Thin lines broken and not full

Radus

May 15, 2014, 7:06:36 AM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I'm try slice a 3d model with thin lines have width is 0.4 mm. Same as extrusion width 0.4 mm
And after slice obtained broken not full lines. Why?
What's i made wrong ? or it is a bug ?

link for 3d model y-motor.stl

funBart

May 15, 2014, 3:20:27 PM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, do you have the PRO license? If so, you can set the oversample resolution on the "Misc" tab . Oversampling is the 'grid' or 'mask' Kisslicer applies to the model for slicing. Normally it's 0.1mm, but for this kind of objects I use 0.04 / 0.05mm. How smaller the oversampling, how longer it takes time to slice.
I use crowning not so much (I have disabled it with-1), but I assume that 1mm is still a good start.

Anyway: the reason of the system of oversampling is giving results a you show unfortunately, making it better with a smaller number.

What I do with those unwanted results is to use Inset (on the style tab) wit slight negative values (so the model gets bigger) with -0.05mm  for example. I adjust it so that with the minimum offset it's giving continues lines.

I hope this helps.
Bart

Radus

May 16, 2014, 3:19:15 AM5/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm dont have a PRO version. =(
Can you try adjust parameters and make screenshot of result ?
If thin lines will be full i'm will go to buy a PRO version ! =)

Nicolas Arias

May 16, 2014, 8:10:55 AM5/16/14
to Radus, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
i have the same problem with a 0.5mm single wall object (the classic cube).

using 0.04 on oversample and different values on crowning haves no effect.

any hints?

funBart

May 16, 2014, 2:44:26 PM5/16/14

On Friday, 16 May 2014 09:19:15 UTC+2, Radus wrote:
I'm dont have a PRO version. =(
Can you try adjust parameters and make screenshot of result ?
If thin lines will be full i'm will go to buy a PRO version ! =)

Sorry, I'm not from the Sales department....
But maybe someone else is, so can you post your stl?
Bart
Message has been deleted

funBart

May 20, 2014, 6:04:10 PM5/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Kisslicer and the y-motor stl.
I tried some as well, as I need this to dial in for architectural objects. For this stl (in the first post) I only got good results with Kisslicer with an oversample resolution of exactly 0.05. (that's with all extrusion widths on 0.4mm, no inset) With that value it makes nor difference I set the crowning to 1 or 0.01 or whatever. Other values tried (even smaller 0.04,and 0.06,0.07,0.08,0.1) are delivering poor results, even made worse with crowning values as 1mm. I had to set crowning to 0.01mm to get some better results.

Cura and the y-motor stl:
Cura even doesn't recognize the small extrusion lines

For this I suppose Slic3r and the y-motor-stl does the job the best for this object.
With the same settings, and the " detect thin objects' box checked on the Printer tab it's really following the stl geometry and spits Gcode out as expected.

So, however Kisslicer is capable with a very specific setting to slice as you want, I think for this object Slic3r is more predictable.

Depending of the job you always have to choose the slicer which is best capable to produce the output you want. Keep all tools at hand.
Bart

On Sunday, 18 May 2014 11:11:39 UTC+2, 3D_er wrote:
i played around with the file, i sometimes use negative settings for inset as well but it didn't help with this file, the only thing i did to make the lines not split on those fins was using a extrusion width of .25  so with these settings it should print no problem.   and i sometimes see no change in print between .2 - .5 on extrusion width anyways.  i attached the pictures. also the original file had many errors.

Radus

May 21, 2014, 12:48:54 AM5/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Big thank's for tests with oversample and crowning settings.
Now i'm know whats to do ! =)