Liliaceae : Lloydia longiscapa Hook. ???

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 10, 2014, 4:40:23 AM10/10/14
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Mr. Garg,

For validation please.

Date: 26 Jul, 2014

Location: Dolakha, Nepal

Altitude : 12500 ft

Thank you and best wishes.

Saroj
DSC_1145.JPG
DSC_1140.JPG
DSC_1141.JPG
DSC_1143.JPG

D.S Rawat

Oct 10, 2014, 6:59:44 AM10/10/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, jmg...@gmail.com
Lloydia serotina to me. L. longiscapa has dark brown spot at the base of petals inside which is not visible here.
DSRawat Pantnagar

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2015, 6:28:46 AM9/10/15
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, D.S Rawat, surajit koley, Nidhan Singh
A reply from another thread:
"................... The plant in the link https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/tmw7t9aQz1w/EEv-XVDz_VUJ
looks different and probably at that time I did not considered L.himalensis as a possibility. Yes it looks to have longer style. If we rely on this character it goes to L.himalensis.
DSRawat Pantnagar"
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_1145.JPG
DSC_1140.JPG
DSC_1141.JPG
DSC_1143.JPG

surajit koley

Sep 11, 2015, 1:47:49 PM9/11/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, D.S Rawat, Nidhan Singh
Nepal has more Lloydia spp. http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=110&taxon_id=118768. Without KEY and description along with detail on the submitted specimen it is impossible to id this specimen.

One interesting aspect is that while FoN and FoP think L. longiscapa Hook. is present in China, the China flora doesn't think so, check the end note of - http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200027762 !

The key in FoP and FoC clearly state that detail on presence or absence of hairs on filaments and tepals are essential to start with genus. This detail is not found in this thread.

However, stamen to style length ratio suggests this specimen is unlikely to be L. longiscapa Hook. Of-course it's guess only, based on DSC_1141.jpg, one should not rely identifying based on a single flower or that of a single specimen.

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley
a non-botanist member of
efloraofIndia google group

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 10, 2018, 12:03:28 PM2/10/18
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Nidhan Singh
Lloydia himalensis Royle  ??

ID validatioj pending !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 13, 2018, 10:36:24 AM2/13/18
to surajit koley, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Mr. Koley,

It is OK. Just copied to you since you had some
comments earlier.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 9:09 PM, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir,

I do not know this species.

Thank you

Regards

Surajit Koley

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 21, 2020, 12:13:41 PM7/21/20
to surajit koley, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Lloydia himalensis is found mention in POWO, BHL and IPNI,
all 3 interrelated but could not find in any other links.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju