Balsaminaceae, Geraniaceae and Oxalidaceae Week :: DV27 :: 02 AUG 12 - 0853 :: Balsaminaceae » Impatiens ¿ species ? at Valley of Flowers

Dinesh Valke

Mar 9, 2013, 3:59:36 PM3/9/13
to efloraofindia
Balsaminaceae, Geraniaceae and Oxalidaceae Week
balsam, geranium, wood sorrel families
Balsaminaceae
Impatiens ¿ species ?
Place, Altitude: Valley of Flowers ... about 11000 - 12000 ft
Date, Time: 02 AUG 12 ... 08:53am
Habitat: sloping meadow
Habit: erect herb about 70 - 80 cm high, flower about 2.5 - 3 cm long, about 1.5 - 2 cm across

This plant posted for ID query earlier:
VoF Week :: DV :: 02 AUG 12 - 0853 :: Impatiens ¿ devendrae ? at Valley of Flowers

Response(s)
Satish (Phadke) ji: ?Impatiens edgeworthii
Gurcharan ji: Not Impatiens devendrae in which the spur is very different.
Not also I. edgeworthii in which upper part of corolla is yellow and capsules somewhat erect not pendent. Not yet sure about ID
Impatiens ¿ species ?

Impatiens ¿ species ?

Impatiens ¿ species ?

Impatiens ¿ species ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Wojciech

Mar 10, 2013, 4:16:34 AM3/10/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Our mystery white Impatiens again...
                                                      Wojciech

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 10, 2013, 11:17:53 AM3/10/13
to Wojciech, indian...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps next few weeks would be worthwhile to explore these species.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Wojciech <kruszc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Our mystery white Impatiens again...
                                                      Wojciech

--

---

Dinesh Valke

Mar 10, 2013, 12:25:01 PM3/10/13
to Gurcharan Singh, Wojciech, efloraofindia
I am of the naive feeling that it may be unexplored species.
If I am not mistaken this one is pending for ID with Flowers of India since 6 years; Tabish has the feeling that it could be a new species.

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 10, 2013, 12:36:30 PM3/10/13
to Dinesh Valke, Wojciech, efloraofindia
Yes Dinesh ji
With more than 200 species reported from India, I think a lot of digging is needed, but then for this and other interesting species we will have to take multiple photographs from different angles, lower and upper leaves on stem pictures and pictures of fruit, and then make a few herbarium specimens, if we are sure it is a new species. I have a feeling this may even be true for Geranium, which has lesser species in India but with interesting variation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Wojciech

Mar 10, 2013, 1:26:10 PM3/10/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke
We need to dig in only little more than one hundred :-) - Balsaminaceae flora is poor in regions to the north and west of Hiamlayan range and till now no one species from Western Ghats was found in Himalayas and vice versa...
               Wojciech

J.M. Garg

Mar 29, 2013, 10:09:35 AM3/29/13
to efloraofindia, Bhaskar Veeralinga, Wojciech Adamowski, Dr. Prashant Pusalkar, Sujana K Arjunan, singh...@rediffmail.com, Kishanlal, Gurcharan Singh, Tabish Qureshi, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, meenakshi prajneshu, amit kumar, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh sanyal, Balkar Singh, Nidhan Singh, Sundaresan Velusamy, mandeep kaur, Alok Mahendroo, Anil Thakur, Manoj Chandran, Umeshkumar Tiwari, Prashant awale, Dinesh Valke, Rajesh Sachdev, Mani Nair, Suresh Rana, anz...@gmail.com, Nayan Singh, keshava murthy, amit chauhan, D.S Rawat

Some earlier relevant feedback:

[...]

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2065 members & 1,47,500 messages on 28/2/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8000 species).

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 27, 2021, 11:39:19 AM6/27/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 27, 2021, 11:40:18 AM6/27/21
to indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2021, 8:18:19 AM7/4/21
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
I think it is close to the images and details at Impatiens tricornis Lindl.

Jul 5, 2021, 6:21:13 AM7/5/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Many thanks Garg ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

ashutoshsharma11sn

Jul 5, 2021, 7:01:30 AM7/5/21
to efloraofindia
This is what we have assumed as Impatiens meeboldii Hook.f. for now, although this complex needs more detailed work to resolve (i am are working on it). And It's definitely not I. tricornis Lindl. which in fact belongs to a completely different section i.e. I. scabrida complex.

Best regards
Ashutosh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2021, 10:53:30 AM7/5/21
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Ashutosh Sharma
Thanks a lot, Ashutosh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 9, 2021, 8:58:40 AM7/9/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma
Many thanks, Garg ji and Ashutosh ji.
Regards.
Dinesh