AMD support in JXND

Nickolay Platonov

Apr 14, 2011, 3:50:23 PM4/14/11
to joose-js
I'm thinking about adding support for Asynchronous Modules Definition to JXND: http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Modules/AsynchronousDefinition

Any comments? Anyone know how this specification is appraised in CommonJS community?

Nickolay

Michael Bradley, Jr.

Jul 13, 2011, 1:03:04 AM7/13/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
AMD seems to be making headway; consider that in node.js v0.5.0 the `require()` system can now support modules defined AMD style. I just saw that today in the docs:

AMD style modules still get loaded synchronously, but at least the `define()` semantics are supported.

What I'm toying with now is an idea for going forward with RequireJS -- an AMD implementation.  I'm going to experiment with some forks of joose, test.run, etc. and see what I can do.

Nickolay Platonov

Jul 13, 2011, 2:32:57 AM7/13/11
to joos...@googlegroups.com
And I'm even thinking about Joose4 - a Joose w/o global namespaces.. Many concepts change, notably one need to explicitly use the "dependency injection" pattern (argh) everywhere..

Nickolay