achiral (meso) molecules marked as chiral

m.k.bo...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2013, 6:41:26 AM2/19/13
to indigo-...@googlegroups.com

m.k.bo...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2013, 3:33:37 PM2/20/13
to indigo-...@googlegroups.com, m.k.bo...@gmail.com
This one is even more obvious: C[C@H]1CCCCC1

As a friend of mine guessed, perhaps depict assumes every molecule that has specified configuration (with @ or @@) is chiral?

Mikhail Rybalkin

Apr 19, 2013, 4:39:31 PM4/19/13
to indigo-...@googlegroups.com, m.k.bo...@gmail.com
Hello Marcin,

I was focus on your second example and added a method  IndigoObject.resetSymmetricStereocenters in the version Indigo 1.1.9. There was another similar question here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indigo-bugs/FGkPE3Funkc/cDkN4rJAo6IJ

But now I checked your first example and I understand that it is a different thing. We should check if a molecule matches a mirrored one and clear a chirality flag is such case. I will add a method validateChirality in the next version.

And yes, each molecule with @ and @@ is marked as chiral when loading from SMILES. The the extended Molfile format there are three types of sterecenters: abs, or, and. And we assume that all stereocenters in the SMILES have "abs" type by default.

Best regards,
Mikhail

Mikhail Rybalkin

Jul 3, 2013, 7:36:37 PM7/3/13
to indigo-...@googlegroups.com, m.k.bo...@gmail.com
Hello Marcin,

We've just release a new version with a new documentation that has examples to the function you requested. Look either to the announcement on the indigo-general, or directly to the documentation preview

Best regards,
Mikhail