jPlayer 2.7.0

Mark Panaghiston

Sep 1, 2014, 3:59:38 PM9/1/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
jPlayer 2.7.0 has been released on http://jplayer.org/

Download the latest version here:
http://jplayer.org/download/

The release notes for the changes from the previous release are here:
http://jplayer.org/latest/release-notes/

Upgrading is seamless. Simply add the new jquery.jplayer.min.js and Jplayer.swf files to your site.

New features:
  • New: ARIA features - State Class skins and disabling autoBlur.
  • Fix: key bindings breaking other page inputs.
  • Fix: Chrome bug for MP3 codec test.
  • See release notes for more details.
The jPlayer GitHub repo has had a v2.7 branch created.

jPlayer is listed in the official jQuery plugins:
http://plugins.jquery.com/jplayer/

This thread continues on from the previous development log for jPlayer 2.6.0, found here:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jplayer/yZZLUBziseY/discussion

The development log of jPlayer 2.7.0 will continue in this thread.

Please start a new thread for support requests.

Mark Panaghiston

Sep 19, 2014, 11:54:13 AM9/19/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
jPlayer 2.7.1 has been released on the jPlayer github repo:

I have started filling in the release notes for each release on github too:

Release notes:
  • [2.7.1] Bug Fix: Fixed the legacy Android fix to work with latest Android. This moved the android fix code to the loadeddata event from the progress event.

Martin Auer

Sep 30, 2014, 2:33:23 PM9/30/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

jPlayer 2.7 is not working on my Nexus 10 Tablet with Android 4.2.2 and Chrome 18.0

nor is it working on my Galayxy S4 phone with Android 4.3.0 and Chrome 37.0

Greetings

Martin

Luciano Garcia Bes

Oct 1, 2014, 3:06:03 PM10/1/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Tried jPlayer 2.7 and 2.7.1 and none of them work in Chrome, Opera Mini nor in Dolphin for Android 4.2 (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini) or Android 4.4 (Samsung Galaxy S5). Although they worked in the Samsung defaul browser for Android 4.2

Ashmodean

Oct 8, 2014, 5:10:37 AM10/8/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I confirm the player is not working on most of the mobile browsers, also the demos in the official jPlayer website. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Jonathan2

Oct 8, 2014, 5:24:16 AM10/8/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Are you definitely using jplayer 2.7.1?

For some bizarre reason, 2.7.1 is not on the main download site! You have to dig around and know about github or CDNJS etc.

Try this:

Best option: compressed, minified version served from a local CDN:

Or, direct download link to whole jplayer 2.7.1 package:

direct link to script (don't hotlink - it won't work, and it'll need minifiying)

Let me know if this works for you!

Martin Auer

Oct 8, 2014, 6:00:16 AM10/8/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Am 08.10.2014 11:24, schrieb Jonathan2:
> Are you definitely using jplayer 2.7.1?

I am trying the demo on the official jplayer site. On Android it works
in Firefox, but not in Chrome.

Martin

> For some bizarre reason, 2.7.1 is not on the main download site! You
> have to dig around and know about github or CDNJS etc.
>
> Try this:
>
> *Best option*: compressed, minified version served from a local CDN:
>
> <script
> src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jplayer/2.7.1/jquery.jplayer/jquery.jplayer.min.js
> <http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jplayer/2.7.1/jquery.jplayer/jquery.jplayer.min.js>"></script>
> *jquery.jplayer.min.js* and *Jplayer.swf *files to your site.
>
> New features:
>
> * New: ARIA features - State Class skins and disabling
> autoBlur.
> * Fix: key bindings breaking other page inputs.
> * Fix: Chrome bug for MP3 codec test.
> * See release notes for more details.
>
> The jPlayer GitHub repo
> <https://github.com/happyworm/jPlayer> has had a v2.7 branch
> created.
>
> jPlayer is listed in the official jQuery plugins:
> http://plugins.jquery.com/jplayer/
> <http://plugins.jquery.com/jplayer/>
>
> This thread continues on from the previous development log
> for jPlayer 2.6.0, found here:
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jplayer/yZZLUBziseY/discussion
> <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jplayer/yZZLUBziseY/discussion>
>
> The development log of jPlayer 2.7.0 will continue in this
> thread.
>
> Please start a new thread for support requests.

Ashmodean

Oct 8, 2014, 6:07:07 AM10/8/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Okay I tried again with 2.7.1 on Android Chrome and it was a cache issue. After opening the website in Incognito mode the player worked. Thank you!

Jonathan2

Oct 8, 2014, 9:09:18 AM10/8/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com, po...@martinauer.net
Hmmm... and therein lies the second problem. The site is also using the 2.7.0 code without the fix.

Not sure where the jplayer team are right now, but there are a couple of tickets open about this. I'm hoping they'll see it at some point and push the new code out soon.

In order to keep things lively and get noticed, you could add a relevant comment to these open tickets, or subscribe to them to keep up with activity.

Martin Auer

Oct 9, 2014, 4:39:18 AM10/9/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Phew, yes, that seems to have solved it!

THANK YOU!!!

Martin

---

Martin Auer, Rotenmühlgasse 44/15, A-1120 Wien.
Tel.: +43 664 33 52 696
http://www.martinauer.net

Alle Bücher von Martin Auer auf amazon:
http://www.amazon.de/Martin-Auer/e/B001K6AEUY/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Alle eBooks von Martin Auer auf Smashwords:
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/martinauer

steve...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 10:04:30 PM10/9/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
I just tried 2.7.1 and it still will not stream mp3's  (switch to flash) on ie 11 unless browser is in compatibility mode - plays static mps's fine..

Karnan Sekar

Oct 10, 2014, 7:08:27 AM10/10/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We are using 2.7 video player and trying to use a video that is converted from flv to mp4 using ffmpeg but it is not working. Please suggest us what is exact format or codec or mime type we required to play the video or suggest us what is video format that support all browsers and devices using JPlayer.

Thanks,
Karnan

Jonathan2

Oct 10, 2014, 7:22:40 AM10/10/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hi there;

It's best to start a new topic, but anyway, have you tried this?

Karnan Sekar

Oct 20, 2014, 12:57:42 AM10/20/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Yes I tried this encoding but it not working in all versions of chrome browsers.

Thanks,
Karnan

Mark Panaghiston

Nov 13, 2014, 8:45:36 AM11/13/14