KEY to Genera

surajit koley

Dec 30, 2012, 9:44:50 PM12/30/12
to efloraofindia
Good morning
I need KEYS, and it is very troublesome to search and find them in a hurry.... here is a ready-reckoner. These keys can be found in - https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home, but it takes time. I would request administrators to keep this post at the top of our group site so that it could be found easily. I request all to add links to similar KEYs in this thread, and only KEYS..... Thank You

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 30, 2012, 11:36:07 PM12/30/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Thanks Surajit ji
A grand job done, and will perhaps members to pick up one (or more) genus and prepare a simple key so that non-botanists can also use it. We will make sure to have this on our main website also. Here it is.

We will soon add the list on the website only with links

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

surajit koley

Dec 31, 2012, 1:00:24 AM12/31/12
to efloraofindia

Dinesh Valke

Dec 31, 2012, 1:05:01 AM12/31/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Nice work, Surajit ji. Certainly a great help.
Regards.
Dinesh

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 11:30 AM, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:

Satish Phadke

Dec 31, 2012, 2:30:06 AM12/31/12
to Dinesh Valke, surajit koley, efloraofindia
Great work Surajit ji
We really need members like you and we are happy about it.

Dr Satish Phadke

surajit koley

Jan 1, 2013, 11:59:39 AM1/1/13
to efloraofindia
Many thanks to Gurcharan Sir, Dinesh Ji, Satish Sir for encouraging me to go ahead......

surajit koley

Jan 11, 2013, 10:44:39 PM1/11/13
to efloraofindia

surajit koley

Jan 21, 2013, 1:09:09 PM1/21/13
to efloraofindia

surajit koley

Mar 2, 2013, 12:32:22 PM3/2/13
to efloraofindia
will be cont'd .....

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 2, 2013, 9:53:09 PM3/2/13
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Thanks Surajit ji for documenting the group resources.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
will be cont'd .....

--

---

J.M. Garg

Mar 3, 2013, 12:27:01 AM3/3/13
to surajit koley, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks, Surajit ji,
I am also putting the Keys at top in future editing of efi site pages (along with description, pronoununciation, common names, uses etc) e.g. Acmella radicans edited yesterday.
So with in a year or so, such keys will be available at the top of various efi site pages.

Also when ever similar species are discussed on an efi site page, the page species is in red ink, while the informations about other similar species are in blue ink.

With the colour scheme as below, perusal of efi site pages becomes very easy (One has to look for a particular colour to know about a particular aspect):
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/colour-scheme-formatting

On 2 March 2013 23:02, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
will be cont'd .....

--

---

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2065 members & 1,47,500 messages on 28/2/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8000 species).

surajit koley

Mar 3, 2013, 11:18:55 AM3/3/13
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Sir.
Will continue my mission.

Regards,
surajit

surajit koley

Mar 3, 2013, 11:28:40 AM3/3/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Sir, i noticed the highlighting the keys and differences. These days i search at - https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home, instead of - https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/indiantreepix.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley