mm/s], 88.3 [head mm/s]
G1 E14.9256 F4800

This preview version:
; 'Wipe (and De-string) Path', 0.0 [feed mm/s], 88.1 [head mm/s]
G1 X125.98 Y70.07 E17.0388 F21240
G1 X10.98 Y12.97 E16.6388 F4800                ; **** spurious travel
G1 X125.71 Y69.8 E16.6388 F5287.3

Ed Koffeman

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 24, 2014, 11:22:20 AM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everybody!

Thanks for all the kind words!!  (And I really did LOL at the '42 weeks' comment!)

Feedback is welcome, but for right now it is probably best to restrict it to what did and didn't work on this build.  I will have time for feature requests later, but multi-material objects is my current focus.  Speaking of...

NICE PRINTS, guys!!  It is so exciting to see that it worked!  I found the bug causing the touching loop & infills to not print at the same time, so I will post a build here soon.  Linux will come next, followed by Mac once I get my build machine back up (maybe early next week?).

BIG FAT NOTE: KISSlicer does not handle multiple models the same way as other slicers.  Mesh overlaps are fine!  In fact, that was a primary design goal.  The extruders have a priority assigned, which is currently fixed as: Void is most important, then ext 1, then 2, then 3, then 4.  (This will be changeable, per model, soon).  So go ahead and load 2 meshes that overlap.  The part that is extruder 1 will trump the part that is extruder 2.  I figured that high $ CAD packages let you do boolean algebra on solid models, but most artist / mesh tools do not, and why make the modeler have to deal with that?

Thanks again, everyone!
Jonathan

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 24, 2014, 2:20:35 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi again.

I just edited the first post: updated the Win32 build to fix a few bugs and streamline the process a bit.  I also added a PayPal link for a discounted PRO Key ($24).  I _really_ hope I don't offend anyone who just purchased the key!!

If this build is working OK, I will try to get the other platforms compiled ASAP.

thanks,
Jonathan

Les Jones II

Apr 24, 2014, 3:22:06 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
HI Jonathan,  I did just purchase the key day before yesterday. But, I won't be unhappy if I can get some help setting up.  I have discovered that I can modify the .ini files to reflect my machine..Question is how do I make multiple .ini files so that the drop down menus work for materials, etc.
Thanks!
ljonesii

Dismantled

Apr 24, 2014, 3:51:41 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,
glad to read you again.
Welcome back!
EDIT:  Here is the PayPal link: $24 (instead of $42), and for a limited time...not sure how long, but don't want to offend people buying it from the website either!

thanks,
Jonathan

EDITS:
  • Updated the Win32 build: fixes the loop/infill order bug, auto-selects the model when mapping the extruders, and can change extruders' priorities
  • Added the PayPal link

Steven

Apr 24, 2014, 4:09:59 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Les,

Don't update the .ini files manually.  Kisslicer will update the ini files.  To create multiple materials click the "Copy Material" button.  Same for Styles, supports, and printer.

Steven

Les Jones II

Apr 24, 2014, 5:08:15 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steven, Forgot to mention I do not get and "advanced" option under "preferences" like it refers to in the tutorial.  Has that changed?
Thanks!

Steven

Apr 24, 2014, 5:23:45 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
That might be from an older version.  I just checked the new beta and the "old standard" 1.1.014.  It was not there.  Search the forum for "idiots guide" for additional help.

John F Wiederhirn

Apr 24, 2014, 7:49:42 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what you consider "recently" but I bought a full-price key last month, however I've made enough use of Kisslicer to justify it.  In fact, I just purchased another key at the discount just to show my support for renewed development.  If you need help building/testing Mac version, let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

toranarod

Apr 24, 2014, 8:57:48 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I agree.  I already have a a pro licence.     I will do the same.  The best 3D slicer out there and he lowers the price.    He is a great programmer and a humanitarian.

Brian Bland

Apr 25, 2014, 5:25:03 AM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Just bought a Pro license. Now just need time to figure out the settings for my printer.

Brian

Chris Welch

Apr 25, 2014, 9:24:13 AM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Silly question here...
Does kisslicer support corexy?
If so I'll make the purchase as well :)

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 25, 2014, 12:04:11 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all!

Thanks for the support!

I'm attaching the KISSlicer logo STL file with the 4 sub-meshes, so if anyone wants to print it with multiple colors...[8^)

I tried compiling for Mac late last night, and ran into a problem: the program controls looked fine, but the 3D window just kept flickering without displaying the model.  I'm hoping it is a simple fix, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to get running.  I will work on that over the weekend and let you know how it is progressing.  Hopefully the Linux versions will come up relatively painlessly.

thanks,
Jonathan

KS_logo_multi.zip

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 25, 2014, 12:11:14 PM4/25/14
Hi, Chris.

I'm not entirely sure about corexy.  KISSlicer just generates G-code.  It would probably be best just to try the free version first.  [8^)

Jonathan

frozen...@yahoo.com

Apr 25, 2014, 1:42:48 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
GLAD YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!

Have you been addressing issues and feature requests from the old forum?

Looking at separate speed controls for Infill and Support material, and the issue with outside corner errors with Crowning settings that I posted sample images of, sharp corners with Crowning off but some layers with clipped corners with Crowning on.

Steve

Luis E. Rodriguez

Apr 25, 2014, 2:30:28 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jonathon for the PayPal link, just bought it! Glad to start using this again, I only have a Mac now but I do use VmWare Fusion, I'll give it a go with my Ultimakers!

James Zatopa

Apr 25, 2014, 5:21:20 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
So glad to hear your well!!!!

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 26, 2014, 2:01:31 AM4/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick update, then I need to go to bed:

There is a Mac build in the first post!

Hopefully this works, let me know if not.

Good night,
Jonathan

Michael Hackney

Apr 26, 2014, 12:19:11 PM4/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
How about we let you know if it does! It does.

I was running the windows version in VMWare Fusion on my mac and that was fine. But the Mac version is working well and preferred. I'll be posting some 2 and 3 color fly fishing reel parts printed with my 4 extruder Kraken on a Rostock Max soon.

Cheers,
Michael

yan sb

Apr 26, 2014, 3:37:33 PM4/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

thank you very much for the PRO Key rebate ( i take it ;) ) and BIG Welcome back :D

Florian Horsch

Apr 27, 2014, 9:44:03 AM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I can't tell you how high I jumped when I've heard that you're still with us. Jonathan - I'm very relieved that you're doing ok. Personally I can live with the 42 answer, but please think about setting up a "Jonathan ping service" somewhere, were we can just check your vitals from time to time.

Looking at the KS side of things: Yes, as part of the DeltaTower.de team I can say that Kisslicer is still producing the best prints out there (in most categories). I mean Cura is awesome as well - with a way nicer UI, but hey... you can't get everything I guess. So it felt like a big loss when the development stopped (and I just recently understood that there's no chance to do true multi-material building with the v1.1 version). Now the updates comes just in time and we'll try to contribute to testing as much as we can. Also I bought another version of KS just to show my personal happiness :-)

Thanks Ben, for reaching out (and actually succeeding with this mission impossible!) and big thank you to Jonathan for being back to the game. Please let me personally and the community know if we can help you set everything onto a more robust foundation to stop you getting lost another time. I still would love to ship KS with every machine we're selling and I'm sure other vendors would like to do this as well. That alone should give you a great financial parachute to whatever is up next in your life.

BTW: Let me know if there's any chance that you join us for FabCon 3.D (huge 3d-printing event in Erfurt, Germany) from 15-17. May. Please have a look at the attached agenda, featuring guys like Josef Prusa, David Braam (Cura), Roland Littwin (Repetier.com), Gina Häußge (Octoprint.org) and many many others... if you would like to have a trip to Germany I would seriously consider to make it happen co-sponsored by us. Let make FabCon a Jonathan revival party :-D Drop me a mail!

@to_all_others: Feel free to come as well! It's gonna be good.

And one last thing: Big thank you to funBart for keeping all of us together in recent months. Great job!

Take care & talk to you soon in more length
Florian

  • Added a Mac build (universal binary)
Community_Agenda_FabCon_3.D_2014.pdf

Snowfly

Apr 27, 2014, 11:53:08 AM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Good to know you are back in action jonathan ;)

Just one question... would it be possible to use this plugin someway on kisslicer...
That was made with python script so I think importing it to kisslicer shouldn't be that difficult...
I can code with C# so can give you some help if you need it... with the little free time what I have...
Would help so much to get nice finish on curved faces :)

Boris Camelo

Apr 27, 2014, 3:10:25 PM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan, thank for the news features. I want know if it is possible add one new features to kisslicer.

1: User can change layer height for first layer, this feature makes it easier to print the high-resolution models.

Thank you for your attention,

Boris Camelo,

Isaac Thompson

Apr 27, 2014, 6:44:07 PM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
this is already a feature under "printer" tab, click "hardware" and adjust the "bed roughness" field. this adds the bed roughness value to the thickness of the first layer

off topic/bug report:

i'm using the new beta, and one thing i've noticed in the GUI is that while moving through layers in "models + paths" view, i can drag the slider to look at different layers but it only shows the layer for a few seconds and then reverts to showing the very bottom layer, although the slider stays in the same position.

Matt Hoover

Apr 27, 2014, 7:07:21 PM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
AWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Welcome back we have missed you!!!!  So glad you are okay.  I am going to test multicolor tonight, and try to post the results.

IMO no offense to Funbart and the moderators, but google groupls is a pain in the rear end and would love to get back to the forum we had on kisslicer or something that is a little more user friendly.  I know Penske Guy expressed the same about reviving the old forum.  Maybe give funbart control over it on the kissliser website????

Anyways, I started playing with cura while you had gone missing.  Both are superior to everything else I have read about and tried.  Big thanks to Daid and Jonathan.

Thanks
Matt

Matt Hoover

Apr 27, 2014, 8:18:23 PM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Hoover

Apr 27, 2014, 8:40:11 PM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Sorry the pictures are so ugly  ;)

Observations/Questions:
I need to adjust the offset between my dual extruders.
Is there a way to wipe off both extruders at color change? Or should I just make a wider wipeoff blade?

Green Was Ext 2
Blk Was Ext 1

Process:
Heated ext2 only at the start of the program
Printed the cube up to where the "C" base point started
Returned to heat and prime station
Set ext2 to 180 and had about 8-10mm of oozed filament hanging off of it.
Set ext1 to 180
Reached ext1 to 180
Set ext1 to 230
Reached 230 and primed ext1
Continued printing base of letter "C"
Returned to heat and prime station
Set ext1 to 180 and set ext2 to 230 and had about 8-10mm of oozed filament hanging off of ext1.
Reached 230 and primed ext2
Finished ext2 part of print
Returned to heat and prime station
Set ext2 to 180 and set ext1 to 230 and had about 8-10mm of oozed filament hanging off of ext2.
Finished ex1 part

Davide Ardizzoia

Apr 28, 2014, 12:18:30 PM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
glad to read that KS is still alive (and Jonathan, TOO!)

Tried the beta, and apart from screen flicker, I am experiencing an annoying move to 0,0 every now and then.
Am I missing something ?

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

aaron ramsey

Apr 28, 2014, 1:02:05 PM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Same thing happens to me. I think that Kisslicer is trying to change extruders even though only 1 extruder is defined and in use.

At least that was my guess last night when I gave the new beta version a shot.

Aaron

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 28, 2014, 1:09:03 PM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I haven't experienced that, but will look into it.  I may ask for the setting files or the output G-code, if I can't duplicate this problem on my own.

Jonathan

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 28, 2014, 1:52:27 PM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I just posted an updated Win32 build on this thread.  Could you please try it out and see if the problem(s) persist(s)?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Isaac Thompson

Apr 28, 2014, 3:58:31 PM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I just sliced a part for the typeA using the original posted beta and it wanted to move over near 0,0 between every line of Gcode. it wasnt' actually 0,0, but just moving as far as possible toward 0,0 from wherever each line of code ended. all the moves were parallel to each other.
i haven't tried the new win32 build yet.

the weird thing is the moves didn't show up when i previewed the part and paths in the GUI

Chris Welch

Apr 28, 2014, 10:15:26 PM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I had/have the same thing happening.
I disabled De-String, and it stopped doing that 0,0 run...

Chris Burger

Apr 29, 2014, 12:18:26 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar issue, but it isn't 0,0 it is actually negative values for X and Y. I tried the new build you suggested, but with no success. the issue seems to be upon wipe/destring

; 'Support Interface Path', 2.0 [feed mm/s], 50.0 [head mm/s]
G1 X129.9 Y184.03 E26.8301 F6000
G1 X129.47 Y184.02 E26.8476 F3000
;
; 'Wipe (and De-string) Path', 0.0 [feed mm/s], 50.0 [head mm/s]
G1 X-18.78 Y-10.58 E25.9976 F2400                                           <----------------**THIS**
G1 X129.47 Y184.02 E25.9976 F3000
G1 X129.9 Y184.03 E25.9976
G1 X129.47 Y184.02 E25.9976
G1 X129.47 Y184.02 Z1.44 E25.9976 F120

This is very dangerous for me, my print head actually can not home all 3 axis simultaneously, as i have modifications that will hit the Y axis bed clamp (mendelmax 2.0) My Gcode prefix looks like this to accommodate:

; *** G-code Prefix ***
;
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90
G0 Z15.0 F2000
G28 X0.0 Y0.0
G0 Y30.0 F2000
G28 Z0.0
G1 Z15 F300 ; lift nozzle
G0 E3 F600

So every single time it tries to wipe/destring it attempts to go to some arbitrary negative location, and it is not consistently placed.

Gcode generated before new 32 build, using KISSlicerx64 v1.4.1.2  https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wmayd2key9g0bi/Gcode%20pre-win32-rebuild
Gcode generated after new win32 build                                         https://www.dropbox.com/s/h037ngf3nlcyc6o/Gcode%20post-win32-rebuild3
 _materials.ini                                                                             https://www.dropbox.com/s/70aspwkao8b3jvw/_materials.ini
_printers.ini                                                                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjo2uijrpa0pkzl/_printers.ini
_Styles.ini                                                                                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6xksh67wdc98v7/_styles.ini
_Supports.ini                                                                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oawjih745cavyp/_supports.ini

I love the KISS engine, but i am unable to enjoy it as this is not acceptable risk to me

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 29, 2014, 1:14:41 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha!  The fact that it is related to destring is very useful, thanks!  I will look at this issue tomorrow.

Jonathan

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 29, 2014, 11:27:38 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I posted an updated version for testing to this thread.  If you guys could test it out I would appreciate it.  If it fixes the problem I will update the first post of this thread.

thanks,
Jonathan

Chris Burger

Apr 29, 2014, 2:30:09 PM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Tried the new version, to no avail, replied to you there. I will keep any further issues related to this, on that thread

auctio...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2014, 12:42:57 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
First of all Jonathan... I would like to Thank You for all your sacrifice and hard work to make still to this date the best Slicer. KISSLicer v1.1.0.14 has always exceed my expectation in the speed in which it slices, smart tool paths and the superior quality of my prints. Your software is far, far superior in comparison to skeinforge, cura and the always unusable and bug riddled Slic3r.

KISSlicer is used for printing 14-16 hours a day, 6 days a week here at my design firm.
In my case your software is used to produce complex and close tolerance functional engineering prototypes.
Printing PLA @0.1mm Layer Height with +- 0.05mm tolerance for all dimensional shapes (except slightly undersized hole I.D.s).
No printing of... toys, trinkets, low quality prints, or other useless printed objects.  Without your slicer my printer would be a useless toy trinket printer.

Without your software, my design business, would be paying out the big bucks to companies such as Statasys and 3D Systems just to have a "decent slicer".  Thank you again for allowing my business to function, and not to get raped by the corporate big boys of 3D Printers.  I always said to myself thank god/Jonathan that I have KISSlicer to use, otherwise I would be screwed.

SO I URGE... Everyone to endorse Jonathans's return buy purchasing the PRO License Key in his post for $24, as I did this morning.  This is a great way for the community to show support for the best slicer available.

Okay, so here is what features are vital to me for any new upcoming release...
Part geometry must be considered before adding multiple extruders !
  • MUST have brim like Slic3R and Skeinforge v50 (with added brim plugin).  Multiple extruders are not any good if the print does not stick to the print bed.  So I feel this is a first priority for any new upcoming releases.  I get tired of always designing a brim on to my SolidWorks part files before slicing.  I print on heated glass bed (leveled to within +-.001"), and just the thought of using ludicrous methods such as blue painters tape, hairspray, PVA etc. goes against my grain as a manufacturing engineer of 25+ years.
  • MUST have bridging capabilities (speed and flow adjustments).
  • MUST have a way to disable internal support.
IMHO... After the above absolutely necessary features are added to your software, then add multiple extruders.  Make the software work for the printed geometry first, then worry about the very few out there with multiple extruders.  This makes the most sense to me.

Engineers and business people like myself are more than will to pay you fairly for your work, and use of your software.  Toy and trinket printers not so much.  I think your market really should be for all of us out here, hence your PRO Key suits the bill.

Jonathan, I would like to THANK YOU AGAIN... for helping make my business a success.  And glad to here your are alive and well.

Best Regards,

Shawn

P.S. And for all the people out there that had an attitude towards your seemingly abandonment of KISSlicer, as I posted around several times, give the guy a break, you expect him/Jonathan to work for free, sacrifice his life, friends and family, so what you can have the best slicer available.  Sometimes other things in a person life takes priority and or life gets a little to busy.  So for all the critical selfish people out there, they need to get real and get a clue, it's not all about them wanting to slice a file, other people want and have a life to live.

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 30, 2014, 1:38:14 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Updated the Windows build to fix some bugs and add a few small features.  You definitely want to update to this one.

Sorry, no Mac or Linux builds yet, but they are coming ASAP!

Shawn, thanks for the kind words!  I am very glad KISSlicer is helping.  There are definitely a bunch of things KISSlicer still lacks, and I will be tackling them as time permits.  Prioritizing them is always tough.  Multi-material objects has been in the plan since the beginning, and while I don't have a multi-head printer (yet), that is one feature that I believe people expect when they purchase the PRO Key.  Also, as far as I know, no other slicer handles this the same way (where mesh overlap is preferred, instead of forbidden), so I am excited for this feature to get some exposure.  [8^)  There is a wishlist thread on this forum, and I have copied down all the entries into my ToDo list, and of course I added yours as well.  Regarding complaints, I have found that this community is one of the best I have _ever_ seen, and while there are some complaints, there is also mutual support.  I'm very happy with the overall package!  [8^)

thanks,
Jonathan

Florian Horsch

Apr 30, 2014, 1:41:50 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I want to second the need for a brim feature! That would be VERY helpful and is like a new standard for making a print stick.

Also I want to comment on the "PS" part: Personally I think Jonathan could make a good living from his software, if he adds a couple of things here and there. Speaking from a 3D printer vendor perspective: I want to include this with every machine I'm selling, just because it makes my printer look better than ever before.

In this sense: Let's make it a great release and it's going to be better than ever before for Jonathan and his family.

Take care
Florian

Tom Tumilty

Apr 30, 2014, 2:11:34 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Great Jonathan but stupid question where do I find the update?
Tom

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 13:41:50 UTC-4, Florian Horsch wrote:
I want to second the need for a brim feature! That would be VERY helpful and is like a new standard for making a print stick.

Also I want to comment on the "PS" part: Personally I think Jonathan could make a good living from his software, if he adds a couple of things here and there. Speaking from a 3D printer vendor perspective: I want to include this with every machine I'm selling, just because it makes my printer look better than ever before.e update?

lonesock (Jonathan)

Apr 30, 2014, 2:16:38 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
It should be attached to the first post in this thread.  It is a zip file, masquerading as a not-zip file, so Google will let me post an executable.  [8^)

Jonathan

Tom Tumilty

Apr 30, 2014, 2:20:59 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks :-)
Tom

Isaac Thompson

Apr 30, 2014, 6:39:52 PM4/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
For those of you printing on glass, if you are printing with PLA, i have been using a glue stick (Elmer's Extra Strength) on cold glass, with the z-height set to just under the thickness of 1 sheet of standard printer paper. I print on cold glass (because i don't have a heated bed yet) and have not had a single part curl since i have started printing this way. it also leaves no visible residue on the part. (i print with white pla, there's a chance it would show up on a dark color such as black) but i believe if it did show up it could be simply washed off in warm water. definitely worth a try if you haven't tried it already.

I'll be downloading and testing the latest version of the slicer momentarily

-Isaac

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 1, 2014, 1:36:27 AM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone!

New build up for Win32 and Mac: 1.4.1.3b

Fixed the "teal fog" bug under Windows, and a matching Mac build.  Tomorrow I will try to crank out some Linux builds.

Isaac, nice tip!  I will try it on acrylic, out of an overabundance of optimism! [8^)  Please let me know how testing with the new KISSlicer goes!

thanks,
Jonathan

ffre...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 5:38:32 AM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi lonesock and others, I know this new beta version is 32 bit, my windows 8 is x64 and when I start Kisslicer v1.4.1 3b (and the previous new beta versions) it always crashes at startup "Kisslicer has stopped working". Kisslicer opens, I am presented with the familiar interface and then a dialog box opens with the stopped working message. Can not get past this even in compatability modes.

I have other 32 bit programs running on 64 bit systems, I assumed this would not be a problem but apparently it is.

Anyone else running the beta 32 bit successfully on win8 x64?

Thanks and regards - fred

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 6:05:37 AM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've win 7 64bits and the KSbeta works.

toranarod

May 1, 2014, 8:48:55 AM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I run Windows 8.1 64 bit on a Core i7.  KISSclicer runs 32 bit and 64 bit  No problem. Just to clarify You are running 8 Not 8.1  Micro Soft said 8.1 was set-up for 3d printing.
When I had 8 It was a pain for 3D printing I always needed to disable certificates

frozen...@yahoo.com

May 1, 2014, 9:04:41 AM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Windows 8.1 being "set-up for 3D printing" has nothing to do with KISSlicer running or crashing.

Jesse Laird

May 1, 2014, 11:08:31 AM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Windows 8 (not 8.1) x64 here.  I've run each new x32 release candidate since Jonathan returned and all ran/sliced with no errors.  I didn't have to do anything with program compatibility; they just ran.

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 1, 2014, 11:19:39 AM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Fred.

It's possible that this is an issue of file permissions.  Depending on if your account is an administrator or not, and where the KISSlicer executable is placed you can run into problems.  Directories like Program Files can be problematic.  If you place the executable in some other random directory, does anything change when you run it?

thanks,
Jonathan

Les Jones II

May 1, 2014, 12:42:40 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
HI, need some help. Please tell mewhat I am missing here. I have a Wanhao Duplicator 4.  I have imported a .stl file into Kisslicer, sliced it, created a Gcode file which I now have to run through RepG or Makerware to create my .X3G file. And the .X3G file does not work after processing through RepG.   So what do I need Kisslicer for?  Especially since I have to make corrections in the Gcode for anything that was not done in Kisslicer. Offsets etc. (Now, I am assuming that this could be done in KS.)
Thanks!!
And what are the tags necessary for posting. I get the error message when I try to do an original post.

Rick Zehr

May 1, 2014, 1:18:27 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The Mac version is completely unusable due to a massive bug: when I slice a piece that is about the size and shape of my thumb, the Paths view reveals that copies of the first couple of layers are repeatedly inserted every few mm up the stack - maybe eight or ten times.

Paul Dumke

May 1, 2014, 2:12:38 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jonathan,

I'm new to Kisslicer and am able to use v1.1 without any problems however v1.413b crashes on opening with the following error:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    KISSlicer.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5361db55
  Fault Module Name:    ig4dev32.dll
  Fault Module Version:    8.14.10.1930
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4aba6fdd
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00003e88
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

funBart

May 1, 2014, 3:32:36 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,
First of all: as premium slicer collector, with special interest in multi color slicers, I'm very impressed by your solution how to handle multi stl's, even capable to recognise meshes in stl's, and being able to map an extruder to each individual mesh. That's already wrinkling my brain...
But oh, no. That's not enough for mister Show-Off. He even makes it possible to do some Boolean operations within that models. Did we ask for that? Do you want to make us unemployed? Now everybody can do that fancy stuff we made a lot of money with. Thank you sir!..... not!

And of course all the support for multi coloured thingies is generated where it belongs. Boring! We want that support generated like Simplify3D! Completely ignoring the other extruder!

But ok, if you really want to be 42 weeks ahead of the competition, I have some bugs for you to fix mister! That will slow you down! Whoehahahahaha!
  • All the loop paths are printed at the same speed as the solid infill. In earlier days it was extrapolated between the solid infill speed and the perimeter speed. A separate setting for the Loop speed would be nice, or going back to the extrapolation of speed.
  • When saving the default filename (In win7 x64) it says " could not create file"  it's not a permission thingy, as it will save ok when changing the file name.
  • sometimes, after slicing / changing some settings / reslicing, the slider of the layers of the " path"  view is sticky to the bottom layer.
  • the inset function will make the object outside smaller (wit a positive value), but is making an internal hole bigger. One should expect that the internal hole will be smaller as well. (screenshots attached)
  • after a lot of testing of the multi meshes and boolean stuff, I only discovered one minor glitch of an loop flattened to much (see screenshot)
BTW: the inset function will be handy with multi coloured objects to melt the two colours more together. I slight negative value will make the objects bigger in XY and blending the different colours.

Bart

[...]

toranarod

May 1, 2014, 4:01:13 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I totally agree the system should not matter in regards the KISSlicer.  Its just have you tried it. Over all 8.1 made a difference on every level.

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 1, 2014, 4:36:38 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Rick, I only sliced 2 test parts on the Mac build, so it's quite possible a bug crept in.  Could you please attach a zip of the STL and your settings used (INI files, and maybe the G-code output file so I can see that as well).

Regarding the crashes on Windows, The only crash I have experienced is when loading multiple large STLs at the same time...some kind of race condition between the loader, and the code that maps the extruder heads to each sub-mesh.  I develop primarily on 2 machines: Win8 and a Win8.1.  I also have a Win7 machine that I haven't used in a few weeks.  Admittedly I am not the typical user...I try to disable all the GUI fluff, and I run an admin account by default.  (I'm one of the crusty guys who wishes Win2k was still supported, or even had a 64-bit edition.  [8^)  Anyway, all I can suggest is please try a variety of directories to run it from (definitely do not run it from the zip file), and maybe try it logged in as administrator.  Please do keep me up to date though...a crashing app is never fun, and I want KISSlicer to just work!

Bart, thanks!  I have copied the bug list to my ToDo doc, and will be hammering away at the bugs.

thanks,
Jonathan

EdK

May 1, 2014, 4:53:45 PM5/1/14
On 5/1/2014 2:32 PM, funBart wrote:
  • the inset function will make the object outside smaller (wit a positive value), but is making an internal hole bigger. One should expect that the internal hole will be smaller as well. (screenshots attached)

I think that is the correct and desired behavior. The periphery is pulled back everywhere from outside towards inside by the Inset amount.  It has been exactly what I have needed a number of times. (And love that both positive and negative values are allowed.)

Now, that being said, I'd like the inside diameter of round holes to be tweakable too. Or simply made more accurate. But that is not something that I would want to use Inset to change, since it would then affect the entire part's dimensions.

Ed

funBart

May 1, 2014, 5:57:31 PM5/1/14

On Thursday, 1 May 2014 22:53:45 UTC+2, Edkman wrote:
On 5/1/2014 2:32 PM, funBart wrote:
  • the inset function will make the object outside smaller (wit a positive value), but is making an internal hole bigger. One should expect that the internal hole will be smaller as well. (screenshots attached)

I think that is the correct and desired behavior. The periphery is pulled back everywhere from outside towards inside by the Inset amount.  It has been exactly what I have needed a number of times. (And love that both positive and negative values are allowed.)

Maybe it's about what you want to have compensated:
  • if it's a calibration of the XY steps as defined in the firmware, I suppose you want the behaviour I describe: uniform scaling: outside larger, holes larger. OTOH, you can do that with the normal scale function (although that's in Z direction as well).
  • if it's compensating some over extrusion of the perimeter it does the job well:  the outside a little smaller for the over extrusion to compensate, and holes a little bigger for the over extrusion. So probably it make more sense to keep it as it is!
I remember that others reported a bug regarding internal holes as well: as I remember correctly: normally the centre of the extrusion path is offset at half of the extrusion width inwards. I think that someone reported that this was done wrong with holes: the centre of the extrusion path was offset a half path width to the centre of the hole, making it totally a extrusion width to small.
Does someone know, or is it solved already? Or is Alzheimer kicking in?
Bart

Isaac Thompson

May 1, 2014, 6:40:56 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
as far as i can tell it offsets holes correctly. as long as i am printing with good plastic that is well behaved, my holes come out almost exactly the size i draw them. i am generally using a surface inset of .14mm

i'm using win7x64 and haven't had any problems at all with the latest build. just printed a new lower suspension arm for my XTM Monster MT radio control monster truck last night! everything worked great. still hoping for a vertical separation spacing option on the support ;)

-isaac
Message has been deleted

Rick Zehr

May 1, 2014, 7:43:54 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Unable to reproduce the issue. Sigh.

Matej Rozman

May 2, 2014, 1:28:35 AM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Leave holes and inset as it is. It works perfect.
It will always be problem with smaller holes becoase of the plastics properties, but I get holes from 8mm spot on with KS. If you get more than 8mm holes smaller, your calibration must be off.
Also inset is one crazy feature, i use it for models that I have to paint and its providing me with awesome offset to compensate for paint and fillers, so in my opinion is working as it should, offsetting all walls into in /out.

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:36:38 PM UTC-7, lonesock (Jonathan) wrote:
Rick, I only sliced 2 test parts on the Mac build, so it's quite possible a bug crept in.  Could you please attach a zip of the STL and your settings used (INI files, and maybe the G-code output file so I can see that as well).

DDME-Marc

May 2, 2014, 1:37:25 AM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

Please note I struck a small glitch when using the user interface.

Although I am getting excellent dual extruder results when slicing with your latest release 1.4.1.3b. (and thankfully the teal fog is gone), however when attempting to review specific z layers it only shows the first layer regardless of where you position the z slider? Interestingly z layer review was not affected with the 'a' release.

Cheers,

Marc

Jaime García Villena

May 2, 2014, 7:58:50 AM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I dont know if this has been said yet, but you can't close a model nor scale it on the mac version. The extruder mapping dialog pops up as soon as you click in the object on the list.

Except that, I loved the new version. Dual extruder offset is now easy to set :]. And the executable recognizes that I inserted the PRO key!

The only thing it needs to be the definitive pro slicer, is regulable interface support spacing. Parts made with PVA+PLA settings with solid interfaces would be perfect.

Thank you Jonathan and glad so see you back!

Rick Zehr

May 2, 2014, 11:27:38 AM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm running the newest version on Mac, and Scaling is no problem. Right-single-click on the sidebar object and it offers the menu, including the new "Show extruder map".

Jaime García Villena

May 2, 2014, 12:06:32 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You, sir. Are correct.

But, if the "Show extruder map" isn't deactivated, I won't be able to manipulate the "height" setting or delete the item directly from the list.

Paul Dumke

May 2, 2014, 1:31:47 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've isolated the ig4dev32.dll crash to an OpenGL problem, I use a Lenovo laptop for my 3D printer and have installed that latest compatible win 7 Intel graphics driver available but the beta versions still crashes. Did anything OpenGL-wise change between v1.1 and v1.4? I don't have any problems with v1.1.

I'll be grateful for any suggestion?

Paul

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 2, 2014, 2:49:56 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Paul.

Only a few things...try this build for me?

thanks,
Jonathan

KISSlicer_win32_maybe_fixes_OpenGL_crash.rename2zip

Paul Dumke

May 2, 2014, 4:03:06 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This build seems to have fixed the problem, no crash.

thanks

Paul

Mimo

May 2, 2014, 4:55:25 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lonesock,
I am still new to KISSlicer and till now I used only the 1.1 version downloaded from the site. Yesterday I printed a part that was solid (and with no inner holes) but the slicer sliced it as if it had a hole. My guess is that due to the fact that it was a real narrow model and the perimetters thickness were larger than the object width this was the result. Am I correct/is this an acceptable behavior?
Can you share some info about the algorithm, so I can get better understanding on the way KISSLICER works.
It can save alot of time instead of doing reverse engineering by testing each of the parameters and the testing can be a bit more highlevel and/or inteligent (at least by me).

In any case the way the Kisslicer generate support material is impressive!
Thanks and good you are back (the main reason why I chose to give it a try and buy the pro version).

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 2, 2014, 11:37:44 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All!

I just updated the Win32 build, fixed some bugs, added a round bed option.

Mimo, could you please post a screenshot of the paths in question?  There may be multiple settings contributing to this.

Thanks!
Jonathan

toranarod

May 3, 2014, 12:01:28 AM5/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much. I got some serious printing to do. Great work.

PenskeGuy

May 3, 2014, 5:32:38 AM5/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Welcome back!

I posted another greeting in the Making the Group Public thread but wanted to say that it's great to be testing another beta once again. I had all but stopped slicing during your absence, only printing parts previously sliced. Just sort of lost interest for a while. Felt somehow like I'd be wearing out the slicer and when it was gone, there'd be no replacement. Hard to describe.

Anyhoos, I'll be giving the new beta a run; especially to see if the circle path wiggly is still gone. Thanks for hanging in there and sticking with it. We missed you.

Mimo

May 3, 2014, 6:46:23 AM5/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I attached some images:
two of paths that show that that the object is printed with as if it has an hole in side.
two of the model and one of my settings.
I cut the model in around the area where the model has problems and uploaded the STL, when you slice it you will see it separate into two parts although "there is no reason" todo so.
All behaviors does not change when slicing even in 0.01 layer thickness.

Thanks,
Mimo

I did sliced the model also with layer thickness of 0.01 but still got the "hole"
paths_height3756.JPG
paths_height375634.JPG
styleSettings.JPG
frontOfModel.JPG
backOfModel.JPG
hole check.stl

Claude Sutter

May 3, 2014, 7:42:16 AM5/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Can I post the beta versions in my forum? (http://forum.3d-tipp.ch)

Thank you for your effort, I find cool for something to go again :)

greeting
Claude

toranarod

May 3, 2014, 8:06:42 AM5/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi PenskeGuy .
I was waiting for you check in and see Jonathan was back, if I had your email I would of said something. I to would love the old forum back that was a great place to post as you say much better structure.
Happy printing.

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 3, 2014, 11:17:26 AM5/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Mac build is up!  Seems to also fix the modal behavior of the extruder mapping window.

PenskeGuy, great to see you!

Mimo, thanks, I will try to look at those tonight (today is relatively crazy, sorry!)

Claude, for now I would rather keep the betas primarily confined here for 2 reasons: they are more of alpha quality (more bugs!), and I can see any bug reports from the members here.  Once it is more stabilized I certainly wouldn't mind, though with some huge "NOT A RELEASE" warnings would be appropriate.

thanks,
Jonathan

It is loading more messages.
This conversation is locked